Author Topic: So, what’s next?  (Read 1108 times)

Michael Rolls

So, what’s next?
« on: Jan 05, 2021, 01:40:49 PM »
OK, so there are vaccines beginning to come on line and the vaccination prommes have started.  As the proportion of the vaccinated rises, at what point can we expect something like normality to be possible? I haven’t seen even the remotest comment on this from official sources. Do we have to wait until virtually everyone has been vaccinated, and even then restrictions have to remain because some folk, for whatever reason, haven’t been vaccinated, or can things start to edge back to normal once, say, 60% of the population have been vaccinated?
If we are looking at the former scenario, is there any point in the vaccine? The situation would be just the same as if there hadn’t been a vaccine in the first place
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Cassandra

Re: So, what’s next?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2021, 02:08:12 PM »
OK, so there are vaccines beginning to come on line and the vaccination prommes have started.  As the proportion of the vaccinated rises, at what point can we expect something like normality to be possible? I haven’t seen even the remotest comment on this from official sources. Do we have to wait until virtually everyone has been vaccinated, and even then restrictions have to remain because some folk, for whatever reason, haven’t been vaccinated, or can things start to edge back to normal once, say, 60% of the population have been vaccinated?
If we are looking at the former scenario, is there any point in the vaccine? The situation would be just the same as if there hadn’t been a vaccine in the first place
Mike

Mike, I would imagine that because of this Covid syndromes unique properties that any predictions are very difficult to make. I think the decline for this dreadful bacteria will come through a pincer movement viz:

On one side the vaccine gains traction and decreases the numbers it can transmit too.  By intelligent and targeted restraints on the remaining population during this period, applied to both vulnerability and specific locations, its effects with desist exponentially. Indeed we could even be surprised at the speed of recovery? Both actions will fluctuate in intensity, but will work together to perhaps notice marked effect by the end of July?
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Re: So, What’s Next?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2021, 02:20:36 PM »
Mike

Like most, if not all vaccines, it's unlikely to stop the transmission of Covid as the purpose of a vaccine is to stop anyone who gets infected from becoming ill.

Therefore I would predict that we will have to wait until everyone has been vaccinated before we reach the point where social distancing & masks are no longer necessary.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2021, 02:25:02 PM »
That’s my fear. I simply cannot believe that we will be in a position to have vaccinated everyone. Even if it is made compulsory, there will be those who, for one reason or another, slip through the net.
So, what will happen? Docile  compliance or civil unrest?
Mike

Diasi

Re: So, What’s Next?
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2021, 02:50:48 PM »
That’s my fear. I simply cannot believe that we will be in a position to have vaccinated everyone. Even if it is made compulsory, there will be those who, for one reason or another, slip through the net.
So, what will happen? Docile  compliance or civil unrest?
Mike

The non-vaccinated will be able to infect other people but only the other non-vaccinated people will suffer any ill effects, so let them get on with it.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2021, 04:18:54 PM »
That’s what I would hope to see, although some non-vaccinated people are, as it were, innocent. There are those for whom the vaccine is not recommended,
including  pregnant women
Mike  

biglouis

« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2021, 04:40:33 PM »
Plus people with dodgy immune systems and other conditions for whom the vaccine is not recommended.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

klondike

« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2021, 08:23:16 PM »
Any vaccine can trigger an anaphylactic shock. Whoever gives the injection or at the very least a supervisor nearby needs to know how to handle that. I imagine anyone who has had such a reaction to any vaccine before will maybe not offered this one or at the very least there would be a mechanism to warn whoever was giving the injection.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2021, 02:26:13 PM »
Seems sensible.
Years ago we nearly lost Veronica to anaphylactic shock
Quite. Terrfying
Mike

Cassandra

« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2021, 02:42:14 PM »
Seems sensible.
Quite. Terrfying
Mike

Can't begin to imagine the dreadful scenario and its effects Mike, my full sympathies.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2021, 04:33:16 PM »
It really was. Thankfully, we only lived less than a Fleur  from our health GP nentre and one of the GPS came out and injucted madam with andromoline , or we would have lost her 20 plus years then we did
Mike

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2021, 04:47:06 PM »
Seems sensible.
Quite. Terrfying
Mike

What was Veronica allergic to?

Dayjo

« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:59:01 PM »
Christine has refused all jabs, since 2015. When she collapsed into the corner of the bathroom.

That was a very frightening experience...  http://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8412.0.html
David, Christine, + Mia...... NE Derbyshire.

Life happens, when you connect with people.
Not, constantly working to be better, or to have more......

Michael Rolls

« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2021, 10:05:26 PM »
What was Veronica allergic to?
wasp stings. She was stung by a wasp when we were in Hereford at her sister's and had no more than the normal reaction, if rather more severe than my own reaction to a sting, but a few days later, back at home, she was stung again and she collapsed - luckily the surgery was only a couple of minutes away and one of the GPs came round and gave her an injection - presumably adrenaline, as she had to have that with her for the rest of her life despite a two year desensitising course at Guy's
Mike