Author Topic: Locked down again  (Read 4408 times)

Traveller

Locked down again
« on: Jan 04, 2021, 02:28:29 PM »
Our beloved dictator "Wee Jimmy" has announced a full lockdown for the rest of January or maybe February, March, April ....... .
No real details yet, but essentially the same as the first lockdown - and that didn't affect us very much.  Anyway, bad weather is forecast, so I don't inagine I'll want to travel far.

You'll have had your tea.

Alfred

Re: Locked down again
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2021, 02:49:29 PM »
Thank you all for your replies. i forgot to mention the greyhound centre in southend  which many years ago was used for greyhound races,  that was a long time ago how ever it was re developed, to which there are four shops one a lidl previously mentioned plus an Iceland, farm food and a pound stretcher store ,

so being spoilt for choice is a shoppers delight, that is assuming you like shopping in general,
that is as long as  my wife and i are able to get out,  although in a few years i expect we will revert to home deliveries, as we are both 84, now,

Traveller
I'm very sorry for my post ,which in error should have gone into my last post ( super markets where i live,)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2021, 03:10:03 PM »
I did guess. Don’t worry, it happens to us all
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alfred

« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2021, 03:12:59 PM »
Sorry Micheal,

it looks im having a senior moment , or rather had one,

alfred.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2021, 03:19:52 PM »
As for new lockdown, provided my cleaner can still come, and my brother in law can get to me occasionally, it won’t make much difference to me other than yet another turn of the screw
On the other hand, the effect of the virus has meant my car is months overdue for a service, I have had to cancel my dental appointment;(come to think of it, it is actually two appointments missed), my eye test, my remedial massage on my bad back and shoulder, and today my pacemaker clinic has been put back by twelve months, hopefully I can still see my chiropodist next week.
Despite all that upheaval, I am far better off than many folk.
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2021, 03:22:24 PM »
Boris having a word tonight at 2000 will we follow Nicola ??? ??? ??? ???

David G

« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2021, 04:13:31 PM »
Car booked in for MOT on Wednesday, dentist appointment for check up on the 13th. Life goes on.😷😎
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2021, 04:20:36 PM »
I am relatively high risk. I am not willing to increase that risk by having other people inside my car, nor am I willing to use a courtesy car. Similarly regarding going into premises when I don’t know how well they have been sanitised.
Mike

David G

« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2021, 04:31:25 PM »
I need my car for hospital visits and I've broken a tooth at the back which with my luck will turn into an abscess otherwise I wouldn't go for the check up.
What would you do in those circumstances ?.
Opinion. A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Raven

« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2021, 04:37:24 PM »
I need my car for hospital visits and I've broken a tooth at the back which with my luck will turn into an abscess otherwise I wouldn't go for the check up.
What would you do in those circumstances ?.

I'd turn up as planned, wearing a mask of course. They may just take you.. ;)

Diasi

« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2021, 04:37:37 PM »
As for new lockdown, provided my cleaner can still come, and my brother in law can get to me occasionally, it won’t make much difference to me other than yet another turn of the screw
On the other hand, the effect of the virus has meant my car is months overdue for a service, I have had to cancel my dental appointment;(come to think of it, it is actually two appointments missed), my eye test, my remedial massage on my bad back and shoulder, and today my pacemaker clinic has been put back by twelve months, hopefully I can still see my chiropodist next week.
Despite all that upheaval, I am far better off than many folk.
Mike

And hopefully your battery will last. ???
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

David G

« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2021, 04:46:48 PM »

I'd turn up as planned, wearing a mask of course. They may just take you.. ;)
I'll be masked when I take the car in and when I pick it up plus I'll wind the front windows down for the 5 minute journey home.
For the dentists I'll go masked and follow their procedures.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2021, 05:58:49 PM »
I'll be masked when I take the car in and when I pick it up plus I'll wind the front windows down for the 5 minute journey home.
For the dentists I'll go masked and follow their procedures.
A mask won’t save you if someone has left elements of the virus on the gear lever, the brake, the door handle - need I go on?
Mike

David G

« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2021, 06:12:32 PM »
A mask won’t save you if someone has left elements of the virus on the gear lever, the brake, the door handle - need I go on?
Mike
I always keep a packet of wipes in the car for when I've done my supermarket shopping.
I wipe down all you mention plus the steering wheel.
There's no guarantee you won't contract the virus from ANYTHING you touch if you venture out of your home.
The best bet is to lock yourself away from the world completely and there is still no guarantee you won't get the virus.
As mentioned previously I need my car for hospital appointments. 😷😎

Michael Rolls

« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2021, 07:42:25 PM »
I have wipes, masks and disposable gloves in the car, but I still look to minimise my risk
Mike