Author Topic: Derbyshire police.  (Read 5752 times)

Diasi

Re: Derbyshire Police.
« Reply #15 on: Jan 08, 2021, 09:29:14 PM »
No, cannot in any way be described as essential. If he were your carer then there's a caveat of relaxation built in. However your geographical variance to each other would logically suggest this being an arrangement to deliberately circumnavigate the emergency regulations, not a pragmatically established logical arrangement to provide practical care for you.

There's no requirement in the support bubble rules for care to be a factor & in fact a support bubble can exist in a situation where one of the households has an existing care package in place.

You can form a support bubble with another household of any size ifyou live by yourself – even if carers visit you to provide support

• I'm getting quite depressed by the thought of my wife's bedroom being empty for possibly months but I don't want my son & his partner getting fined 200 quid each.
  • Maybe I'll tell them not to come & I'll try & get the bed upstairs myself, the worst that can happen is I fall down the stairs or a have a heart attack.
  • Make every day count, each day is precious.
    "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Alex22

Re: Derbyshire police.
    « Reply #16 on: Jan 08, 2021, 09:32:16 PM »
    When in doubt Phil - play dumb,  Don't be lifting the bed by yourself !

Diasi

« Reply #17 on: Jan 08, 2021, 09:34:00 PM »
    When in doubt Phil - play dumb,  Don't be lifting the bed by yourself !

I'm going to give it a go tomorrow morning.

I no longer care what happens as getting my wife's bedroom back to being her room is all that matters to me.
    Make every day count, each day is precious.
    "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Jacqueline

« Reply #18 on: Jan 08, 2021, 09:48:05 PM »

I no longer care what happens as getting my wife's bedroom back to being her room is all that matters to me.

For goodness sake be careful, dragging a mattress upstairs  let alone a bed is no easy thing for one person.  Please take care.

Alex22

« Reply #19 on: Jan 08, 2021, 09:50:11 PM »
    Haven't you got any teenagers in the road who would help you ?   give 'em a fiver !

Diasi

« Reply #20 on: Jan 08, 2021, 09:52:59 PM »
    Haven't you got any teenagers in the road who would help you ?   give 'em a fiver !

No, it's only a small close & I'm not going to start asking the neighbours for help.
    Make every day count, each day is precious.

Alex22

« Reply #21 on: Jan 08, 2021, 09:55:45 PM »
    You don't have to 'start asking for help'  - it would be a one off ! 
    On the other hand, if you live in a small close nobody is likely to snitch on you if your lad arrives to help. 👍

Michael Rolls

« Reply #22 on: Jan 09, 2021, 04:15:56 AM »
    Not before time, Derbyshire Police are having to wind their collective, bully-boy, neck in. From today’s BBC News website:-

>>A police force that was criticised for its "intimidating" approach to two walkers is to review its lockdown fines policy

Jessica Allen and Eliza Moore said they were surrounded by police after driving five miles from their home for a walk on Wednesday, and fined £200 each.

Derbyshire Police initially said driving to exercise was "not in the spirit" of lockdown.
    But it now says new national guidelines mean it will review its position.
    In a statement, the force said all of its fixed penalties issued during the new national lockdown will be reviewed.

But in a statement, the force said further guidance issued by the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC) had "clarified the policing response concerning travel and exercise".

The guidance said: "The Covid regulations which officers enforce and which enables them to issue FPNs [fixed penalty notices] for breaches, do not restrict the distance travelled for exercise."
    The NPCC added that rather than issue fines for people who travel out of their local area "but are not breaching regulations, officers will encourage people to follow the guidance".

The force has now said it will be "aligning to adhere to this stance".

And the bit I really love:-

>>Assistant Chief Constable Kem Mehmet said: "We are grateful for the guidance from the NPCC.<<

You can just hear him hissing it through gritted teeth!

Mike
    Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
    The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #23 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:20:28 AM »

Sorry Phil but your silly pride, you could end up being a burden to others. 

Hugh

« Reply #24 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:25:43 AM »
    The police have been told to enforce the lockdown rules with so many now ignoring it. Over 1000 people a day are now dying of covid. When I did my shopping the other day you just wouldn't know we were in lockdown.

GrannyMac

« Reply #25 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:31:13 AM »
    Derbyshire police overreacted to those women. However, this is what they are also faced with. We travel through the Peaks regularly, well we did, but avoid nowadays whenever there is even a hint of snow forecast! 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/motorists-snow-tourists-slammed-ignoring-4851634
    Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #26 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:32:41 AM »
    The police have been told to enforce the lockdown rules with so many now ignoring it. Over 1000 people a day are now dying of covid. When I did my shopping the other day you just wouldn't know we were in lockdown.
    Fair enough, but that is scarcely relevant to the way the Derbyshire police have been going about things. Even in present circumstances, their approach has been totally disproportionate, as they have now been forced to accept
    Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #27 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:37:53 AM »
    Derbyshire police overreacted to those women. However, this is what they are also faced with. We travel through the Peaks regularly, well we did, but avoid nowadays whenever there is even a hint of snow forecast! 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/motorists-snow-tourists-slammed-ignoring-4851634
    Clearly idiots, but two wrongs maketh not a right! The two ladies the police seized upon were actually doing nothing wrong. Clearly the attitude of at least some Derbyshire officers is ‘The law is what I happen to make up on the spur of the moment’  I mean, for pity’s sake, a cup of coffee is a picnic?
    Mike

Hugh

« Reply #28 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:45:50 AM »
    Just how far did they drive for this cup of coffee ??? ??? ??? ??? . This being heavy handed should stop others doing the same, and reduce the spread of the virus.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #29 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:56:03 AM »
    sorry Hugh, but your protests are in the too much category. They drove 5 miles in two separate cars, maintained social distancing at all times until crowded by the Gestapo and the Association of Chief Police Officers have effectively, although politely, told Derbyshire they got it all wrong - and not for the first time. Now be honest - do you really, really think a cup of coffee constitutes a picnic?
    Oh and misapplying the law in a heavy-handed manner 'pour encourager les autres' is OK with you - well it bloody well isn't with me!

Mike