Author Topic: Connections,connections,connections!  (Read 1248 times)

digitalis

Connections,connections,connections!
« on: Apr 16, 2021, 01:20:02 PM »
I am reading about Matt Hancocks wife...or is it his sister?...or another close relative being involved in contracts with covid testing? Millions involved. Tens of millions. I should be interested. I am. But I am also resigned to the fact that all sorts of improper and irregular contracts are being handed out to friends or close contacts which appears to benefit ministers and involved parties.

I thought all this sort of stuff only happened in other countries which we disparage.

What has happened to public service and probity.

I dont believe in many in our government these days.

How do they get away with it.

Will we ever see the connections between ministers and contracts and family members and shares? It feels like some are filling their boots whilst others are being remaindered to compete in precarious work or jobs all paying flat wages.

It feels like we're being outsourced.

Marshal

Re: Connections,connections,connections!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2021, 01:23:13 PM »

How do they get away with it.

Because we keep voting for them.

sparky

« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2021, 01:41:46 PM »
You can bet this is only the tip of  a very large iceberg, and in this case not very well hidden, the devious financial involvement in the many companies/contracts etc by most of the other MPs will be far better disguised, being in the names of relatives or management companies, much  harder to link to these scumbags.

Bobcat

« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2021, 02:25:22 PM »
Because we keep voting for them.  

Sadly so very true. IMO one of the very honest and trustworthy ex-PM's was and is Gordon Brown and we didn't vote for him - look who we got instead Honest Dave !!

Johned

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2021, 03:00:31 PM »
The only real criticism I have of Gordon Brown is that he disposed of 400 tons of the peoples' gold bullion at cut price when the market was in a trough.  Not very wise for a Chancellor, I would have thought!  It, after all, was "our" gold!

Jacqueline

« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2021, 03:02:59 PM »
We look at other countries and see corruption, why do we think ours is any different?

klondike

« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2021, 03:18:08 PM »
The only real criticism I have of Gordon Brown is that he disposed of 400 tons of the peoples' gold bullion at cut price when the market was in a trough.  Not very wise for a Chancellor, I would have thought!  It, after all, was "our" gold!
He did plenty of other not-so-good stuff while chancellor.  Luckily for labour they could blame the banking collapse for the infamous "sorry there is no money" note to the poor buggers who had to sort his mess out.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2021, 05:41:32 PM »
Exactly
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

crabbyob

« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2021, 06:35:15 PM »
so should we refuse to buy from a good company selling at a good price because their wife is someones brother?
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

Marshal

« Reply #9 on: Apr 16, 2021, 07:03:58 PM »
so should we refuse to buy from a good company selling at a good price because their wife is someones brother?
Absolutely not - we should always go for best value, but I think it's value first and relatives and 'someone I met down the pub' second.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 2021, 11:59:24 PM »
Then there’s Brian

sparky

« Reply #11 on: Apr 17, 2021, 11:14:47 AM »
Going back to slimeball Camerons devious antics, I have often wondered why anyone would come up with such a lunatic idea as HS2, just maybe he had in mind the lucrative billion pound contracts that could be awarded to the  companies carrying  out  the work, getting himself tied up with them would make the money he was likely to make with Greensil mere chicken feed

Michael Rolls

« Reply #12 on: Apr 17, 2021, 11:56:41 AM »
Vanity, thy name is HS2

Diasi

« Reply #13 on: Apr 17, 2021, 11:35:25 PM »
He did plenty of other not-so-good stuff while chancellor.  Luckily for labour they could blame the banking collapse for the infamous "sorry there is no money" note to the poor buggers who had to sort his mess out.

He wasn't known as 'Brown, the one-eyed Scottish clown' for no good reason.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

digitalis

« Reply #14 on: Apr 18, 2021, 07:49:07 AM »
HS2...The Horror. The Horror!

Joseph Conrad.