Author Topic: writing,  (Read 230 times)

Alfred

writing,
« on: Jan 21, 2021, 08:57:44 AM »
Does any one write any more , that is letters, post cards, essays or poems ,
with texting and emailing is the art of writing going out of fashion , as laptops and tablets and smart phones, and land line phones, are the way people communicate, with each other, today,.

and yet receiving a nice hand written letter had its moments, as letter writing could be fun, and rewarding, particularly if say it was a romantic  letter, for example, as news and information of other interests, also made the recipient happy simply to read of another persons news,

Q: do you like to receive a hand written letter,   and do you think writing letters is going out of fashion,

sparky

Re: writing,
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2021, 09:04:02 AM »
I have not received a hand written letter for as far back as I can remember,   and my letter writing is limited to typing on my laptop, and even those would be to companies or organisations , never to friends etc.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2021, 09:28:59 AM »
A couple of my cousins still send handwritten letters a couple of times a year. I find handwriting very difficult due to tremors in my hands which have developed over the last eighteen months or so. I now even have difficulty in signing my name, although I can cope with block capitals
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

biglouis

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2021, 01:25:41 PM »
My handwriting came to a halt as a mature student when I developed RSI due to the amount of notes I was having to take. That was when I bought my first computer - an Amstrad word processor which I later exchanged for a PC. I took all my exams on a computer. My handwriting is so bad even I cant read it. But I still write a page a day diary.
Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the blind obedience of fools.