Author Topic: Vaccine Wait  (Read 1292 times)

Diasi

Re: Vaccine Wait
« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 2021, 01:47:58 PM »
Phil
Clearly your choice. How do you think Julie would Jew things? I must admit that I do wonder how Veronica would have felt about me ending things prematurely
Mike

There's s difference between ending things prematurely as opposed to not prolonging things.

As for my wife, she'll understand & support whatever decision I make.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Cassandra

« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2021, 02:33:02 PM »
I don't fancy queuing, what's the criteria for getting one administered at home?

In my experience all the people within our age group were got inside rapidly with plenty of chairs to sit on. I took my 'folding' stick seat and never used it. That said when I saw the milling crowds and felt the frustration within it, I nearly turned about and went home? I feared what you mention - standing and queuing, which I can no longer physically do.

Even if it is similar, there was no question that those with appointments aged over 75 were treated with empathy,  respect and absolute priority.

My friend with COPD, aged 65 has got to wait until the end of March for a home administered appointment. I think from his circumstantial enquiry about same, you have to be extremely disabled (at least non ambulant) or with a volatile health profile to qualify at present?

As a footnote I also reason that following 'older' patients treatment, the rate of inoculation will increase rapidly as the 'speed' of processing the young, with increased mobility harnessed to the custom of practice reflects?

I couldn't help noticing how long for example, folk with Zimmer frames, wheelchairs etc were taking to pass through and how utterly tolerant the staff were to them.
My Little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

granny moss

« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2021, 03:24:46 PM »
Just back from  having Vaccine.  All very organised and no problems. Staff very friedly and efficient.  Weather miserable.  Had a nice tot of best sherry and now will watch Montalbano for a while.....Then a nice roast dinner and relax....gmx

Cassandra

« Reply #18 on: Jan 14, 2021, 11:19:16 PM »
Just back from  having Vaccine.  All very organised and no problems. Staff very friedly and efficient.  Weather miserable.  Had a nice tot of best sherry and now will watch Montalbano for a while.....Then a nice roast dinner and relax....gmx

Well done Granny - I've had no side effect apart from my arm being a little tender the day after.

granny moss

« Reply #19 on: Jan 15, 2021, 06:42:08 AM »
Had a good night sleep. Feeling OK but extremely tired....But that is due to my age and the bad weather...Will soon, after a good breakfast, be back to my usual self.

I wish you all to have the vaccine soon.   Nothing to it !.....The NHS and the volunteers are all lovely and most helpfull.

Jennifer was over protective...and totally covered me in blankets....On my wheelchair, I looked like a bundle of old rags ready for the jumble sale...... :D :'(
A very enjoyable day to you all.....You can make it a nice day, if you really try !

I too miss Micky.....we were together for 67 years !  I still nag him....but as usual...he just keep smiling back at me !.....He always smiled when I was cross with him....he told me I was beautiful when I told him off !.... :D :'( gmx

Cassandra

« Reply #20 on: Jan 15, 2021, 02:00:30 PM »
Had a good night sleep. Feeling OK but extremely tired....But that is due to my age and the bad weather...Will soon, after a good breakfast, be back to my usual self.

I wish you all to have the vaccine soon.   Nothing to it !.....The NHS and the volunteers are all lovely and most helpfull.

Jennifer was over protective...and totally covered me in blankets....On my wheelchair, I looked like a bundle of old rags ready for the jumble sale...... :D :'(
A very enjoyable day to you all.....You can make it a nice day, if you really try !

I too miss Micky.....we were together for 67 years !  I still nag him....but as usual...he just keep smiling back at me !.....He always smiled when I was cross with him....he told me I was beautiful when I told him off !.... :D :'( gmx

I'm sure that's still the case today too!

granny moss

« Reply #21 on: Jan 18, 2021, 09:09:13 AM »
Cassandra. Thank you !   Stll no side effects....very lucky.... News this morning about " Covidiots breaking the rules...."   makes me feel sad  that some people can be so cruelly  selfish. 

Looking on Google for Vitamin D3.....Holland and Barratt having their penny sale at the moment.....The sun is coming up !.......another lovely day ? :) gmx

crabbyob

« Reply #22 on: Jan 18, 2021, 12:25:53 PM »
i got a letter from NHS offering a free supply of vitamin D i of course accepted
but it looks like i will get my vaccination before i get the vitamin D
i much prefer getting it direct from the sun...

“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Hugh

« Reply #23 on: Jan 18, 2021, 12:32:09 PM »
Yes much better from the sun but you are in UK and not much sun of any use at the moment So vitamin D extra strength which I paid for, no letter from the NHS to get it free.

crabbyob

« Reply #24 on: Jan 18, 2021, 12:37:34 PM »
lol... i told you, you are in the wilderness
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

granny moss

« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2021, 01:48:03 PM »
I can get free  on prescription, Calcichew D3 Forte....It keeps the bones healthy ! etc etc....Worth asking for it ? It is a round tablet one has to chew.....gmx

granny moss

« Reply #26 on: Jan 19, 2021, 08:50:30 AM »
This morning I feel very tired....The sky is very dark and it is difficult to keep awake... :)   I have had a look at the leaflets given to me when I had the vaccine.   The small card wth the data etc. has a place for the second appointment....but nothing is written on it....Name of Vaccine- Batch N.  and date vaccine given..... All left blank.....It is the Pfizer one I had on the 14. 1. 21.   I wonder if they knew there were problem in the supply of the vaccine ?And I wonder, would there be  a second dose ?  Any Ideas ? gmx

Scrumpy

« Reply #27 on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:09:34 AM »

I am sure everything will be fine Granny Moss..
They are holding back on second jabs so that they can give out more first jabs to others..
 Don't let others scare you.. They love to do that.. Think positive.. The buds are coming good on my little tree near my front door.. It will soon be in full blossom.. x
Everything will be alright in the end, and if it’s not alright, its not the end.

granny moss

« Reply #28 on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:32:48 AM »
The pussy willow is one of the first trees to awake ....and then the ground will be covered in the lovely wild violets.....Hurry up Spring !  The first daffodils are always mine ! :D .....gmx