Author Topic: vaccine sale  (Read 531 times)

crabbyob

vaccine sale
« on: Feb 27, 2021, 09:49:43 AM »
May be an image of 3 people and text that says 'Just seen a couple of dodgy blokes down Peckham Market selling Covid vaccinations, £2 each or 3 for a Pfizer'
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

crabbyob

Re: vaccine sale
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2021, 09:52:55 AM »
May be an image of text that says 'Has anyone else heard/us any of these words from the past? Do you still use them? .adgrayvisions compiled this list, so they get the credit Some of the best words ever! Gallivant Codger Rigmarole Hoodwink Ragamuffin Fiddle-faddle Humbug *Jalopy *Kibosh Bejeebers Flibberty-jibbit Hullabaloo Bamboozled Bamboozled9Flabbergasted-Brouhaha Discombobulated-Lollygag-Malakey Discombobulated*L Cattywumpus Skedaddle Shenanigans Flummoxed*Pumpernickle Berserk Periwinkle Thingamyjig Whatsit Confuzzled Kerfuffle* Poppycock Bogus Thunderation Whosemegadget Skewwiff* Lambasted Flim-flam Whatchamacallit Concoction Doohicky Gobsmacked Thingamebob Camaraderie Nucklehead Wishywashy Fiddlesticks Caterwauling. Rigmarole Tomfoolery Bodacious Fiddle-dee-dee Willy-nilly Decrepid Persnickety Egads Audacity Baloney Kerfuffle Numb-skull'
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Traveller

« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2021, 09:57:16 AM »
Sounds like a transcript of the  Salmond / Sturgeon slanging match.
You'll have had your tea.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2021, 10:16:57 AM »
I still use many of them, although pretty infrequently
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Alex22

« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2021, 10:24:22 AM »
I use lots of those words too, particularly thingamyjig   ;D

klondike

« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2021, 11:08:25 AM »
Me too. It's a little worrying.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2021, 12:58:36 PM »
doesn't worry me at all - they illustrate what a marvelously rich language we posses - something totally lost on the 'CU tonite' generation
Mike

Alex22

« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2021, 02:56:04 PM »
The same generation that uses "literally" in almost every sentence, have you noticed ?    ;D

klondike

« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2021, 03:46:32 PM »
doesn't worry me at all - they illustrate what a marvelously rich language we posses - something totally lost on the 'CU tonite' generation
Mike
T'aint the word it's the need to use it because I've forgotten the proper one temporarily that I find a tad worrying. I'd rather not spend my final years dribbling and grinning while soiling a diaper thank you very much. Not that it is likely to bother me at the time if I do but it does now.

granny moss

« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2021, 06:15:39 AM »
I do NOT like OLD AGE.  It is blooming hard and one could use some strong language and start throwing things at people one does not like very much...

I am NOT a sweet granny......I am very angry inside.   I am good at disguising my thoughts and feelings.....I am fed up with old age....I NEVER thought I would get this old....and I am fed up pretending it is amazing....When Jenny says : My mum is 97 years old....They look at me and say :
That is AMAZING!....Bull***t I say.....gmx :D :D :D

Michael Rolls

« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2021, 06:44:46 AM »
Don't wrap it up, granny - say it as it is!
Mike 👍👍😁😁

crabbyob

« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2021, 01:59:07 PM »
when i open my eyes i think.. 'AMAZING'

Raven

« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2021, 02:11:52 PM »
I do NOT like OLD AGE.  It is blooming hard and one could use some strong language and start throwing things at people one does not like very much...

I am NOT a sweet granny......I am very angry inside.   I am good at disguising my thoughts and feelings.....I am fed up with old age....I NEVER thought I would get this old....and I am fed up pretending it is amazing....When Jenny says : My mum is 97 years old....They look at me and say :
That is AMAZING!....Bull***t I say.....gmx :D :D :D

Yep Yep and Yep. ;D  A sweet old lady I'm NOT. I still wear my skinny jeans and fancy T.Shirts or tops, show off my two Tattoos when I feel like it, still have my long hair....Often dyed. Stomp around the place, work in the stables, ride the horses. I act like I did (only slower) when I was half my age.

zoony

« Reply #13 on: Feb 28, 2021, 03:54:45 PM »
T'aint the word it's the need to use it because I've forgotten the proper one temporarily that I find a tad worrying. I'd rather not spend my final years dribbling and grinning while soiling a diaper thank you very much. Not that it is likely to bother me at the time if I do but it does now.

I do the same K.. I've noticed it's a lot worse when I'm unwell but it's just normal ageing I think. Sometimes I need more than one alternative cos the alternative's disappeared too!  ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

klondike

« Reply #14 on: Feb 28, 2021, 06:09:35 PM »
Yeah I guess it is probably normal. It may be why crabby has just posted the floating bin pic we had a couple of months or so back. It could be that it appeared during his absence though.

On checking back it was crabby that posted it first in April 2020  :(