Author Topic: For Big Louie  (Read 288 times)

crabbyob

For Big Louie
« on: Dec 08, 2020, 10:59:48 AM »
Image may contain: text that says 'jon klassen @burstofbeaden last year in a library in Alaska I read a folk tale in a random book on a random shelf & have been thinking about it since & today wrote the librarian w/ no book title or author & in 2 hrs had a scan of the story & cover in my inbox librarians should be running everything.'
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Scrumpy

Re: For Big Louie
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2020, 11:06:09 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

biglouis

« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2020, 12:43:27 PM »
Yes this happened to me on numerous occasions when I was a librarian.

Someone came in once and described a book they had thought of taking out on their last visit but left it on the shelf and took another instead. They couldn't recall the author and title but they described some of the plot and knew it had a red cover.  I told them where they would find the book, on exactly which shelf near the middle.

The reader looked at me in awe. "You librarians must know everything"

"No, only God knows everything!"

They were not to know that the book has been misfiled and that I had seen it on the wrong shelf and replaced it correctly only that morning.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

granny moss

« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2020, 12:54:17 PM »
BL. Welcome back !... from the illiterate old hag.... :D Cheer up, it cannot be all that bad !  The sun is up....try and have a nice day ! Life is far too short....I like you, really. You do not have to like me.  I will not be upset.  gmx