Author Topic: Lockdown in Rat Island  (Read 1341 times)

digitalis

Re: Lockdown in Rat Island
« Reply #15 on: Jan 17, 2021, 03:32:51 PM »
I am luvvin the pics above. More please!!

I have just completed my perambulation around my usual walk here in the City of Rats. The Uni Chancellor must be applauded for his acumen in  filling up small spaces with more students. I noticed looks-like human habitation above the local pizza rat house: a broom sized cupboard that can probably fit 3. The next door Lidl was as usual full of people all a-jostling and a-shopping. Rats indeed!

When I came out the rats were everywhere: just as many peoples as the Bronx,peoples from all across the world...and not all student age!!

Coming up to figure 8 layout island it appeared like Monza! No covid rules here! All cars out a zooming around at terrific speeds. Some appeared to be going the same speed as Clarkson and I'm surprised(and a little disheartened)that I didnt see some zooming round on two wheels! There was all sorts o racket going on: sirens from ambulances,sirens from police,the revving of twin set double V8 engines,vans...the lot.

Just before I enter a side street that enters a small park(no wildlife seen or allowed),I have to cross two of the busy roads that go round the figure of 8 roundabout. Here there are two pelican crossings. This is always fun. To enhance the steady flow of traffic which comes from more cars with more people and flats and people all a-coming into the country,the lights are set so that you have 3 seconds to cross one road. Dont hangaround!!!! As soon as the green man comes up the race is on and clock working to set it green for the revving cars. I'm thinking plus 5 years and Usain Bolt wont make it to the other side of the road. Any knee or arthritic troubles and yer a gonna.

All this in the quiet time of Covid! :-X

I'm not sure what the chancellor's on: £450k? You wouldnt keep toads(or bats?)in the multi rat rooms s/he has built all on top of one another. But they call it science,or education or a nice-earner theseadays. I am behind the times.

Your local correspondent from the City of Rats.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeugh! (The sound of rat calling) It's supposed to be progress!!

Is there a spew icon I can draw down from the icons above.? Pass the bucket.

klondike

Re: Lockdown in Rat Island
« Reply #16 on: Jan 17, 2021, 05:01:46 PM »
I need to be a bit circumspect as the sort of folks with the sort of gardens I see on my lockdown roaming may take the hump at me taking pictures and decide to alter the shape of my face.

There is one house where the entire front garden is brambles that have at some time demolished any fence and spill over the pavement - I may be able to find that one on streetview and will add it if I can. There are plenty with unbelievable amounts of crap in them and as I said rotting cardboard packaging.

It's on streetview but is more luxuriant now than when Google immortalised the view

So long and thanks for all the fish