Author Topic: Derbyshire police.  (Read 5745 times)

Hugh

Re: Derbyshire police.
« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2021, 10:20:56 AM »
Yes and those two could turn into thousands if allowed to go unnoticed in the beautiful peak district Mike. Do you class 5 miles as local  ??? ??? ??? ???  I am having to stick to the rules so can they.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #31 on: Jan 09, 2021, 10:28:48 AM »
Can you not get it into your skull? THEY DID!!! Your comment that if they had not been illegally harassed then thousands would have flooded into the area is frankly quite ridiculous.
You seem to have forgotten that the function of the police is to apply the law and to act WITHIN the law - not make it up as they go along
BTW - have you actually read the two articles? It's hard to believe that you have, because if you have it is hard to see how you have got hold of the wrong end of the stick with such determination
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #32 on: Jan 09, 2021, 10:33:56 AM »
My nephew walks 3 miles to get to my house as he does not drive. He enjoys the walk part of which is through a local park. Twice he has been stopped by police in the park who asked him (politely) where he was going and he said "Taking food to my elderly aunt who lives alone." The conversation did not go any further.

I am sure that a response of "Going to support my elderly father who was recently bereaved" would not require any further explanation as to exactly what he was going to do. It is one of those understood things that the occurrence of a death requires  arrangements to be made and relatives usually help out.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #33 on: Jan 09, 2021, 10:34:39 AM »
Totally agree
Mike

Cassandra

« Reply #34 on: Jan 09, 2021, 01:18:07 PM »
Can you not get it into your skull? THEY DID!!! Your comment that if they had not been illegally harassed then thousands would have flooded into the area is frankly quite ridiculous.
You seem to have forgotten that the function of the police is to apply the law and to act WITHIN the law - not make it up as they go along
BTW - have you actually read the two articles? It's hard to believe that you have, because if you have it is hard to see how you have got hold of the wrong end of the stick with such determination
Mike

For those that understand no explanation is necessary for those that can't, none is possible ...
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

« Reply #35 on: Jan 09, 2021, 01:25:30 PM »
Nicely put.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Clarence

« Reply #36 on: Jan 09, 2021, 01:50:42 PM »
If police ever stop me I shall tell them I am a burglar going about my unlawful business, after that they will lose interest.
Always start as you mean to begin.

crabbyob

« Reply #37 on: Jan 09, 2021, 01:52:25 PM »
or do your best Roma impression.. ;D ;D ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #38 on: Jan 09, 2021, 01:54:27 PM »
Tell them you are anything you can’t think of some correct thinking. Home and dried,m
Mike

Cassandra

« Reply #39 on: Jan 09, 2021, 02:03:18 PM »
If police ever stop me I shall tell them I am a burglar going about my unlawful business, after that they will lose interest.

I once had a infamous pickpocket (top drawer) served up before me for sentencing. His mitigation:                 

"honest as sure as I'm standing here, its all I knows your lordship guvnor like". "The Bill only nicks me cos I'm old and can't run like wot I used to, sees".

I sentenced him accordingly and advised perhaps he could get some form of disability benefit to offset this decline in his performance.

He retorted "ere your taking the [censored]!"
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #40 on: Jan 09, 2021, 02:06:56 PM »
😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

biglouis

« Reply #41 on: Jan 09, 2021, 10:59:15 PM »
Best excuse i ever heard for lateness from one of my staff:-

"The bell on the bus wouldn't ding" (took him past his stop and he had to walk back.)
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Hugh

« Reply #42 on: Jan 10, 2021, 09:07:39 AM »
Can you not get it into your skull?  

Matt Hancock on TV this morning backs the police giving those two ladies a fine. Driving from Leicestershire into Derbyshire for a cup of coffee just not staying local, and I for one agree with him.  

Michael Rolls

« Reply #43 on: Jan 10, 2021, 09:18:27 AM »
Then he's wrong - not for the first time. The advice from lawyers and the ACPO is that there is no limit (in England, different here) to distance travelled for exercise.
Don't forget - this is the man who couldn't even organise a PR photoshoot of vaccinations to his , and everyone else's embarrassment.
Oh, and you still haven't said if you regard a cup of coffee as a picnic! I did ask you specifically

Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #44 on: Jan 10, 2021, 09:21:18 AM »
Oh, and don't forget that Derbyshire Police are reviewing ALL the FPNs they have handed out - they realise that they have got at least some wrong, even if you and Handcock don't - and they are the ones most likely to know
Mike