Author Topic: Derbyshire police.  (Read 5744 times)

Michael Rolls

Re: Derbyshire police.
« Reply #45 on: Jan 10, 2021, 09:27:25 AM »
Don't want you to think I am opposed to the police taking appropriate action - I totally support it when we see idiots organising large gatherings, some the Home secretary specifically mentioned in her support for police generally - but didn't comment on any specific cases. What I don't support is the inappropriate action - which Derbyshire police themselves now seem to accept - as in the case of the two ladies we have been discussing
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

sparky

« Reply #46 on: Jan 10, 2021, 09:30:59 AM »
If they felt they  needed to travel 5 miles to a place that was less crowded, and safer to exercise than their own locality, then I don't see much wrong in that, if it had been 50 miles that would be a different, as for Hancock's opinion, that muppet has shown time and again, he could not organize a p**s up at a brewery.

Hugh

« Reply #47 on: Jan 10, 2021, 09:46:02 AM »
NOT STAYING LOCAL IS THE ISSUE and nothing else. Derbyshire authorities do not want people flooding over the border from Leicestershire to exercise.
Knowing the area I can understand the reason for the police action. The locals living there certainly do not want them coming and spreading the virus.

crabbyob

« Reply #48 on: Jan 10, 2021, 09:50:55 AM »
so can you also understand why so many police crowded round them ignoring social distancing
and I feel sure the Derbyshire shops are all very happy to see folk 'Flooding" over the border... but then I dont know the area...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Hugh

« Reply #49 on: Jan 10, 2021, 10:11:27 AM »
If there was a load of policemen crowding round not keeping a social distance, they should be find as well. The authorise have blundered not stating just what staying local means and the distances involved. This lockdown just plane crazy if we can all go off in our cars in indifferent directions to exercise.

sparky

« Reply #50 on: Jan 10, 2021, 10:22:21 AM »

NOT STAYING LOCAL IS THE ISSUE

How do you determine  what is local,  just another bit of confusing government jargon, for instance in our area, we are told not to leave the county, Gloucestershire. Newent is nearly 50 miles away, so that is local for me in their eyes, but if I pop to Chipping Norton about 8 miles, I am wrong.
Instead of stating a silly phrase like local, it should be stated as a distance as the German's have done, 15 Km in their case

crabbyob

« Reply #51 on: Jan 10, 2021, 10:24:30 AM »
Hugh, so how far might you measure exercise?
my grandson runs 15 miles a day as part of 'his' exercise regime, but dont use a car to do it
just how far do you walk Roxy every day?
and who gets to decide what is too far?
if you lived in the middle of a city, and drove five miles out into the country-side to walk, would that be unacceptable?
or if they told you that as you are over 80 100yards was as far as you were allowed, might you accept that?
we keep bringing up the Nazi's... well to me some of your dictates i.e. 'flooding over the border' smacks of dictates not suggestions
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Hugh

« Reply #52 on: Jan 10, 2021, 10:54:41 AM »
Crabbyob are you happy with over 1000 people dying of the virus every day ??? ???  and just what should the authorities do about it  ??? ??? ???

MY self I live on the edge of a forest and exercise Roxy at quiet times, and I saw no one at 0730 this morning.

Give every one their freedom it would not concern he at all, because I am keeping a safe distance from every one. Open up golf courses where I can exercise and its quite easy to keep a social distance. :) :)    

Michael Rolls

« Reply #53 on: Jan 10, 2021, 11:29:59 AM »
Crabbyob are you happy with over 1000 people dying of the virus every day ??? ???  and just what should the authorities do about it  ??? ??? ???

MY self I live on the edge of a forest and exercise Roxy at quiet times, and I saw no one at 0730 this morning.

Give every one their freedom it would not concern he at all, because I am keeping a safe distance from every one. Open up golf courses where I can exercise and its quite easy to keep a social distance. :) :)  
Hugh
You seem to be losing the plot entirely - that is a disgraceful comment and people exercising social distancing as these ladies clearly did are not contributing to those death by one iota.
What is local? Well, my nearest town is seven miles away and in normal times that is where I would do much of my shopping.
Mike
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #54 on: Jan 10, 2021, 11:49:40 AM »
I am not losing the plot at all Mike, you certainly are. The peak districts which as several large cities and towns near by, is a very dangerous area for the spread of the virus. We need for our safety, for people to stay as near to their homes as possible. No one should be using their cars to exercise. During the lockdown I will only use my car to shop for food or a vaccine when I get invited. You cannot compare where you live in Scotland to us living in the heart of the midlands.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #55 on: Jan 10, 2021, 12:17:17 PM »
Hugh
For pity's sake, please look at the affair with at least a modicum of common sense. If the overreaction of the police  had not made the news, who would have been influenced by the actions of the two ladies in question? Certainly not the 'thousands' you are going on about. Don't forget, the reason they went where they did was to find somewhere less crowded than nearer sites. How were they to know it would be crowded with police?
You make the point that the Peak District with the amount pf population nearby is a prime possibility for spreading the infection. I don't know the area, so will take your word for it. That, however, begs the question. The ladies in question did not go to a crowded area, they did not encourage others to join them, they maintained social distancing - they did everything right. In this particular instance, the police did just about everything wrong.
Two questions for you
1. Do you, or do you not, regard a cup of coffee as a picnic - not the first time I have asked. What's the problem - a simple yes or no will suffice
2. Are you going to apologise to Crabbyob for the disgraceful comment you made? To infer, as you plainly did, that he is happy see thousands dying, shocks me - I thought you better than that. Attempting to wrap it up as a question the way you did cuts no ice
Mike

Hugh

« Reply #56 on: Jan 10, 2021, 12:22:02 PM »
Good bye I have had enough of your nonsense Mike.

crabbyob

« Reply #57 on: Jan 10, 2021, 12:22:35 PM »
calm down chaps, it is all in the eye of the beholder
pardon me for winding you up Hugh  ;D
you are mostly right, but your point of view [in my opinion] is tainted, because like Mike you live in a lovely part of our country [yes Hugh Mike lives in OUR country]
you are lucky to live where you live, and fortunate to be able to play golf, when the barrier is raised i will dust my clubs off and allow you to drive me round your course.. ;D ;D ;D , perhaps i can share your handicap also... my golfing friend that i havent seen for almost two years [i was quite ill before i went to India last time] quiped to me last night that we practiced social distancing for years on the golf course, meeting eventually on the green... i also buy my fishing licence every year, but cant remember my last outing, so any angler in my area i would love a day on the bank too...lol... is this a begging letter, if so please send money..soon just in case...[/i]

sparky

« Reply #58 on: Jan 10, 2021, 12:45:18 PM »

also buy my fishing licence every year, but cant remember my last outing, so any angler in my area i would love a day on the bank too

.Angling trust say fishing is now permitted during lockdown, which has got right up the noses of golfers

klondike

« Reply #59 on: Jan 10, 2021, 12:56:28 PM »
Priti Patel got dragged in too saying she supports the police.

What they need to do if this is what they actually want is to write the law with it in as the current regulations clearly (and imo correctly) permit what was done. We are not supposed to be a police state but that is what we are close to getting.
So long and thanks for all the fish