Author Topic: Sir John Bell  (Read 1268 times)

digitalis

Sir John Bell
« on: Jan 11, 2021, 12:00:15 PM »
Wottaman!

Wottabrain!

Compare and contrast with our leaders and adminstrators....then weep.

DOMINIC LAWSON: I fear our lions on the front line are led by donkeys   | Daily Mail Online

Scrumpy

Re: Sir John Bell
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2021, 12:57:39 PM »

Such a c*ck up.. Why can't pharmacist also be giving the vaccine jabs !!.. They give the flu jabs without any problems..
It certainly makes one wonder if we have enough vaccine out there..
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Scrumpy

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2021, 01:02:19 PM »

I heard on breakfast news that the Queen got her jab today.. as did Joan Collins..!!  :)  nice..

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

Cassandra

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2021, 01:29:04 PM »

Such a c*ck up.. Why can't pharmacist also be giving the vaccine jabs !!.. They give the flu jabs without any problems..
It certainly makes one wonder if we have enough vaccine out there..

• There's a real shortage of all vaccine's, to which the Gov't in in denial.

• We can't distribute the Pfizer alternative easily because of its logistical limitations.

• We have far too many people in this country now to provide for. The lack of investment to maintain the bourgeoning population, is now reflecting real time in limitations and systemic break-down of resources.

• As has been shown in other fields of National endeavour, we are very poor with organisation, distributive services and planning.

• There are far too many 'Quango's', devolvements etc in the line of action nowadays to allow clarity for remedial collective National action

• This is an intrinsically weak government intellectually, with too many talkers and not enough do-ers.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2021, 01:39:02 PM »
Agree with every word
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Cassandra

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2021, 01:42:29 PM »
Agree with every word
Mike

Can you imagine the debate to 'Scramble' a squadron of Spitfires today, not that we'd have any in the first place!
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2021, 01:45:19 PM »
Well, we might have had a few Sopwith Camels still to hand
Mike

Jacqueline

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2021, 02:15:18 PM »
100% right Cassandra.  Why don't our politicians not think like you?

Number one for me is too many people on this small island.  We do not have the resources, housing, healthcare, jobs, school places etc.  This  summer really brought it home to me, previously quite places that you almost had to yourself were packed with people.  We usually go on our travels in September/October but that was busier than July and August used to be.  I have been banging on about population for years, nobody listens, why on earth do we need most of these immigrants black or white, we are full to the rafters now.  Surely we can retrain the existing population to do jobs we are importing people to do, it's a damned poor show if we can't.

Distributing the vaccine to everyone will be a logistical nightmare, that is if there is enough to go round.  I am sure some of the third world countries could show us a thing or two these days.

As for our politicians, what qualifications do they actually have to govern? most people I know vote for the party that can inflict the least damage, really don't agree with most of the manifesto (if they even know what it contains) and know nothing of the person they give their vote to.  We are desperate for some real leadership and ideas.

crabbyob

« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2021, 03:29:59 PM »
but on the bright side we are culling 1000 every day...and if they are maily coffin dadgers look at the pension money being saved... ;D :o :o :o ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

klondike

« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2021, 04:49:24 PM »
No IF about that.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2021, 01:06:54 PM »
Well, we might have had a few Sopwith Camels still to hand
Mike
every now, I fall to thinking how we might have fared had any of those in power  over the  last 60 years- Maggie excepted  - would have succeeded in 1940. how is your German?
mike

crabbyob

« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2021, 01:15:58 PM »
why Maggie excepted Mike
do you think her handling of 'the General Belgrano' was acceptable
or her dealings with our special friends across the pond who told her to swivel when she asked if our aircraft might refuel there???? even tho they had airbases in our country????
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

GrannyMac

« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2021, 01:34:19 PM »
100% right Cassandra.  Why don't our politicians not think like you?

Number one for me is too many people on this small island.  We do not have the resources, housing, healthcare, jobs, school places etc.  This  summer really brought it home to me, previously quite places that you almost had to yourself were packed with people.  We usually go on our travels in September/October but that was busier than July and August used to be.  I have been banging on about population for years, nobody listens, why on earth do we need most of these immigrants black or white, we are full to the rafters now.  Surely we can retrain the existing population to do jobs we are importing people to do, it's a damned poor show if we can't.

The new points based immigration system came into being on Jan 1st this year.  I'd hope retraining is possible, it needs not just the will of employers, but also the ability and willingness of the unemployed to move into areas of work where there are vacancies.   
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Jacqueline

« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2021, 06:33:32 PM »

The new points based immigration system came into being on Jan 1st this year.  I'd hope retraining is possible, it needs not just the will of employers, but also the ability and willingness of the unemployed to move into areas of work where there are vacancies.

You need a worthwhile reasonably paid job to move for work, we did it many years ago, but I doubt if you could afford to do so on minimum wage.  I am sure there are many people who if they could be retained and it was worth their while to do so would move to other areas, provided they could afford housing. Just moving to the next county sometimes can cost you like for like an extra £200,000.

It's a start the Points Based system, I would like to know a bit more about it.  A while ago an Indian chap was going on about how he was finding it difficult to get a Curry Chef for his restaurant over from India, I don' think so, there must be thousands of them in this country already.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2021, 08:27:07 PM »
why Maggie excepted Mike
do you think her handling of 'the General Belgrano' was acceptable
or her dealings with our special friends across the pond who told her to swivel when she asked if our aircraft might refuel there? ??? even tho they had airbases in our country? ???
Sinking the Belgrano. Absolutely justified. American ambivalence an echo of 1939,
Mike