Author Topic: have hospitals had enough?  (Read 270 times)

Alfred

have hospitals had enough?
« on: May 06, 2021, 07:36:13 AM »
Reading in todays news  Daily Express , what with the recent stabbings between a group of young men, one of whom has sadly died . that one hospital has reportedly said that they wont take in people who have or are stabbing each other ,

thinking about  it  it does make sense that these young men are taking up priority in hospital space  and time, which really are needed for people with all manner of other health problems,

so perhaps this might be one way of stopping these young people from harming them selves and let the hospitals get on with their very important work in caring for the sick, or for people needing help, to my mind it makes sense , other wise these stabbings have got out of control , which it seems is getting worse,

Q; what are your views on the amount of young people stabbing them  selves and in other cases some one else,
your comments will make interesting reading.

digitalis

Re: have hospitals had enough?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 08:31:43 AM »
Rest easy,Alfred. It will only be the youths in Tottenham and suchlike that will be knifing one another. Places where there are trees and decent jobs with people with salaries(like where our BBC tv presenters live?)wont have these crimes. I hear marbles is still a popular game. Its the places that a full up,over-crowded,eye-sore concrete ghettoes that are into grime that have the such troubles. I have heard that zombie knives are best sellers around there. So too machete. Maybe the kukri knife will become popular. We must remember there is always an upside to downside stories: cub reporters can make careers from such reportings. And there is also more likelihood of more police officers being employed,and more hospital and ambulance staff recruited for the casualties. As we pack in more and more people to make more dumps all this violence must increase. But,then,violence leads to growth. Read above. Thus,all in all,no hospital or any institution can ever have enough. Everything is baked in to grow...well,until it goes bust.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 08:53:17 AM »
In 2020 there were 40,000 reports of injuries from sharp implements. Sounds a lot. However, there are on average around 1,500,000 hospital admissions a year - and by no means all those 40,000 resulted in an admission to hospital, although I can't find an actual figure. Even if they all did - which I don't believe for a moment - that's only 2.6% - in fact, I very, very much doubt that it is even near one per cent. In 2019 - latest figure I can find - there were 259 fatalities from stabbings. That's for the whole year. On average, around 1,900 people die in the UK every day.
Whilst the emotional impact of knife crime is very high - don't get carried away into thinking that the numbers are significant - they aren't - but the impact is
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

xetog

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 08:58:30 AM »
As Digitalis said, these events are localised and therefore bear heavily on relatively few urban hospitals, where they represent a far higher proportion.

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

digitalis

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 09:15:11 AM »
"Stab him,crack 'im,slash 'im up nice...let his guts out wiv his belly,slash the bruvver twice"

Excerpt from a recent grime rap

Compare and contrast: "Away in a manger,no place for a bed,the little Lord..."

First track with add on Nike trainers,low rider pants,placed watch and music agents equals...lottsa music sales,much dosh and lottsa twerking gals.

Second track: 1950s primary school fav for Christmas.

Reflect.

Now add comment.

I dont know what I'm talking about  ;) . But its not the first time  ;)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 09:49:53 AM »
As Digitalis said, these events are localised and therefore bear heavily on relatively few urban hospitals, where they represent a far higher proportion.

Mike.X
And are we saying that hospitals will turn away victims of knife crime? Good luck with that, especially if someone dies from lack of medical intervention.
Mike

Alex22

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 10:50:55 AM »
I doubt whether these yobs will, with knife poised to stab, be thinking ' I wonder if the hospital will take me if I'm injured ?  "  Not going to happen.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 11:13:34 AM »
of course not
Mike