Author Topic: Only an idiot...  (Read 400 times)

klondike

Only an idiot...
« on: Jan 06, 2021, 09:46:12 AM »
Cases are soaring, with a record 60,916 new cases reported yesterday. Hospital admissions for Covid are going up and up. Deaths are in the hundreds per day and increasing. Only an idiot would doubt we’re in the midst of a serious pandemic, right?

Except all these figures that show there’s a deadly pandemic raging are based on mass testing using PCR and more recently lateral flow tests. Cases are just positive tests. Hospital admissions are just people in hospital who test positive (and all patients are tested). Deaths are just people who die of any cause within 28 days of a positive test.

To get a true picture of what’s going on you have to look at data that are independent of PCR tests. So overall hospital and ICU occupancy, excess deaths, emergency calls for flu-like symptoms and so on. Strikingly, these data all speak in unison and tell a very different story.

Have a read...

https://lockdownsceptics.org/2021/01/06/latest-news-246/#wheres-the-pandemic

Alternately close your minds to everything but alarmist statistics based on dodgy testing the mainstream media pump out daily.

I have scripts that download the government stats regularly. The only ones anything like up to date are "Cases" - i.e. positive PCR tests and deaths with the rest all lagging by a week at least. Why might that be - because that is what the government want the media to pump out.

Even the latest vaccination stats which I added to my sig are currently from December 27th yet Boris announces (regularly) that over 1.3 million have been vaccinated. I guess when he gets tired of the announcements the public stats may start getting updated unless they fear they are falling behind schedule and don't want the media graphing those.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

Re: Only an idiot...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2021, 09:51:09 AM »
I'll steer clear of the Lockdownsceptic clowns, the statistics & the graphs & take my lead from the look of sheer desperation on the faces of ICU consultants who beg me to obey the lockdown rules.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2021, 10:05:31 AM »
That is entirely up to you although I must say simply accepting what the establishment tells you to believe rather goes against your views on many other subjects. The NHS goes into meltdown every year. The only difference this year is that they have an oven ready excuse.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2021, 10:07:32 AM »
we seem to be running out of options. As cases continue to rise, as they surely will, what next?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2021, 10:12:42 AM »
What next indeed.

You can't hermetically seal the entire population away for a month so whatever is done illness will spread as it does every winter. Some of that illness will doubtless be the dregs of Covid-19 but a lot of it is also undoubtedly one of the several hundred other respiratory diseases that come around, kill the old and vulnerable, and overwhelm the poorly managed NHS every winter.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2021, 10:39:47 AM »
That's right - as I said in an earlier thread/post, how many winters do we NOT see the NHS unable to cope. Again, as I have said before - it's chickens coming home to roost. The UK has, as far as I can find, the lowest number of acute beds per head of population of just about any comparably developed nation. The bean counters see this as a good thing. Front line staff and those who have treatments delayed, even cancelled because of this, beg to differ
Mike

Gazza56

« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2021, 11:01:41 AM »
Being married to an retired nurse and still in contact with a lot of NHS workers I have to say that this post worries me .I regularly talk / have contact with NHS workers and know for fact that they are battleing against the odds, They are ALL Working their butts off and really don't need PRATT'S coming on here talking a load of codswallop .Open your eyes this is for REAL

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2021, 11:06:52 AM »
Gazza56
As your post immediately followed mine, are you saying I am writing 'codswallop'? I was a senior manager in the NHS for 20 years and saw, very much at first hand, the damage that repeated attempts to 'improve efficiency' i.e. cut costs. had no beneficial effect on front line services
Mike

Gazza56

« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2021, 11:13:56 AM »
No I was replying to the fact that people don't realise or believe that what is happening is true . I would never say that anyone working for the NHS talks codswallop

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2021, 11:26:22 AM »
Being married to an retired nurse and still in contact with a lot of NHS workers I have to say that this post worries me .I regularly talk / have contact with NHS workers and know for fact that they are battleing against the odds, They are ALL Working their butts off and really don't need PRATT'S coming on here talking a load of codswallop .Open your eyes this is for REAL

No I was replying to the fact that people don't realise or believe that what is happening is true . I would never say that anyone working for the NHS talks codswallop

Well I'm of the same mind that you are.

The ICU consultants, doctors, nurses, ambulance crews & hospital trust CEO's can't all be wrong in their assessment of the situation.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2021, 11:42:18 AM »
Thanks
Mike

Scrumpy

« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2021, 01:43:05 PM »

Gazza56.. No matter what you say .. No matter what you see or experience you will always get the DOUBTERS....

There is nothing more frightful than the ignorant in action..

By Cassandra..      Never a truer word.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

klondike

« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2021, 01:46:22 PM »
I'll certainly agree with that. It seems most rely on hearsay, newspaper headlines and TV news clips rather than investigate anything for themselves from publicly available government, ONS and NHS sources.