Author Topic: What is going on?  (Read 493 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: What is going on?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2021, 09:27:33 AM »
Well I think that particular force has history in this sort of thing. Must try and remember what is tapping on the door of the little grey cells
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Cee Gee

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2021, 01:50:23 PM »
Wow I cannot believe that with 32 views only one comment on this subject.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2021, 01:59:02 PM »
West, YPS do have a history
Mike

Cassandra

« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2021, 02:02:00 PM »
I'd like to see the ethnic split in these offenders, which might explain the leniency?
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2021, 02:04:15 PM »
Come, come, we mustn’t prejudge these benefits to society
Mike 😡

Diasi

« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2021, 02:09:02 PM »
I'd like to see the ethnic split in these offenders, which might explain the leniency?

It's fairly well-known that cautions for sexual offences are sometimes given to ethnic minority offenders on the basis that the offence may be acceptable in their home country.

In addition to the caution they are given advice on what's acceptable behaviour in the UK.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2021, 02:10:56 PM »
It's fairly well-known that cautions for sexual offences are sometimes given to ethnic minority offenders on the basis that the offence may be acceptable in their home country.

In addition to the caution they are given advice on what's acceptable behaviour in the UK.
I find that appalling
Mike

crabbyob

« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2021, 03:00:10 PM »
it is when you think a normal sentence was seven years on very little evidence
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Jacqueline

« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2021, 05:35:55 PM »

When you look at what went on in Huddersfield and Rotherham is anyone surprised?  But I was always told that ignorance of the law is no excuse.   

The Police had to give inhabitants of Penally Camp (aged 18 to 35)  "advice" on British ages of consent and hanging around playgrounds chatting up 14 year old schoolgirls.

Diasi

« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2021, 05:45:41 PM »

When you look at what went on in Huddersfield and Rotherham is anyone surprised?  But I was always told that ignorance of the law is no excuse. 

The Police had to give inhabitants of Penally Camp (aged 18 to 35)  "advice" on British ages of consent and hanging around playgrounds chatting up 14 year old schoolgirls.

But I was always told that ignorance of the law is no excuse

Only if you're an ethnic Brit.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Jacqueline

« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2021, 05:54:49 PM »
Too true Disai, unfortunatly.  Are you looking after yourself and eating? I expect you are very busy sorting things out, do take time for yourself. 

Diasi

« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2021, 06:03:09 PM »
Too true Disai, unfortunatly.  Are you looking after yourself and eating? I expect you are very busy sorting things out, do take time for yourself.

Yes thanks, I'm eating & sleeping quite well & as you say there are things that have to be done which are keeping me busy although her cremation arrangements are on hold as the coroner has decided there are grounds for a post-mortem to be carried out.

Jacqueline

« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2021, 06:15:17 PM »
Pleased to hear that.