Author Topic: Brexit will cause the pound to tank  (Read 7220 times)

Hugh

Re: Brexit will cause the pound to tank
« Reply #90 on: Jan 12, 2021, 07:57:06 AM »
Most large TV now you need sound bar otherwise the sounds quality pretty poor Mike. Both Yvonne and Eldest sons partner will  not have a large TV it seems they were an exception and not the average lady. I love a good film and cannot go to see them at a cinema so done the next best thing. Got a large TV with excellent picture quality and a sound box.
Yes GM you have to use the space you have the best you can. I went large because it suited me, but certainly would not be every ones cup of tea. Al about making life living alone more bearable.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #91 on: Jan 12, 2021, 08:18:16 AM »
Hugh
Yes I have a sound bar in the large lounge, but to be honest, I can’t really tell the difference between its sound and the inbuilt speakers - my hearing isn’t too bright - so I haven’t bothered for the other room
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #92 on: Jan 12, 2021, 09:09:04 AM »
Quite possible Mike you do not need a sound bar. Its when you get to much larger ones which which really need a sound bar because they have no body. With you having two TVs one with, one without answers your question you do not need one. I have the same problem as you with my earing I need new earing aid. Pleased my house is solid built I do not up set my neighbour with the volume I have to have it.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #93 on: Jan 12, 2021, 09:33:03 AM »
I'm sure you're right. As far as volume is concerned, this place is detached and well away from neighbours, so provided I keep the windows closed (no brainer this time of year!) I can rack it up to as high as I like
Mike

klondike

« Reply #94 on: Jan 12, 2021, 10:16:11 AM »
If that starts your teeth rattling then don't forget that getting to a dentist can be tricky now.  :)
So long and thanks for all the fish

Hugh

« Reply #95 on: Jan 12, 2021, 10:18:50 AM »
I have asked my neighbour several times if my TV disturbing them and they say they cannot hear it. These houses are solid built, and I very rarely hear movement next door. I should hear their baby cry but I don't. 

zoony

« Reply #96 on: Jan 12, 2021, 11:38:38 AM »
Also great for films.and watching golf. I am not a fan of any other sport. I blew £2000 on it but really enjoying the excellent viewing qualities. I am leaving a little money in the bank to get rid of my carcass and that's it. My sons will have my home. Given both my sons £2000 each. My youngest son and is wife chose a TV like mine. My eldest would like one as well but his partner will not allow it. What is it about women and large TVs ;D ;D ;D ;D

Too big..Too loud and obtrusive, too expensive a boy's toy that rarely looks in place in a normal house?..How long have you got?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #97 on: Jan 12, 2021, 11:58:11 AM »
Volume. My first wife and I lived next to a very noisy woman and her daughter, who was about seven or so. Child was named Karen, and even now, 55 years on, I can visualise the mother screeching ‘KAAARREEEEEENNN’ at about 97 decibels. Don’t know if there was a father in residence; if so never saw nor heard him.
The TV and/or radio was always loud. The houses were cheap and nasty 1930s semis, so flimsy that in the still of the night, we could hear Karen patter across to the bathroom and use the toilet. That wasn’t their fault, but the loud TV and radio were. One weekend day I prepared a tape loop of the really noisy bit of the 1812 Overture, the bit with the cannons, left it playing on my trusty reel-to-reel, with the speaker up against the party wall, and went out for about three hours. Whereas gentle comment had been water off a Duck’s back, this time the hint was taken.
Thankfully, we only had the place on a twelve months rent
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #98 on: Jan 12, 2021, 01:03:07 PM »

Too big..Too loud and obtrusive, too expensive a boy's toy that rarely looks in place in a normal house?..How long have you got?

Pretty much every thing you have said is your view Zoony. How long have I got? who knows? when my turn comes I will be gone and nothing I can do about it. Just what is expensive? buying some thing you cannot afford.  Rarely looks in place, well it does in my eyes and that's all that matters, living on my own with my little Roxy.

zoony

« Reply #99 on: Jan 12, 2021, 02:07:42 PM »
Hugh..You asked what it was about women and large TVs, my reply was my theory..not my complaint.

cowboy wisdom.

Hugh

« Reply #100 on: Jan 12, 2021, 03:12:35 PM »
My remark about ladies and large TVs was off cuff. It took me years to get my late wife TV up to a 48 inch. Zoony I never took it as a complaint very sorry if it came over that way. Your theory in fact was correct Yvonne it had to look correct in her eyes.

Got to admit Zoony I live for now, I have 3 pensions coming in so going to enjoy the rest of my life the best I can. I am done with saving for a rainy day I given both my sons £2000 each, better they have it now rather than sat in a bank, gaining no interest. Its great after years of struggling I now do not have money problems.

biglouis

« Reply #101 on: Jan 12, 2021, 05:48:51 PM »
To me there is something very "footballers wives" about huge TVs.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

zoony

« Reply #102 on: Jan 12, 2021, 05:50:38 PM »
Long may you enjoy it mate..

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #103 on: Jan 12, 2021, 07:36:05 PM »
Our TV is old. It's 42" and when I bought it we thought it was huge. I'll only replace it when it breaks down and would probably only go to maybe 46" as we sit fairly close to it.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #104 on: Jan 12, 2021, 08:17:13 PM »
Much the same here
Mike