Author Topic: Covid double-standards  (Read 658 times)

digitalis

Covid double-standards
« on: Jan 10, 2021, 10:06:12 AM »
Ever worked on a lifeboat? On the larger lifeboats it appears 6 plus members work very closely together. Same is true of those Border Patrol boats: you,know,those who go out into the channel to taxi service in to GB those unwanted by Calais. Rule breaking? 6 plus from different families! Now pick up 10-30 untested Calais migrants,mix with crew...the stew makes a Covid soup that should have the BBC in apoplexy. Never mind. Fast forward to a greasy spoon somewhere in the south of England where 3 police cars are pictured with 6? officers in the 'spoon' a-gobblin down their full English.

??? ??? ??? ???

What is happening here?

Yet fines are being introduced and enforced by police officers and other officials for locals out to sit on park benches.

Can this be true. Or a MSM wind-up?

From a-top their high pulpits and (Lambeth?)palaces our mighty and well paid elite(in big houses with large gardens)espouse the bed-sit plebs to stay-in-their-homes(hutches,to you and me). Has their reasoning left them? Have you faith in them? I am wanting to believe in them,but the gossamer thread that is straining my credulity in their capability oftentimes is near breaking.

BBC news today was pumping out news that those who had or were to receive their jabs were going out 'partying' endangering their own lives and those of others. AFAIK these people are over 85! Does it really make sense? When can the BBC be cancelled?

Michael Rolls

Re: Covid double-standards
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2021, 11:36:53 AM »
not soon enough
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

digitalis

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2021, 12:20:02 PM »
Have recently tuned into my Eye on the Web. Here he reports on the 22 players all a-hugging and a kissing after games and goals on the pitch. No policing here(and the excuse is that they have bin tested for Covid before matches! Yes. I'm having tea with the Queen this afternoon!)

This eye reports on the shindigs the players are having at their palaces behind high walls wherein WAGS and wotever all gather together to shindig. No signs of police here! Yet for the common folk...police enforcement and fines.

Think it through. Firemen,ambulence staff,police officers in two by car: are these tested every shift. They would certainly travel and work close together. Yes,it could be said they have to. Still,I see discriminative practice in place based upon wealth,status,positions in authority.

One could overlook with some discretion some practices,but when the police take down and use draconian force on the ordinary law abiding citizen...but overlook others...you see the circle that cannot be squared. Of course,for those who gain by Nelson's Eye it all works well. But for the unfortunates,as in the past,Borstal becomes the answer. Sick,really.

Jacqueline

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2021, 12:25:23 PM »
Bloody football should be on total lockdown, permanently IMO. 

Cassandra

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2021, 01:38:15 PM »

Tolerance is such a virtue eh? ;D
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

digitalis

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2021, 06:22:29 PM »
The Good News? Daily Mail has been screaming out that the general public have been flouting the news. Have just seen their photos. Tis true: With the telescope shot camera it manages to catch people down Bournemouth way all but walking hand-in-hand together. With the same lens I can get the people walking on Dover seafront walking with those promenading on Calais seafront. Sells papers,I guess. Works up hysteria.

On the double standards: saw some of the live tv football match from the dressing room up north at 5pm: Marina. At least 11 players all a-mingling but 5 inches from one another. Any closer and it would have been a live sex act. "Nothing going on here,sir. Truble maker are you? Only acting out on orders,sir." A fine comes later. BBC commented that all players had been tested. My tea with the Queen went well this afternoon. She does take sugar!

When are the covid spreading schools going back to super spread? What's Private Pike up to?

The c0ock-up of Covid is all our fault! :'(  Nothing to do with government or their lack of leadership or interventions. :o
Happy to pass on the joke next time I see HM.

