Author Topic: Brexit will cause the pound to tank  (Read 7218 times)

biglouis

Re: Brexit will cause the pound to tank
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2021, 10:56:59 AM »
Bitcoin has risen astoundingly too - although more due to the pandemic.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

xetog

« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2021, 11:35:20 AM »
It seems to me that the problem with our internal media is that they believe anything negative and shout it out as loud as possible.  The assumption of the pound tanking was based largely on the likelihood of there being no free trade agreement, but there is. Also, the navel gazers look solely at our internal problems and assume that other nations are in a better position, which they are not. France, Germany, Japan, USA, all have the same or worse structural defects, but the media ignore them, preferring to knock the UK.  We may not feel it, but much kudos has been gained by the UK's stand against the EU and an agreement worth £650bn cannot be ignored.  There are sectors where the fight still has to be fought such as that for the financial centre, but the Pound is still one of the most trusted currencies in the world and in hard times is still considered a safe place to keep your money, wherever you are.  Additionally, we constantly hear that that loosing the EU financial dealings is a disaster when it will be no more than a hiccup. Yes, 80%  of our trade is through the city, but less than 20% of that is via the EU, so we would have to loose all the 16% of our financial trade with the EU to feel that drop when many  of the EU financial centres do not have the muscle to deal, particularly in currency where the city is the largest market in the world, now bolstered by being the worlds largest market in the Renminbi (Chinese currency) and set to boom.

Brexit alone might have been a problem, but Coronavirus has thrown all the chips back on the table looking for an enterprising nation to scoop up  the Lions share.  Don't listen to the doomsters, they are usually foreign and want the best bit for themselves, so knocking the UK is a way to do it, just don't believe our media when they moan all is lost, it's not, it is simply there to be won.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

GrannyMac

« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2021, 12:59:15 PM »
Well said xetog.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:02:14 PM »
Absolutely! Why is so much of the media so negative about the country that employs them in their cushy jobs?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:33:32 PM »
the biggest problem with the lieing toads is that instead of reporting the news they try and make it
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Raven

« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:35:07 PM »
the biggest problem with the lieing toads is that instead of reporting the news they try and make it

They should get a heavy fine for every lie they print. All to go to charity.

crabbyob

« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:36:26 PM »
can we nominate Scotland as our charity?
because you are talking a lot of money...lol
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Raven

« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:37:48 PM »
can we nominate Scotland as our charity?
because you are talking a lot of money...lol

You wee stirrer you. ;D

Cassandra

« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:43:48 PM »
The 'internal' media is owned/influenced principally by members of either 'The World Economic Forum', or 'The Bildenberg Group'. They are endemically anti Brexit and pro the Euro. Their long term plan is to form one currency for Mexico, The USA and Canada - the 'Amero'. Strengthening the Euro medium term but inevitably there would be one world wide currency - 'The Phoenix'.

Finance hubs like the City of London will be dissolved, cash will disappear through the issue of your 'citizen' ID card with everything about you on it, this will replace all bank or credit cards as these bodies cease to exist. Every transaction will be taxed, cash will disappear. Presently by 'Arbitrage' trading on the money markets they increasingly rule exchange rates anyway. Hence the 'Euro' has held up so 'well' against the £. All manufactured, it must have emptied the Krauts out even with their big trousers.

The £/Dollar ratio reflects the realistic way our currency has 'bounced' worldwide with the markets more interested in our validity as a 'confirmed' independent entity. The 'punishment' ideology within Europe that we cannot be seen to benefit from escaping their regime does not exist in the rest of the World. Brussels et al, as always is consumed with its own importance and is in denial to the $ being the World's default currency and value setter. Not their 20 year old creation, harbingering suppressed financial horrors to come as 27 disparate states are bludgeoned into supporting cheap German exports by having the life squeezed out of them. The Germans want the 'pack' as consumers - not achievers.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2021, 02:43:55 PM »
Absolutely! Why is so much of the media so negative about the country that employs them in their cushy jobs?
On top of what Cassandra says ask yourself if anybody would buy a paper with the headline "Not much happened of note today". A crisis sells more papers than that. No crisis? Invent one. Hardly a day goes by without the Express splashing weather predictions of  snow, torrential rain, huge freeze or heatwave.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2021, 03:27:07 PM »
And all on the same day!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2021, 04:38:22 PM »
thats the Scottish weather report Mike

crabbyob

« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2021, 04:42:22 PM »
i remember visiting the Memorial at Banockburn with my English wife,
as i got out the car i put my jacket on, i asked my wife if she wanted her coat but she shook her head..
fifteen mins later she said "if you were a gentleman you would give me your jacket"
I replied "and if you were Scottish you wouldnt need it".... no i didnt...lol

biglouis

« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2021, 05:09:38 PM »

There is a program on TV tonight about fake news. C4 at 9pm I think.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.