Author Topic: Why are social workers key workers?.  (Read 1259 times)

brian54

Why are social workers key workers?.
« on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:48:34 AM »
I found them most unhelpful as they tried to get me to sell the house I jointly owned with my father. As it happened he died when he was leaving hospital after he was granted NHS funding when he was deemed to be dangerous.
They have also tried to get the offspring to sell their property to pay care fees saying it is too big for their needs eg 1 person living in a 5 bedroom house.

Michael Rolls

Re: Why are social workers key workers?.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2021, 07:03:55 AM »
Somehow this seems familiar
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Diasi

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2021, 07:37:07 AM »
Somehow this seems familiar
Mike

But all credit to Brian for his ingenious use of thread titles that seem to be different but link straight back to a subject he's posted about numerous times before.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2021, 07:41:08 AM »
Can't be easy!
Mike

GrannyMac

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2021, 08:03:20 AM »
But all credit to Brian for his ingenious use of thread titles that seem to be different but link straight back to a subject he's posted about numerous times before.

Very true. 😉

I'm happy that at least some social workers are key workers.  Lockdown isn't helping some children, and Children & Families intervention is important.  The ones in Adult services who Brian used to refer to often (he must have been involved in every similar case in Brum) will probably still be supporting older people.

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Scrumpy

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:01:27 AM »

I'm going to ignore this thread..
I will no longer talk about 'offers' at the Co-op.. I will leave you all to 'search' for yourself..
 No more Bailey's for you Alex..!!
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

brian54

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:03:48 AM »
All I can say is they did not support myself and my father at all. I was over 60 at the time and they were only interested in getting our house sold to pay the fees.
They even said my father was dangerous and they could let him out and I would be held responsible for any damage he does.
I had a right to stay in the house as I was a relative over 60 and I half owned that house. The mental health nurse got him funded in the end  but sadly Dad never got to the care home.

Scrumpy

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:12:21 AM »

just one thing..
Diasi... Did you shift that bed..?
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Marshal

« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:12:40 AM »
All I can say is they did not support myself and my father at all. I was over 60 at the time and they were only interested in getting our house sold to pay the fees.
They even said my father was dangerous and they could let him out and I would be held responsible for any damage he does.
I had a right to stay in the house as I was a relative over 60 and I half owned that house. The mental health nurse got him funded in the end  but sadly Dad never got to the care home.
Sounds like you've had a really bad experience with social workers Brian, but they do cover a huge range of needs and are very important in, for instance, the monitoring of what's going on in care homes right now. I know there are many instances of care workers failing and that's something that needs addressing at a government level, but I don't think it stops them having key worker status. 

klondike

« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:37:55 AM »
Enough replies now not to matter but if everybody refrained from adding a reply to this repeated garbage it would sink down the list and so others would not be tricked into reading it too.

That said it does give me an opportunity to goe into repeat mode myself.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2021, 11:38:24 AM »
well, at least it has enabled me to see that adorable cat again!
Mike

crabbyob

« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2021, 11:58:06 AM »
real life ones are better Mike... ;D
and also very comforting, more so than a dog
why not try one
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Michael Rolls

« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2021, 02:01:06 PM »
No. after losing Fleur, I could not stand that again, and seeing her puzzled, and I am sure, upset reaction when we lost Veronica, I would not want to impose that in another doggie, no matter how endearing - just not fair. Fleur made me realise (I was a cat person before) just how complex is the interaction between her/his family. I will never, ever forget Fleur's clear disappointment when she waited for Veronica to emerge from the passenger door of the car and it didn't happen. It took ages for our little dog to accept it. Broke my heart
Mike

em

« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2021, 02:14:01 PM »
Keep repeating Sleepy Cat,Klondike.I never tire of him.Thanks.

Diasi

« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2021, 02:22:35 PM »

just one thing..
Diasi... Did you shift that bed..?

Most of it, I can't manage the headboard or the mattress on my own.

My son is coming to help me tonight.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)