Cassandra

« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2021, 11:34:01 PM »
The Good News? Daily Mail has been screaming out that the general public have been flouting the news. Have just seen their photos. Tis true: With the telescope shot camera it manages to catch people down Bournemouth way all but walking hand-in-hand together. With the same lens I can get the people walking on Dover seafront walking with those promenading on Calais seafront. Sells papers,I guess. Works up hysteria.
On the double standards: saw some of the live tv football match from the dressing room up north at 5pm: Marina. At least 11 players all a-mingling but 5 inches from one another. Any closer and it would have been a live sex act. "Nothing going on here,sir. Truble maker are you? Only acting out on orders,sir." A fine comes later. BBC commented that all players had been tested. My tea with the Queen went well this afternoon. She does take sugar!

When are the covid spreading schools going back to super spread? What's Private Pike up to?

The c0ock-up of Covid is all our fault! :'(  Nothing to do with government or their lack of leadership or interventions. :o
Happy to pass on the joke next time I see HM.

During the BBC coverage of the match you refer to earlier today, it was said that the Chairman or Marine FC was "very relieved when all his squad tested negative a few days before the match". Fuller detail about the way this is being 'policed' is available here;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55476257

Perhaps our health officials should ban everything that requires entry to the outdoors except for one shopping trip a week, where ration coupons are issued via 'seven day digital passports' from the Home Office per capita until June the 30th minimum. 'Plod' and extra volunteer plods could check them online via their super Govt issue 'Smartphones' similar to the way airport entry instructions were issued back in 'Lockdown 2'. We could all then queue for miles in hopefully improving weather until our code number is validated by 'jobsworth' invigilators at Supermarket entrances. Foodbanks should be closed until further notice. All our shops, pubs, anything remotely relating to enjoyment nailed up tight shut and secure. Filling stations shut, garages and MOT testers likewise, as no cars are allowed to be driven anywhere for whatever reason. Couriers etc only allowed to operate outside their vans breathing via oxygen bottles.

Maybe the army could be mobilised to deliver food orders to homes where anyone is aged 60 or over, and without a smartphone, or on a priority listing. Trouble with that one is there's likely not even 80,000 military personnel in total left now in the army including at least 3,000 generals etc. as most of its been sold on Ebay over the years.

The truth is we don't have enough of the Vaccine and no-one wants to admit it, so these draconian measures will only increase as the death rate for Covid ramps up within the realms of its 'closed' detail. If it is our age group etc falling then publish the figures regionally by Age group, Ethnicity, and a table of Pre-existing conditions, such as COPD, Terminal cancer, Pneumonic complications etc - 6 or so definitive fields should do? That way wood from trees can be seen? Such indices do exist, it's just that the 'Project Fear' civil servant mandarins perhaps don't want them circulated lest the control they've dreamt of for years is diminished.

My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2021, 11:58:31 PM »
That’s really cheered me up!
Mike 😢😢
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

digitalis

« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2021, 07:47:37 AM »
In many respects  I come from a privileged position. Not as good as some. Better than others.

I really do respect and adhere to all government edicts over this virus,probably even more.

On my forays out(not many,and not far),I really havent seen any people misbehaving or infringing any rules. I guess there must be some,some young,some idiots,dome indifferent. What I do see are some major big-wigs escaping these rules,tho again their numbers might be small.

Personally,I think the schools return was a covid breeding factory...and which Dr John Cambell has come to verablize(better less boot-boy blunt than myself)

As to what to do with all the under 18s that have been gathered to group to spread the virus and take it home to families friends and so on...well,to £200,000k with my wife employed as secretary...I am happy to take on the challenge. At the moment I want corporal Pike court marshalled :)

klondike

« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:29:49 AM »
I don't know if those passing my house on foot or by car are breaking any rules or not but there certainly seem to be a lot more of them that there were in Lockdown1 and I don't think it's the pleasant weather encouraging it. Many seem to have decided that enough is enough and probably rightly decided that either they are at no risk or even that the restrictions make their lives so unpleasant that they'll take a chance.
So long and thanks for all the fish

digitalis

« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2021, 11:19:26 AM »
As the story goes,No news,make news! No news makes no selling of papers. If the grass is always green no newsapers needed: collect your P45 as you pass thru the door.

