Author Topic: Vaccine Wait  (Read 1289 times)

Raven

Vaccine Wait
« on: Jan 13, 2021, 01:54:17 PM »
This link is a rough calculator for when you can expect to have your jag. Fill in a few yes/no answers and it will tell you.

Vaccine Queue Calculator for the UK (omnicalculator.com)

Sheila

Re: Vaccine Wait
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2021, 02:14:27 PM »
I'm not too sure that is correct as it says I will be vaccinated between 10 Feb and 10 March.  Matt Hancock said that all vulnerable people will be done by Feb 15.

Hugh

« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2021, 03:07:44 PM »
Sheila if you phoned your local hospital you may get one now. Many in my area are doing just that. I could have had one by now but not keen on going any where near any hospital. If I get a letter telling me to I will, but hoping the Oxford vaccine comes to my GP first.

biglouis

« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2021, 03:51:08 PM »
Since mine will have to be done at home I am bound to get the Oxford one.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Sheila

« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2021, 04:02:25 PM »
Sheila if you phoned your local hospital you may get one now. Many in my area are doing just that. I could have had one by now but not keen on going any where near any hospital. If I get a letter telling me to I will, but hoping the Oxford vaccine comes to my GP first.

Hugh, ours are being done in a sports centre and organised by our surgery.  The surgery have a notice on their website saying not to phone them about the vaccine. 

We have a neighbour who works there so if I see her I can ask how it is going.  She did ask me a while ago if I could go anytime and I am wondering now if it was because they may need patients to go at short notice if they have vaccine left over.

Diasi

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2021, 04:04:02 PM »
Since mine will have to be done at home I am bound to get the Oxford one.

I don't fancy queuing, what's the criteria for getting one administered at home?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2021, 04:27:23 PM »
High I would hope because if everybody gets that it will be next spring before the vulnerable groups get done.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2021, 04:45:49 PM »
High I would hope because if everybody gets that it will be next spring before the vulnerable groups get done.

I would hope it is as well, in fact I'd expect anyone who wants it doing at home to be bedridden.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Hugh

« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2021, 04:48:01 PM »
Although we have been told not to phone many are and getting a vaccine time slot. I have been told by a care worker and a nurse to phone, but I am in no rush. If it was hard for me to exercise in isolation I would, but its no problem where I live.

biglouis

« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2021, 01:56:39 AM »
what's the criteria for getting one administered at home?

With no transport and severe arthritis in both knees such that I cannot stand for more than a few minutes without pain I am classed as requiring home visits. My prescriptions, flu vaccine and blood tests are now done at home.

If they can organize return transport to a vaccination center and a wheelchair on hand I am happy to take my turn. However I doubt they have that level of organization.

There are probably a lot of older (and younger) people who could possibly get to a vaccination center but unable to stand for long.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.

Bobcat

« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2021, 10:55:51 AM »
This link is a rough calculator for when you can expect to have your jag

Can I have an E-type, blood red with wire wheels

Hugh

« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2021, 11:10:53 AM »
I am quite lucky to live in an area where I can quite happily wait for a vaccine. I can exercise Roxy and keep a safe distance should I meet any one. It must be very difficult, and very worrying for any one living in a block of flats, which many elderly people do, I certainly feel for them.

Biglouis I am pretty sure you will get an home visit for your vaccine so do not worry about it.

Diasi

« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2021, 12:23:22 PM »
I've not yet decided whether or not I'm going to have a vaccination as I'm no longer protecting my wife, so I don't see any point in it.

Hugh

« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2021, 01:24:07 PM »
Diasi I certainly wouldn't like to end up in hospital with it, not a pleasant way to die. When my letter arrives I have it.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2021, 01:43:40 PM »
Phil
Clearly your choice. How do you think Julie would Jew things? I must admit that I do wonder how Veronica would have felt about me ending things prematurely
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!