Author Topic: Derbyshire police.  (Read 5743 times)

zoony

Re: Derbyshire police.
« Reply #75 on: Jan 10, 2021, 05:05:05 PM »
Does he??.. Well, that's news to me. Him and his dad have been estranged forever..literally!  ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #76 on: Jan 10, 2021, 07:55:27 PM »
Two hours ago Albert was barking his head off at the sight of a 'Plod' photographing cars outside houses in our Close. Presumably those that his reg checker did not relate to the property(s) they were adjacent too can expect interrogation and 'warnings'.
There are always "foreigners" parked near my place - Post Office, Co-Op, Vets and even some picking up schoolchildren. Sadly they all clearly find it far too much trouble to park in the free public car park across the road so they park in front of residential properties. Really annoying when you return from the supermarket with a boot full of shopping.
So long and thanks for all the fish

GrannyMac

« Reply #77 on: Jan 10, 2021, 08:00:36 PM »
My daughter lives in Sale (Manchester) and said that she's rarely seen the place so busy with people out walking.
She recons that while they would normally have travelled to the Peaks or some other area for recreation, they are heeding the call to 'stay local' - resulting with more people in town .  Where is there more chance of spreading the virus - country or city street? (rhetorical question)

We live in a similar environment, the Peaks are quite accessible to us, our son lives at the other side like your daughter, and sometimes we'd meet up half way.  Today I've just walked, with a friend, in the local park, which was busy, then around the very quiet streets.  The city centre is quiet, the trams and buses are almost empty, they pass the side of our local park.  For the moment we're heeding the 'stay local' call too.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Hugh

« Reply #78 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:11:04 AM »
These two very stupid ladies got  a fine not for drinking coffee but for advertising fact they were not locals. The police had to act. They have certainly put the police in bad light, who are trying to keep us safe from virus spreaders. Using drones is a useful tool to cover more area. Got to admit I lost my cool when I see so many on here, and on face book being fooled my these two ladies.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #79 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:17:34 AM »
I give up! Hugh, your ability to totally and utterly misunderstand what happened and how it related to the overall picture is matched only by your dogged determination not to answer simple questions repeatedly put to you
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Scrumpy

« Reply #80 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:30:20 AM »

Like GrannyMac I too am heeding the 'stay local'... I feel that having to drive somewhere in order to take a walk is not 'staying local'..
There are many on here who live in beautiful areas and they are lucky.. But we can't all rush off to these places..
I walk around the block.. just out the gate and chuck a left.. sometimes a right..

I think these 'ladies' knew exactly what they were doing..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Hugh

« Reply #81 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:37:24 AM »
Tell me Mike where I can see what really happened on that day so I can change my view on the subject. May be it was filmed by some one, which I may have missed. The only thing I seen is the ladies read and heard version.

Scrumpy

« Reply #82 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:41:34 AM »

Perhaps you both should take a walk to clear your heads..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

sparky

« Reply #83 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:44:33 AM »
Scrumpy, But if the person lives in a very busy area, and by driving just a few miles the person can be well clear of others, to possibly  infect or be infected, is that not preferable, I am not suggesting traveling 50 odd miles or so, my long departed old buddies saying is apt in these cases, " theres a difference between scratching your arse and tearing it to pieces" .

Hugh

« Reply #84 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:57:36 AM »

Perhaps you both should take a walk to clear your heads..

Scrumpy I spent 24 hours off the forum to clear my head. I am quite happy to to climb down off my high horse if my view proves to be wrong.  Mike convinced I am in the wrong so now giving him chance to convince me.   

Michael Rolls

« Reply #85 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:59:33 AM »
Eh? You said I convinced you
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #86 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:04:12 AM »
Scrumpy, But if the person lives in a very busy area, and by driving just a few miles the person can be well clear of others, to possibly  infect or be infected, is that not preferable, I am not suggesting traveling 50 odd miles or so, my long departed old buddies saying is apt in these cases, " theres a difference between scratching your arse and tearing it to pieces" .

Cannot disagree with you Sparky, but the lock down rules are you must stay local and not use your car. Many people are but they shouldn't cry if caught

Michael Rolls

« Reply #87 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:05:14 AM »

Like GrannyMac I too am heeding the 'stay local'... I feel that having to drive somewhere in order to take a walk is not 'staying local'..
There are many on here who live in beautiful areas and they are lucky.. But we can't all rush off to these places..
I walk around the block.. just out the gate and chuck a left.. sometimes a right..

I think these 'ladies' knew exactly what they were doing..
Sorry, many people need to drive somewhere to have a walk. I am one of them - I have to drive about two and a half miles to be able to walk safely and comfortably in a large, scarcely used park. Although I live on the edge of three miles of farmland, walking in the fields at winter time is totally out of the question - and walking in our lane even when it isn't a skating rink, you take your life in your hands - even if the tractors don't force you off the lane - which is what has to happen for most of its three mile length, this time of year you can guarantee being spattered with mud.
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #88 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:07:16 AM »

Cannot disagree with you Sparky, but the lock down rules are you must stay local and not use your car. Many people are but they shouldn't cry if caught
Oh dear, wrong again. Nobody has said you musn't use your car - why don't you read the various articles, including the statement by the ACPO instead of making it up as you go along?
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #89 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:20:36 AM »
Many times it been said on the TV (in England) many times you mustn't drive out of your local area to exercise, in the last couple of days. Your articles could now be out of date. Your reason for driving a couple of miles is very reasonable and the police should also see it that way.