Author Topic: Statistics about non provision in the NHS  (Read 455 times)

klondike

Re: Statistics about non provision in the NHS
« Reply #30 on: Jan 13, 2021, 02:55:13 PM »
I don't understand :-\   Why are there people waiting in line? Up here your given an appointment like you were Cass, and only people with appointments are seen. ???

Already partly explained. Who they actually were and how they knew isn't overly clear to me though. Perhaps I need to re-read.

They had been advised that after the 'bookings' were dealt with, the staff would stay on for free to dispense whats left of today's supply for essential workers etc as it won't keep overnight, needing to be stored of course at - 70 ℃.

crabbyob

« Reply #31 on: Jan 13, 2021, 03:51:11 PM »
The UK population in 1974 was 56.23 million. In 2020 it was 67.87 million – and it is still rising.

easy solution, stop folk from having sex..;D ;D ;D
every hill has a down side, even Benny Hill

Diasi

« Reply #32 on: Jan 13, 2021, 03:59:45 PM »
The UK population in 1974 was 56.23 million. In 2020 it was 67.87 million and it is still rising.

easy solution, stop folk from having sex.. ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, especially those who procreate all the gimmigrants.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

crabbyob

« Reply #33 on: Jan 13, 2021, 04:09:57 PM »
who can forget the ladies holding up the placards welcoming the gimmigrants... say no more

Raven

« Reply #34 on: Jan 13, 2021, 04:18:39 PM »
who can forget the ladies holding up the placards welcoming the gimmigrants... say no more

Not me, I'm one of those awful people who think we shouldn't be welcoming them. Never wanted them here, never will. And I won't apologise for feeling that way.  :(

klondike

« Reply #35 on: Jan 13, 2021, 04:19:10 PM »
easy solution, stop folk from having sex.. ;D ;D ;D
I think you'll find that is a far from easy solution.

There is another problem with it too. Improving medicine keeps people alive long beyond the time when they can work or sometimes beyond the time when they are capable of even looking after themselves.

A low birthrate means there are insufficient of working age to provide the money to support the ageing population and the cost of that support will probably drain the resources of all  but the  very rich indeed for those who have to fund it themselves. Then you find that the large numbers of working young who were able to subsidise the care of the elderly start to need support themselves.

Currently governments seem to be trying to overcome the problem of a birthrate insufficient to support the elderly by importing labour from poorer countries but that has the same problem as rolling your own in that they will need care themselves sometime.

None of the solutions to that ever escalating population are either easy or pleasant.

Probably the best is to force people to save sufficiently to fund their dotage themselves but that means a probably big drop in current standard of living and will be resisted plus some are incapable of it anyway.

As the problem is actually caused by survival beyond the point where the lifetime accumulated wealth can fund necessary support what government is going to dare introduce euthanasia for lack of finance?

Best to pretend there is no problem and kick the issue into the long grass. At least that seems to be the solution of choice for all governments so far.

Jacqueline

« Reply #36 on: Jan 13, 2021, 04:37:43 PM »

Not me, I'm one of those awful people who think we shouldn't be welcoming them. Never wanted them here, never will. And I won't apologise for feeling that way.  :(

I am one of those wicked people too.

Whats worse than the gimmiegrant "refugees" of Penally is the dogooders who turn up to take them out and raise money for musical instriments computers, bikes etc. believe all their sob stories and say what nice people they are. 

Nice people don' t move through every country in Europe, all safe, jump into a dingy illegally to come to soft touch Britian, they have done their research they know what they can get, thus the protests when they are put into accommodation that dosen't meet their exacting high standards.
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2021, 04:48:27 PM by Jacqueline »

GrannyMac

« Reply #37 on: Jan 13, 2021, 05:04:04 PM »
I think you'll find that is a far from easy solution.

There is another problem with it too. Improving medicine keeps people alive long beyond the time when they can work or sometimes beyond the time when they are capable of even looking after themselves.

A low birthrate means there are insufficient of working age to provide the money to support the ageing population and the cost of that support will probably drain the resources of all  but the  very rich indeed for those who have to fund it themselves. Then you find that the large numbers of working young who were able to subsidise the care of the elderly start to need support themselves.

Currently governments seem to be trying to overcome the problem of a birthrate insufficient to support the elderly by importing labour from poorer countries but that has the same problem as rolling your own in that they will need care themselves sometime.

None of the solutions to that ever escalating population are either easy or pleasant.

Probably the best is to force people to save sufficiently to fund their dotage themselves but that means a probably big drop in current standard of living and will be resisted plus some are incapable of it anyway.

As the problem is actually caused by survival beyond the point where the lifetime accumulated wealth can fund necessary support what government is going to dare introduce euthanasia for lack of finance?

Best to pretend there is no problem and kick the issue into the long grass. At least that seems to be the solution of choice for all governments so far.

klondike, stop telling it like it is! 🙄  I also see part of the issue being a hangover from the Blair/Brown years in government when benefits were much higher, no cap on rent allowances etc.  It took away so many incentives to work. 

I've lived and worked in areas where benefits are the norm, where single parenthood is standard and used as a reason why the mothers can't work. Its also been trotted out as a main reason for food poverty at the moment.  Why are we so lenient with regard to parental responsibility?

Many wages are too low, social care is an example, but we have immigrant workers in well paid jobs too.  As an example, qualified nurses aren't on minimum wage.

klondike

« Reply #38 on: Jan 13, 2021, 05:09:49 PM »
klondike, stop telling it like it is! 🙄
I debated with myself after writing that whether or not to press post. Then I though sod it why not.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #39 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:01:14 PM »
Why not indeed!
Mike
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #40 on: Jan 13, 2021, 06:03:47 PM »
There are clearly many who resent the older generation having priority as one obdurate opportunist was loudly exclaiming to his audience around him. Social distancing at this point partly collapsed.

At least the larger vaccination centers are under the command of the army who are probably needed in situations like this. The one in Manchester is the other side of the city from where I live.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

crabbyob

« Reply #41 on: Jan 14, 2021, 06:01:23 PM »
they will come to you BL
 but the fact you are house-bound by choice
means your risk is 'perhaps' lowered

biglouis

« Reply #42 on: Jan 14, 2021, 10:03:30 PM »
I get the top rate of DLA which means I am classified as "unable or virtually unable to walk"
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Cassandra

« Reply #43 on: Jan 14, 2021, 11:06:53 PM »
Already partly explained. Who they actually were and how they knew isn't overly clear to me though. Perhaps I need to re-read.

Apparently announced to a crowd that just hang around a center once 'news' that it's dispensing is spread. Individuals had to prove in some way why they were worthy, carers etc etc. Most assume 'left overs' may be available just by being there I presume? The force of the Smartphone no doubt enables this phenomenon to assemble, as it does with other crowd staging. Perhaps had the less volatile Astrozenika strain been in use there would indeed be no need to dissipate whats left each day. A difficult moral decision for authorities to decide? In some cases like my experience, resulting in resentment towards older patients merely responding to a timed appointment, from those queuing on unofficial stand by?

zoony

« Reply #44 on: Jan 14, 2021, 11:24:04 PM »
It's proper dystopian stuff with Vax flash-mobs strategically planning their next foray against authority.. Not hard to imagine that somebody's gonna get hurt..