Author Topic: Modesty shorts  (Read 1496 times)

zoony

Modesty shorts
« on: Jun 18, 2021, 02:03:34 AM »
I became aware of these tight-fitting shorts some time ago but they're becoming ubiquitous nowadays. Worn under the dresses of actresses who might otherwise flash their underwear during a scene or some stunt and if I'm not mistaken, they're being worn by rugby players too! Really? ???
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

Re: Modesty shorts
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2021, 03:59:30 AM »
Can’t say I have noticed.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Hugh

« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2021, 05:45:14 AM »
Make good sense with rugby players

Michael Rolls

« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2021, 05:58:51 AM »
Yes - although I can't remember the last time I saw the huddle round someone having to change ripped shorts
Mike

richmond62

« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2021, 07:32:25 AM »
Just issued the usual annual dress codes to kids in my language school
after the traditional teenage boob plopped out on the table!

Jacqueline

« Reply #5 on: Jun 18, 2021, 10:55:00 AM »
My 18 year old granddaughter a lot of the time dresses like a tart, she is quite a large girl and flashes far too much cleavage . I am surprised somebody hasn't come up to her and asked her how much she charges.  I mentioned this to my son, who says her mother (who has no fashion sense whatsoever) doesn't see anything wrong and shrugs his shoulders as he knows they won't take any notice of his views. 

Us grandparents really feel we should say something to her, I don't suppose for one moment she would take any notice, but might make her think a bit.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Jun 18, 2021, 11:15:47 AM »
Don't forget - at 18 they know everything
Mike

zoony

« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2021, 11:53:30 AM »
My 18 year old granddaughter a lot of the time dresses like a tart, she is quite a large girl and flashes far too much cleavage . I am surprised somebody hasn't come up to her and asked her how much she charges.  I mentioned this to my son, who says her mother (who has no fashion sense whatsoever) doesn't see anything wrong and shrugs his shoulders as he knows they won't take any notice of his views. 

Us grandparents really feel we should say something to her, I don't suppose for one moment she would take any notice, but might make her think a bit.

Perhaps be better to keep out of such things. What business is it of yours anyway?
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Bee

« Reply #8 on: Jun 18, 2021, 12:07:58 PM »

Perhaps be better to keep out of such things. What business is it of yours anyway?

Quite agree zoony.
The only way is up....

Diasi

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2021, 12:44:32 PM »
Well that's you told Jacqueline & just think how much easier it would be not to have to bother showing any concern about your granddaughter. ???

But your not on your own, she probably wouldn't get into Wetherspoons.

https://bit.ly/3vxgqCV
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Jacqueline

« Reply #10 on: Jun 18, 2021, 01:00:18 PM »

She is my granddaughter and I love her, my mother would certainly have had words with my daughter (and me first) if in the same situation and tell her she is potentially asking for trouble, but I am not as close to my grandchildren as they live so far away.  One picture she posted on social media of her pouty and provocative in skimpy clothing looked like something out of one of those men's magazines.  Any responsible grandparent or adult come to that would be concerned. I don't know why her mother isn't, my son is but they gang up on him and tell him he is old fashioned.

I can't have this conversation with her on the phone, but when they come to stay again maybe I can get round to the subject. 

Diasi

« Reply #11 on: Jun 18, 2021, 01:11:47 PM »

She is my granddaughter and I love her, my mother would certainly have had words with my daughter (and me first) if in the same situation and tell her she is potentially asking for trouble, but I am not as close to my grandchildren as they live so far away.  One picture she posted on social media of her pouty and provocative in skimpy clothing looked like something out of one of those men's magazines.  Any responsible grandparent or adult come to that would be concerned. I don't know why her mother isn't, my son is but they gang up on him and tell him he is old fashioned.

I can't have this conversation with her on the phone, but when they come to stay again maybe I can get round to the subject.

You do right to show concern as, if the worst happens, you'll know that you did your best.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Jacqueline

« Reply #12 on: Jun 18, 2021, 01:14:15 PM »
Well that's you told Jacqueline & just think how much easier it would be not to have to bother showing any concern about your granddaughter. ???

But your not on your own, she probably wouldn't get into Wetherspoons.

https://bit.ly/3vxgqCV

She does go into Wetherspoons quite a lot with her friends, so dresses OK then, that wasn't her honest!!!. 

It's these blooming social media pictures that really concern me.  She want's to go into politics one day, if she ever ran for office in many years to come, can you imagine the daily rags digging up those pictures, they'll dig up any dirt they can on you and after the business with  that cricketer what he said at 15, kids don't think of things like that.

Saying all that she is a member of the Labour Party :(  that really isn't my fault ::) 

Diasi

« Reply #13 on: Jun 18, 2021, 01:20:25 PM »

She does go into Wetherspoons quite a lot with her friends, so dresses OK then, that wasn't her honest!!!. 

It's these blooming social media pictures that really concern me.  She want's to go into politics one day, if she ever ran for office in many years to come, can you imagine the daily rags digging up those pictures, they'll dig up any dirt they can on you and after the business with  that cricketer what he said at 15, kids don't think of things like that.

You could ask her what she'd think if her pals produced a photo of her Mum dressed like that, as that's what could well happen if she has any children.

Raven

« Reply #14 on: Jun 18, 2021, 01:22:59 PM »
I'd be more than a bit careful, if she's anything like my daughter was when she was 18 then talking to her will make her worse, just to show she can and will do it her way. Doesn't matter how nicely you do this, I'm pretty sure it will backfire on you.
My husband had a quiet talk with our daughter over her clothes, it made her ten times worse.....as I guessed it would. Until she grew out of it herself, and luckily there was no mobile phones or social media then.