Author Topic: Locked down again  (Read 4446 times)

Raven

Re: Locked down again
« Reply #30 on: Jan 05, 2021, 02:32:07 PM »
I'm still not sure what we can or can't do.  Some papers suggest that we can't leave our house, but we can exercise outdoors as often as we want.

I leave the house every day for the dogs walk. I always go early and to a place few other people will be. I go to Tesco once a week and that's it. The lockdowns have not changed my life much, just Saturdays and no meal out followed by meeting friends at our local. But it's just the fact of being told to stay at home that hacks me off. I'd be staying anyway, but that's my choice not my orders.

Hugh

« Reply #31 on: Jan 05, 2021, 02:33:08 PM »
Go for as many walks as you like out doors, with your partner or on your own. Just be sensible and obey the isolation distance and no one will bother you. We are in lock down because people will not obey simple rules.

Hugh

« Reply #32 on: Jan 05, 2021, 02:53:42 PM »
My self Raven, I have to be extremely careful I know if I catch it, I am a dead man walking so the lock down made no difference to me apart from golf that is. Just a simple knee replacement is far to dangerous for me to have, and a bone marrow sample which they want is on hold. So what the hell enjoy life the best I can. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Raven

« Reply #33 on: Jan 05, 2021, 04:07:05 PM »
You have the right attitude Hugh. :D
I don't go for walks with my OH as he's away to work early, we do go out on a Sunday afternoon with the horses but the lockdown has stopped that. We also go to the beach with them in the summer evenings, they enjoy a good gallop.

Hugh

« Reply #34 on: Jan 05, 2021, 04:45:43 PM »
What as stopped you going out Sunday afternoons with the horses, cannot see any reason for that Raven.

Raven

« Reply #35 on: Jan 05, 2021, 04:50:38 PM »
Himself isn't sure if we can. Our local Police Station was closed so we don't know what's what. I have not seen anyone on horse back for a few days.

Hugh

« Reply #36 on: Jan 05, 2021, 05:19:11 PM »
Police are only interested if the isolation rule is disobeyed. Get on your horses and enjoy, ;D ;D  life must go on. ;D

em

« Reply #37 on: Jan 05, 2021, 05:53:58 PM »
Hugh,you are the most sensible person on this forum.Thank you.

Hugh

« Reply #38 on: Jan 05, 2021, 06:17:14 PM »
EM I certainly would not go that far but thankyou xxxx

Cassandra

« Reply #39 on: Jan 05, 2021, 07:16:20 PM »
You cannot visit your relative, or friend, but you can view a house for sale with an Estate Agent (if you require) and the homeowner and family all in attendance. Masks and distancing apply of course.

Conversely then to see a relative, just get them to put their house on the market and keep viewing? :-\
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Cassandra

« Reply #40 on: Jan 05, 2021, 07:25:49 PM »
You have the right attitude Hugh. :D
I don't go for walks with my OH as he's away to work early, we do go out on a Sunday afternoon with the horses but the lockdown has stopped that. We also go to the beach with them in the summer evenings, they enjoy a good gallop.

I envy you, I used to visit a stables (private estate of close friends) before lockdown just to be near to the horses and shamefully be treated as a sugar bag. I find their presence so wonderful, even though I can no longer ride. Hopefully I'll live long enough to return?

'No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses.'

Hugh

« Reply #41 on: Jan 05, 2021, 07:30:57 PM »
Cassandra rules are there to be broken or keep you safe. I quite often I break them, but obey one rule keep your distance.

Cassandra

« Reply #42 on: Jan 05, 2021, 11:29:05 PM »
Cassandra rules are there to be broken or keep you safe. I quite often I break them, but obey one rule keep your distance.
I was I thought clearly being reflective? Were I on the bench still and such 'stupid' mitigation be entered, I would be completely intolerant to the necessity of restraint.

A Counsel's mind however always sees the weaknesses, some might say 'loopholes' in any legislation and it is there?

biglouis

« Reply #43 on: Jan 06, 2021, 07:28:16 AM »
we do go out on a Sunday afternoon with the horses but the lockdown has stopped that.

There are exceptions for animal welfare (vets and pet suppliers are still open) so surely horses need exercise as much as dogs? I cant see any harm in an early morning ride in a remote place.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #44 on: Jan 06, 2021, 07:43:26 AM »
Raven
There are stables the other side of the farm opposite us and I am still seeing them out riding. Most recent time that I saw them was Friday or Saturday - I've been icebound since then!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!