I do see more cars about...and some people in parks walking. But my guess is that theyre all from the same family...even maybe a bubble. Self employed(tho I am not),out with the telephoto...I capture 30 people all looking as like theyre on top of one another. As the shutter closes I earn another £300,job dun!

I now see HMG contemplating people wearing masks at work. Hello! Why hasnt this been considered 8 months ago? From what I read and intimate,the British public have been streets ahead of the government response from way-back-when. The regulars down the olde Tap-and-Tumbler pub(when it was open)have as ready and valid views as any at Westminster.

There's 50 million brains out there with additional computers computing with the dross that sometimes comes via Westminster. I dont find Joe Public that dumb at all. Just as with Brexit the chumps down at Westminster all too often get things wrong. Not all the time. But often enough to worry

biglouis

« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2021, 09:29:15 AM »
I found this poem on the creative writing thread for several years ago. Seems very apt:-

21st Century Democracy - Gadzy

The democratic theory is, like many things, ideal,
Allowing folk to vote on issues that they strongly feel
Need to be brought into the public view, put to the vote,
Informing politicians so that they can then take note
Of all grassroots concerns that their constituents espouse,
And they can act on their behalf when sitting in the House.

The theory's fine, but party politicians always see
That the system is controlled by local, zealous devotees,
Totally dedicated, loyal to the party cause,
Ensuring that the candidate elected always toes
The party line, obeys the whips and never disagrees,
Committed to perpetuating party policies.

The upshot of this partisan commitment is quite plain,
The proper business of the house is squandered yet again.
As party politics takes hold, they count the points they've scored,
While issues of importance are conveniently ignored,
So they can ensure that they're safe again for their selection
By voters with short memories at a General Election.

And so the country slides into a pit of dark despair,
While elected representatives, completely unaware
And unconcerned by ordinary people's wants or needs,
Continue their incompetent, self-seeking, sordid deeds,
Feathering their nests, and making sure it comes to pass,
That when promotion looms, they'll be up there, as bold as brass!

It seems, in this democracy, we won't find our salvation
Until the answer's found for the wit and participation
Of all the British public; the electorate at large,
To see that our democracy is not again in charge
Of a small clique of useless non-achievers once again,
And end professional politician's evil, awful reign.

So would compulsory voting be the answer to our prayer?
If all were to be forced to say which candidate that they preferred,
Would that now stop selection of the children, kin and spouses
Of Ministers and Members claiming for their second houses?
We're down on a collision course, accelerating faster,
As long as this remains unchanged, we're heading for disaster!
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Akbuk

« Reply #12 on: Jan 15, 2021, 12:03:57 AM »
How words change.

It’s now the UK variant, the Brazil variant, the South African variant. Where did these words go, “the Chinese virus”?

There was outrage when Trump called it that but seems the media are now quite happy to label other countries like they’re solely to blame for variants.
For whatever faults Trump had, he constantly named and shamed China over this & quite rightly so IMO.
I’m a real he/him.

klondike

« Reply #13 on: Jan 15, 2021, 08:56:44 AM »
In truth of course they are the places that first identified each variant and they only even get a name if there is something of significance about them such as becoming the prominent strain for a while. The press love it as it is something else to produce scare stories which garner clicks and if very prominent may even sell a paper or two.
So long and thanks for all the fish

GrannyMac

« Reply #14 on: Jan 15, 2021, 09:51:37 AM »
Yes, I know this is from the Guardian, but it fits under the 'double standards' heading.  https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/15/migrant-healthcare-workers-on-covid-frontline-angry-about-deportation-risk

If we can't recruit enough healthcare professionals from our own 'wonderfully skilled, just waiting for a chance, unemployed', surely we need to keep the ones who are doing the necessary frontline work?   The number of vacancies in the NHS suggests that until we can provide enough training places for all sorts of clinical staff, we need to employ foreign nationals.

I wonder if I'd be risking my health for such an insecure future?  France have got it right for once IMO.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais