Author Topic: supermarkets where i live,  (Read 2833 times)

Hugh

Re: supermarkets where i live,
« Reply #30 on: Jan 05, 2021, 09:19:02 AM »
Slow cooking makes meat more tender Mike. Many people use it to make stews.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #31 on: Jan 05, 2021, 09:50:56 AM »
Thanks - since being on my own I haven't cooked any stews nor casseroles, and don't suppose I will now
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #32 on: Jan 05, 2021, 09:57:39 AM »
If you get that 5 litre one you could make meals for a month. So long as you didn't mind the same casserole every day.

Apart from casseroles we sometimes do a joint of brisket in one then slice it and freeze the slices in separate meal size portions. Some veg and a bit of gravy with one of those portions and you have a fake roast dinner for little effort.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Hugh

« Reply #33 on: Jan 05, 2021, 10:39:01 AM »
Very little effort Klondike and saves a lot of money.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #34 on: Jan 05, 2021, 11:41:40 AM »
I wasn't looking to buy one, just intrigued as to what they looked like and what they were about
Mike

Cassandra

« Reply #35 on: Jan 05, 2021, 02:32:12 PM »
Not really understanding the role of slow cookers, I had a look on E-bay and was fascinated to see a very snazzy looking device - 5 litre and the package included an instruction manual - in Chinese!
Mike 😂😂😂

Of course 'you' (sic) could make the mistake of buying one of these SAM6 tracking devised ovens and then criticise a humble Parsley Box meal for being expensive, by reason to not require 'Ninja' technology to cook it? :)
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

« Reply #36 on: Jan 05, 2021, 03:07:18 PM »
Not really understanding the role of slow cookers, I had a look on E-bay and was fascinated to see a very snazzy looking device - 5 litre and the package included an instruction manual - in Chinese!
Mike 😂😂😂
I though 5l was big but while shopping in Lidl today I saw they had a 6.5l one for £24.99 should you be thinklng of cooking something up to last the whole year.   ;D
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

Re: Supermarkets Where I Live.
« Reply #37 on: Jan 05, 2021, 03:11:05 PM »
Thanks - since being on my own I haven't cooked any stews nor casseroles, and don't suppose I will now
Mike

I did a casserole for when my wife came out of hospital, not realising just how frail she was, so most of it got binned.

Although I did all our cooking & used the slow cooker quite a few times, I won't bother cooking again.

It'll be ready meals from now on.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Hugh

« Reply #38 on: Jan 05, 2021, 03:48:40 PM »
Diasi please do not go down the route of ready meals, yes I do have some myself, but I do keep cooking meals. Ninja foodi ideal for me and you and me a like. Yes 1 year 11 months ago I was suffering like you. Sorry but you have now got to live on your own, and cooking will fill apart of that void.

Traveller

« Reply #39 on: Jan 05, 2021, 03:59:30 PM »
I never quite got the hang of a slow cooker, but I do slow roast mutton and pork in my oven.  It will sit happily at 90-100 deg for 5 or 6 hours and produces beautifully tender joints.
You'll have had your tea.

Raven

« Reply #40 on: Jan 05, 2021, 04:05:34 PM »
I never quite got the hang of a slow cooker, but I do slow roast mutton and pork in my oven.  It will sit happily at 90-100 deg for 5 or 6 hours and produces beautifully tender joints.

I sometimes cook a roll of pork in the slow cooker, but pour a small bottle of cider over it. Lovely taste through it.

Hugh

« Reply #41 on: Jan 05, 2021, 04:06:27 PM »
Traveller I believe you have the usefulness of slow cooking but a slow cooker ideal for stews  and alike.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #42 on: Jan 05, 2021, 04:09:30 PM »
Of course 'you' (sic) could make the mistake of buying one of these SAM6 tracking devised ovens and then criticise a humble Parsley Box meal for being expensive, by reason to not require 'Ninja' technology to cook it? :)
I could always get a tinfoil hat to go with it. No, it was just idle curiosity - I’m  very good at idle
Mike

Diasi

Re: Supermarkets Where I Live.
« Reply #43 on: Jan 05, 2021, 04:21:14 PM »
Diasi please do not go down the route of ready meals, yes I do have some myself, but I do keep cooking meals. Ninja foodi ideal for me and you and me a like. Yes 1 year 11 months ago I was suffering like you. Sorry but you have now got to live on your own, and cooking will fill apart of that void.

I know you're trying to help but we're all different & to me my wife is still alive, albeit not in her physical form, so there is no void in my life.

I've just been talking to her & updating her on the events of the day & thanking her for looking after me & making me organised.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Hugh

« Reply #44 on: Jan 05, 2021, 05:30:24 PM »
 to me my wife is still alive

A truer word never spoken Diasi. People may think I am crazy or insane but that does not matter, I honestly believe Yvonne sprit still with me and talk to her every day.