Author Topic: Lockdown in Rat Island  (Read 1339 times)

digitalis

Lockdown in Rat Island
« on: Jan 07, 2021, 12:13:27 PM »
Whilst understanding and agreeing with the need for the present lockdown,I do hope some leeway is given to the rats of London.

I hear that the police are to go out to seek and fine loiterers on park benches. ??????

Tis grand for the bigwigs and BBC execs and well paid staff in their mansions and wotnot...Hampstead of Islington? But wotsabout the renters and council tenents a-cooped up in their 6x4 cells in bedsits or tenement rat hole high rises. Sometimes these 'holding cells' have abusive fathers/mothers,cranky partners,all off-their-heads with poverty incomes. Most of our leaders and account holders live in large houses with good gardens...even grounds. All right for some. Space,good income,good health,all a-being paid. Meanwhile in the rat-holes of some parts of concreted over London...well,need I go on?

Meawhile...in another city, in the densely packed island that is becoming overcrowded England...I walk back from my local Co-op. OMG! Yeh,10 cars parked in a 3 bedroomed house front drive. The garden which once was shrubs and earth has been bricked over. I guess the house to have had 3 maybe 4 bedrooms,with the one bedrrom a box bedroom. Now we have 10 occupants. I guess 3,4 or 5 can sleep in one bedroom. Or maybe the living room has been taken over to house more beds. Cram 'em in. Shish...what a dump. And what if you had 'that' as a neighbour.

But down the road and the uni campus...Chung centre(I mean no offence to any Chinese person). Lottsa and lottsa rat flats...all around a a dumpster river surround by even more rat flats. On the pavement and about the river and pavements...pizza boxes,discarded shoes,shopping bags,old clothes,tatt...and lots of it. In one rat flat one bedorromed falt there's a sign(half peeling off...) 'F5CK Boris'. Wottadump! Have you seen the the overcrowded cities of China? I dont wish to diss the folk or the country...but,in some parts...it does look the pits. Still,we have it coming here.

And still they come.

They must come.

They call it growth.

digitalis

Re: Lockdown in Rat Island
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2021, 12:15:05 PM »
Sorry. Wife counted the cars: 12!!!

Cassandra

« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2021, 03:00:34 PM »
Sorry. Wife counted the cars: 12!!!

So who's right? :)
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2021, 04:21:43 PM »
Or left

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

digitalis

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2021, 07:43:50 AM »
Trusting the wife.

I guess its a HMO. Or maybe some guy who likes collecting an assortment of cars! Crackers car yard!

I am far removed from being 18,but you do wonder how you can keep all that get-up-and-go in you when you may be confined to small digs and the rest of the world is shut down. Dogs go nuts(confined) and you can see how past caged zoo animals paced their cages.  Maybe the government could crop spray the country with sedatives to keep the natives quiet until the vaccines and restrictrctons come in and/or are lifted.

I hope the police use their discretion

klondike

« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2021, 09:46:33 AM »
I guess its a HMO. Or maybe some guy who likes collecting an assortment of cars! Crackers car yard!
In the rougher neighbourhoods in these parts where  ̶s̶c̶r̶a̶p̶  classic cars are frequently used as garden ornaments the better class ones are often Thunderbirds or other American models. Some are enhanced by a bush or tree growing through where the bonnet has been removed. These bushes/trees are usually elder or buddleia as they self set. 
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2021, 03:19:56 PM »
Nice to know some elements of good taste still exist
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2021, 04:41:24 PM »
An attractive alternative to classic cars are old sofas and supermarket trollies.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

klondike

« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2021, 06:20:30 PM »
I've noticed that some can't afford Stanley knives to cut up large cardboard boxes such as those big TVs come in so they will  fit in a wheelie bins. Instead they use the alternate technique of leaving them in the garden. I thought this was to make them easy to fold up but some appear to be waiting for them to mulch.

biglouis

« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2021, 09:34:09 AM »
If you leave them out in the wet for a week or so you can usually rip them up into smaller pieces and fit them in the bin.

crabbyob

« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2021, 09:52:20 AM »
where i live its not a great idea leaving out a box telling the world you have a brand new wide screen TV
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

biglouis

« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2021, 12:20:40 PM »
I get a lot of large plain packages. No hint as to what contents are as I rip off all the labels and shred them. I just dump them behind the bins where they cant be seen unless you know where to look for them.

klondike

« Reply #12 on: Jan 17, 2021, 01:57:17 PM »
Here is an incomplete garden ornament. Once the bonnet gets taken off to allow a chainfall to be used to remove the V8 for work on in the kitchen either an elder or budlea will be able to self set and grow through to complete the effect.

zoony

« Reply #13 on: Jan 17, 2021, 02:12:09 PM »
Here is an incomplete garden ornament. Once the bonnet gets taken off to allow a chainfall to be used to remove the V8 for work on in the kitchen either an elder or budlea will be able to self set and grow through to complete the effect.

I once did a favour for an acquaintance and let him park 5 cars on my front lawns.. That was just before he was arrested and sent down for 9 months (nothing to do with motors). Got rid of 'em eventually but it took months and left scars..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #14 on: Jan 17, 2021, 02:16:04 PM »
That one has been there quite a while. The weathered fence in the picture goes all the way to a small gate so postdates the careful positioning of the eventual ornament.