Author Topic: Sir John Bell  (Read 1272 times)

Cassandra

Re: Sir John Bell
« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2021, 09:52:59 PM »
Sinking the Belgrano. Absolutely justified. American ambivalence an echo of 1939,
Mike

Yes agreed and they did start it, a good and honest updated account appears here;

http://www.mikekemble.uk/misc/belgrano.html

Still like the futility of all war a terribly sad thing for those young sailors governed by a madman. After all, would Churchill have relented on the 'Bismark's' eradication in 1941 just because it was going home? Of course not, war is total and must be prosecuted effectively.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

crabbyob

« Reply #16 on: Jan 12, 2021, 09:58:32 PM »
your opinion wont alter the fact that the bitch was a witch...and will be learning how to use a shovel about now.. ;D
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Cassandra

« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2021, 10:50:22 PM »
your opinion wont alter the fact that the bitch was a witch...and will be learning how to use a shovel about now.. ;D

I believe you are reasoning by analogy, classified by objects and phenomenon according to superficial observation rather than empirical evidence. :D Lovely lady

My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

crabbyob

« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2021, 10:29:30 AM »
i think i agree....lovely as Catherine the great
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

GrannyMac

« Reply #19 on: Jan 13, 2021, 12:50:07 PM »

You need a worthwhile reasonably paid job to move for work, we did it many years ago, but I doubt if you could afford to do so on minimum wage.  I am sure there are many people who if they could be retained and it was worth their while to do so would move to other areas, provided they could afford housing. Just moving to the next county sometimes can cost you like for like an extra £200,000.

It's a start the Points Based system, I would like to know a bit more about it.  A while ago an Indian chap was going on about how he was finding it difficult to get a Curry Chef for his restaurant over from India, I don' think so, there must be thousands of them in this country already.

I meant change the type of work, not necessarily move away, and certainly not unless it was worth it.

TBH I don't think the Points Based system is much different to what was in place before, its just a different name for making sure visa entrants meet the laid down criteria. The biggest change will be the stoppage of free movement from (and to) the EU.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Diasi

« Reply #20 on: Jan 13, 2021, 12:54:49 PM »
Can you imagine the debate to 'Scramble' a squadron of Spitfires today, not that we'd have any in the first place!

Well Google has let me down as it couldn't fulfil my search request for a 'Spitfire Scramble' risk assessment.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

crabbyob

« Reply #21 on: Jan 13, 2021, 04:15:10 PM »
granny if it stops the roma gimmigrants then its worth it...

xetog

« Reply #22 on: Jan 13, 2021, 05:54:29 PM »
What makes you think it will stop anyone crabbyob?  The age old sore of free entry from the Irish Republic has not been stopped.  When we left the EU the immigration policy should have been applied  universally.  There are ferries running between France and southern Irish ports where no checks will be required and then it's just pop on anther ferry to Fishguard or somewhere similar and you are in, undetected and un-returnable.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

GrannyMac

« Reply #23 on: Jan 13, 2021, 11:43:36 PM »
granny if it stops the roma gimmigrants then its worth it...

You're not wrong there. In a certain area not far away SYP have taken over a house as a base because of the issues with that particular group. 
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Jacqueline

« Reply #24 on: Jan 14, 2021, 12:48:58 AM »

You're not wrong there. In a certain area not far away SYP have taken over a house as a base because of the issues with that particular group.

They left Eastern Europe and  came here, crime rates over there went down as soon as they left.  They are nothing to do with us,  but we are now lumbered with them as they have the right to stay.  The EU and Tony Blair did this country some irreversible harm.

xetog

« Reply #25 on: Jan 14, 2021, 08:59:10 AM »
Then they did exactly what they intended.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.