Author Topic: covid conspiracy  (Read 406 times)

Michael Rolls

covid conspiracy
« on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:03:59 AM »
I find this incredible and truly worrying that people can be so stupid. Apparently, people have been walking round hospitals, filming an empty corridor and posting the result on social media to 'prove' that hospitals are not stretched, that some are standing empty, and it is all a government conspiracy to control the population.
The mind boggles! Only in the direst circumstances are patients treated in corridors - it has happened from time to time, and may well happen again, but empty corridors do not mean empty hospitals. Even in the busiest large establishment it is possible to find a corridor that, momentarily, is bereft of traffic - which proves absolutely nothing about the level of activity in that establishment regardless of type.
I am at a loss to understand the thought processes - if one can dignify what is being done with such a phrase - what is their point? They might as well film the night sky to 'prove' the sun will never rise again!
Mike

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

Re: covid conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2021, 12:07:20 PM »
the fact that most 'day clinics' are cancelled might give your local hospital a deserted look
i will be going to my local for a blood test in the next couple of days, and will report..
but i wont be near any wards, just the only surviving day clinic, the vampire section [shouldnt it be a night clinic]
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

zoony

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2021, 12:28:22 PM »
  It seems old-age is no guarantee of honesty..The latest scam involves the certificates of inoculation given to the over-eighties after being given the jab. They're finding their way onto eBay apparently.. Just sayin'..
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Diasi

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2021, 12:40:51 PM »
It's on the same level as juggling statistics to try & prove that lockdown isn't necessary.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Scrumpy

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2021, 12:48:03 PM »

There is none as blind as them who can not see..
Our local hospital is full and ambulances queue outside..
Many locals work there and talk of the problems.. Surely they can't all be liars.. !!!

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Diasi

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2021, 12:59:21 PM »

There is none as blind as them who can not see..
Our local hospital is full and ambulances queue outside..
Many locals work there and talk of the problems.. Surely they can't all be liars.. !!!

I'm sure that Lockdownsceptics.org could juggle some statistics to prove that they are.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

crabbyob

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2021, 01:06:38 PM »
its the Nelson syndrome
looking thru the blind eye
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

klondike

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2021, 04:44:26 PM »
I'm sure that Lockdownsceptics.org could juggle some statistics to prove that they are.
I doubt it. What they would point out is that the NHS winter crisis is an annual event and almost a year of lockdown doesn't seem to have averted this one.

It's clear that lockdowns do not have the desired effect and it's time to reconsider the alternative approach outlined by thousands of scientists months ago - https://gbdeclaration.org/

It is a fact that the vast majority of fatalities are of the old and vulnerable. It would make sense to spend money on protecting those people and let those at minimal risk - a total of 19 under 40s and 121 under 60s with no known previous morbidities have died over the entire UK epidemic. I suspect that significantly more have died or will die as a result of the lockdown than have succumbed to Covid.
So long and thanks for all the fish