Author Topic: Why won't people pay?.  (Read 1022 times)

brian54

Why won't people pay?.
« on: Jan 09, 2021, 11:00:15 PM »
People have been wanting a man to go for about 3 years now. He has agreed to go as long as his removal costs are paid. People have said they would pay their share when he has gone. He wants the money in advance.
To bring the problem to an end I have agreed to pay my share. I am just amazed nobody else will pay up.

Cassandra

Re: Why won't people pay?.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2021, 11:43:47 PM »
People have been wanting a man to go for about 3 years now. He has agreed to go as long as his removal costs are paid. People have said they would pay their share when he has gone. He wants the money in advance.
To bring the problem to an end I have agreed to pay my share. I am just amazed nobody else will pay up.

For gawd's sake Brian this thread will just become another boring 'word associative' exercise knocking other posts down the table!

cretinous  :)
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

biglouis

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2021, 01:51:58 AM »
foolish
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Alex22

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2021, 02:28:11 AM »
For gawd's sake Brian this thread will just become another boring 'word associative' exercise knocking other posts down the table!

cretinous  :)

Exactly ! The  "Why are people moaning " post from Brian turned into just that - another word game, so now we have 4 on the go !  all the same and as Cass says, knocking interesting posts down the page. 

klondike

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2021, 12:39:16 PM »
So report it and ask for either a title change or for it to be deleted entirely. While you are at it ask for this thread to be binned too.

I would myself but I have a bone in my leg.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Raven

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2021, 01:29:37 PM »
They could be moved to the proper section, they doesn't belong in G.D. IMO.

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2021, 02:44:47 PM »
So report it and ask for either a title change or for it to be deleted entirely. While you are at it ask for this thread to be binned too.

I would myself but I have a bone in my leg.

How do I go about that then Klondy ? there's no Admin button.

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2021, 03:27:46 PM »

How do I go about that then Klondy ? there's no Admin button.

Just use the 'report to moderator' button Alex..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2021, 04:06:22 PM »

Exactly ! The  "Why are people moaning " post from Brian turned into just that - another word game, so now we have 4 on the go !  all the same and as Cass says, knocking interesting posts down the page.

I think we all have to share the blame so as tempting as it is to make Brian's posts veer off to the cost of shopping or word association, maybe we should all not do it & leave his threads with no reply.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

zoony

« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2021, 04:13:59 PM »
I do that mate.. It makes no difference whatsoever.. ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Cassandra

« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2021, 04:46:13 PM »
Yes it seems some do believe he's real and indeed pass comment upon him and his various 'wind ups' and Bumper Fun Book repeats. He must rock his socks off reading them ;)
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Raven

« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2021, 04:55:45 PM »
I'd have no objection at all to Brian's posts, IF, they were in the right place. But this turning them into "Word Association Threads" in  "General Chat" is silly IMO and I refuse to add to them.
Maybe we could start a new section devoted to them ???  call it "Brian's Blethers" or something like that. After all some of them are really funny.

brian54

« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2021, 05:31:59 PM »
The way I see the situation is the house is worth about £550,000.00 and the general cost of moving house is about 10%of its value so that is £55,000.00.
People are saying a single man does not need a £550,000.00 house at 67 and  his assets are over £1,100,000.00 because he had a similar house before inheriting that one.
That may be the case but that money is for his enjoyment and not the people who want him to go.
Under the circumstances I will pay my share amounting to £55.00 which is only a tank full of petrol and the other 1,000 people can pay theirs.

klondike

« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2021, 07:46:51 PM »
I'd have no objection at all to Brian's posts, IF, they were in the right place. But this turning them into "Word Association Threads" in  "General Chat" is silly IMO and I refuse to add to them.
Maybe we could start a new section devoted to them ???  call it "Brian's Blethers" or something like that. After all some of them are really funny.
There is already a creative fiction section as I've already suggested several times - http://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php/board,26.0.html
I reply to the Brian word association thread quite often - mostly because I don't like others telling me what I should and shouldn't do.
I have tried ignoring them entirely but someone always replies so it makes no odds and I may as well amuse myself too.
So long and thanks for all the fish

GrannyMac

« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2021, 08:16:23 PM »
Oooh, I've had to add my two penn'orth now. I try not to respond, although like klondike I have asked the moderator for the numerous running club threads to be combined and moved to hobbies, not GD. Brian never notices, he just starts a new one in GD. 

Those of us who've been around a while have heard about this man before.  I think its Brian's not too subtle way of telling us all the houses where he lives, including his, are worth upwards of half a million. 🙄
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais