Author Topic: Brexit will cause the pound to tank  (Read 7231 times)

Hugh

Re: Brexit will cause the pound to tank
« Reply #75 on: Jan 11, 2021, 02:55:39 PM »
Even before they try to rejoin the EU it would take years to untangle us. I think I would be dead and buried before I saw the interesting out come ;D ;D ;D

crabbyob

« Reply #76 on: Jan 11, 2021, 03:33:30 PM »
i'll message you the outcome Hugh
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Hugh

« Reply #77 on: Jan 11, 2021, 04:02:06 PM »
i'll message you the outcome Hugh

Will you still be around Crabbyob. Better send one to both heaven and hell not sure where I will be ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

crabbyob

« Reply #78 on: Jan 11, 2021, 04:36:21 PM »
we will both go to heaven pal, but we might not both get in
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Hugh

« Reply #79 on: Jan 11, 2021, 04:42:45 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Raven

« Reply #80 on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:10:17 PM »
I don't want to go to either.........If they even exist. I would like to hang around here as a ghost.  ;D

Hugh

« Reply #81 on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:31:42 PM »
I believe you can Raven, I do not believe in Heaven or hell, but do believe the spirit stays put. I honestly feel Yvonne is still with me, which gives me comfort. If true or not it does not really matter, but I feel it.

Raven

« Reply #82 on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:38:01 PM »
I hope she is still keeping an eye on you.  ;)

Hugh

« Reply #83 on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:44:16 PM »
I expect Yvonne's doing her nut, she hates large tvs and the first thing I did, got myself a 60 inch one. ;D ;D ;D

Raven

« Reply #84 on: Jan 11, 2021, 07:56:14 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

crabbyob

« Reply #85 on: Jan 11, 2021, 08:01:42 PM »
i have a 55" great for watching sport

Hugh

« Reply #86 on: Jan 11, 2021, 08:25:19 PM »
Also great for films.and watching golf. I am not a fan of any other sport. I blew £2000 on it but really enjoying the excellent viewing qualities. I am leaving a little money in the bank to get rid of my carcass and that's it. My sons will have my home. Given both my sons £2000 each. My youngest son and is wife chose a TV like mine. My eldest would like one as well but his partner will not allow it. What is it about women and large TVs ;D ;D ;D ;D 

GrannyMac

« Reply #87 on: Jan 12, 2021, 05:57:08 AM »
Hugh, both our children have huge TVs, they're great, and I'm not against them per se. If we had rooms the size of theirs, then we'd probably get one too. But we live in quite a small 1930s house, and an overlarge TV just wouldn't fit with the size of room or the furniture. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #88 on: Jan 12, 2021, 06:19:23 AM »
I suppose it depends on the size of the room and personal preferences. Mine are both 42", ideal for the small lounge, possibly could be a little bigger in the large lounge, but not a problem, and I don't intend to do anything about it unless it expires before I do, in which case I will think about it
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Michael Rolls

« Reply #89 on: Jan 12, 2021, 06:25:05 AM »
far more important, to me, at least, is sound quality and there modern productions often fall down. For me, there is only one Miss Marple - Joan Hickson, and I can understand every word she says - very unusual amongst modern actresses in my experience. On the other hand - I have never watched Geraldine McEwan's offerings, until a few days ago when the opening few minutes offered something really interesting. alas, alack. 'Miss Marple' arrives on the scene and I could scarcely understand a word she said, even though I could understand all the male characters and the few lines uttered by another woman - SWITCH OFF!
Mike 😡
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!