Author Topic: Is vaccination going to work?  (Read 865 times)

Traveller

Is vaccination going to work?
« on: Jan 11, 2021, 07:51:12 AM »
The papers are full of gloom and misery again today - especially for Scotland.  Apparently we are falling behind the rest of the world with vaccination while the SNP is giving priority to elections and another independence referendum  over Covid.

Yet another 'expert' has crawled out of the woodwork to suggest that the current lockdown will ave to last at least 3 months and even then there will be a need for travel and other restrictions over the summer  to prevent another spike next winter.

Why, is this expert suggesting that vaccination won't work and we're stuck with a permanent pandemic?
I don't know why we bother to get up these days.
You'll have had your tea.

Michael Rolls

Re: Is vaccination going to work?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2021, 08:55:31 AM »
I presume he is looking at the current rate of vaccination and extrapolating - hopefully, as inaccurate a method as we have seen time and again to date, and that the pace of vaccinating people will accelerate.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:07:36 AM »

There are many EXPERTS out there .. There are many who like to spread doom and gloom..
 If we took notice of them many of us would just curl up in the corner and die..

Hey Traveller... You have spent time with your daughter and all is well.. You have cooking skills that I admire and grow fresh veg.. The snow will melt.. the buds will bloom and the sun will shine.. THAT IS TRUE...  Hang in there..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Traveller

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:44:45 AM »
You're right Scrumpy.  The snow has melted, but has been replaced by heavy rain!  Not sure what is worse.
It's even a bit wet to go down the garden - I expect that the friendly robin has found somewhere to shelter.

The postman has just delivered another circular from the NHS explaining the vaccination programme.  It's exactly the same as the one he delivered last week, so just a waste of time and money.  Mrs.T thought it might be one for each of us, but it's not addressed to anyone - just a plain envelope and one through every letterbox.

The brightest spot on the horizon is that it's pension day.   I do wish they would pay it monthly rather than every 4 weeks.  It isn't a problem, but I just like to keep an eye on things.  Hey ho, I'll put on my waterproofs and bring in some logs for the fire.
You'll have had your tea.

Flying bomb

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2021, 10:11:29 AM »
Just imagine how we would have coped
 if it had taken years to develop a vaccine !

Thank you science.
If the Buck stops here how can the Doe go all the way ?

Albert.

Scrumpy

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2021, 11:11:23 AM »

Flying bomb.. You have hit the nail on the head..
  Impossible to imagine.. There would be raping and pillaging, no Tesco slots and toilet rolls would be for the royals only..

Thank you science.
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

biglouis

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2021, 11:14:47 AM »
Funny how they managed through Spanish flu when there were no Tesco slots, lockdowns, or face masks and social distancing. A lot of people died - and the rest just got on with it and went about their business.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

crabbyob

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2021, 12:02:46 PM »
which is what we should all be doing now
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Hugh

« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2021, 12:12:39 PM »
which is what we should all be doing now

And they would save a lot of money on pension payments ::) ::) ::)

No letter yet for my vaccine and I am classed as very vulnerable.

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2021, 01:13:27 PM »

Well my wife, who won't be claiming her State Pension, has saved the country a few quid.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

crabbyob

« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2021, 01:28:50 PM »

No letter yet for my vaccine and I am classed as very vulnerable.
as vulnerable as a rotweiller... ;D
mind you mike speaks very highly of you... i suppose i should really post my trply in the joke section

we are of course joking Hugh, i rarely agree with you but that certainly dont mean your wrong
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Hugh

« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2021, 04:21:59 PM »
If I do not agree I will say so, Mike and I are Ok now. Those two ladies are quite beautiful so I could imagine an hot blooded man wanting to get up close ;D ;D ;D ;D  two coppers to each car that must be a crowd.

Yes no knee replacement or bone marrow check for me they say, to dangerous. 

crabbyob

« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2021, 04:33:20 PM »
i walked into the blood test place in the hospital took a ticket but didnt sit down as there was no-one else there, she took my blood an i was gone, from entering the hospital gates to leaving was under ten mins, likely five, then morrisons spent under thirty quid, so splashed out on two lucky dips in the euro draw..

Michael Rolls

« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2021, 04:53:56 PM »
When I had my flu jab I was in and out of the surgery in just a few minutes, never anywhere near anyone other than Suzanne, the nurse who gave me the jab - hopefully this will be as well organised
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

klondike

« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2021, 05:10:01 PM »
I chose the chemist for my flu jab but it seems that option won't be available for this one.
So long and thanks for all the fish