Author Topic: Surprise!  (Read 420 times)

xetog

Surprise!
« on: Jan 04, 2021, 12:28:19 PM »
I have been completing a short biography of my fathers early years.  To complete it I was looking for a photo of him in his 20's so I asked my sister when we spoke on the phone a couple of weeks back.  He was living with her when he died 20 years ago and she has the family photo collection.

The photo duly arrived yesterday and apart from the 1930's style I could have been looking at myself in a mirror.  My wife was equally stunned because her memories of him were much later and we certainly didn't follow each other in looks then.  I have never considered myself as following my father in any way being far more in keeping with the distaff side of my family, but that photo has made me think.

Anyone else had a similar eye-opening experience?

Mike.X

If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Raven

Re: Surprise!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:10:50 PM »
Yes with my son. I know both my kids are the image of me but I saw a photo of my son taken a few weeks ago, I honestly thought I was looking at my dad........Weird feeling.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:12:56 PM »
my eye-opening experience is to look at a picture of me in my late 20s/early 30s, then something recent, and wonder what went wrong!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:15:11 PM »
Mike, Several years back I was up early for my swim and staggered into the toilet to wash n brush my teeth ect. I almost jumped out of my skin when I finally looked into the mirror and saw my mum looking back at me. :o :o :o

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:16:03 PM »
Dorian Grey has a lot to answer for!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:18:09 PM »
Dorian Grey has a lot to answer for!
Mike

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

crabbyob

« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2021, 01:22:51 PM »
when my mate sent me a pic from army days
i was surprised at how much i looked like my grandfather [whom i never met]
but my cousin had put a photo of him also in the army..
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

biglouis

« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2021, 05:16:02 PM »
As a kid my parents made it so clear that my sister was the preferred child that I used to think I was either adopted or illegitimate. However my grandmother pointed out I was the image of my father even down to the green eyes. I certainly had his temper.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.