Author Topic: The Tartan Army  (Read 765 times)

GrannyMac

Re: The Tartan Army
« Reply #15 on: Jun 19, 2021, 07:16:17 AM »
I live near a football ground, the behaviour of some of the so called fans is appalling.  Lots of overtime for SYP!
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

crabbyob

« Reply #16 on: Jun 19, 2021, 08:23:58 AM »
did they invade? i switched off and went back to bed...
Zoony over twenty thousand travelled our ticket allocation was two and a half thousand
its a weekend away for most, when it was a regular fixture they saved for two years for the Wembley trip, there was never any bother, when they invaded the pitch in 77 [jubilee weekend] it was the only time i ever visited the place, it required a bank loan to buy a half of lager, the only damage was to the goalposts, which i paid for by buying two halfs of lager, the old bill as usual went over the top and stopped all trains and busses so everyone had to walk back into town... not a nice way to treat visitors, when you remember that the london clubs went to war every weekend with clubs knives and box cutters, week in week out... then the cops over react to some guys singing....
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

klondike

« Reply #17 on: Jun 19, 2021, 09:17:07 AM »
I told you the other day that my George flag would put paid to England's chances. With lowish winds and soaking rain it has spent most of the time wrapped around the flagpole.  Should it get a good blow during their next match they'll be out of the tournament for sure and I can take it down til next time.
So long and thanks for all the fish

crabbyob

« Reply #18 on: Jun 19, 2021, 10:57:09 AM »
they wont be out Klony, i think England are jockying for second position, because if they win the group then they will be against either France Germany or Portugal...
“Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as we are already here we may as well dance”

klondike

« Reply #19 on: Jun 19, 2021, 11:39:43 AM »
Ah so a tactical draw then? I read that they need another point to go through.

I am carefully studying the impact of my England flag. Do you reckon an EU one might work the same way?

crabbyob

« Reply #20 on: Jun 19, 2021, 12:24:20 PM »
i wouldnt push it Klony, bide your time, get used to the power of the Engerland flag first, see just how much power you have with it before branching out...

klondike

« Reply #21 on: Jun 19, 2021, 02:16:56 PM »
I think flying an EU one might make me puke.

Here is my George flag flying proud. I will risk the powerful jinx it has upon the England team. 

Raven

« Reply #22 on: Jun 19, 2021, 03:26:45 PM »
Scotland Fans come back to clean up London. Well Done Them. ;D

Scotland fans clean up London after Euro celebrations - BBC News

GrannyMac

« Reply #23 on: Jun 19, 2021, 03:55:04 PM »
Fantastic! What a great gesture. 💙

R. Gervais

Alex22

« Reply #24 on: Jun 19, 2021, 04:34:17 PM »
Well, all I can say is Scotland were unlucky not to win that game.  I was praying for Robertson to put one past that thug Pickford  ;D  but it wasn't to be and a draw was a fair result. 

The Scottish fans were brilliant and from memory they rarely caused any trouble - apart from nicking the Wembley goal post back in the 70s. 

zoony

« Reply #25 on: Jun 19, 2021, 05:36:09 PM »
I did say it was 50-50 and so it was..The commentators spout so much crap, I watched it with no sound for large parts. As a game I enjoyed it from the edge of my seat and all the pundits are full of it. Enjoyed hearing Ally McCoist again.
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

GrannyMac

« Reply #26 on: Jun 19, 2021, 05:58:37 PM »
My English OH felt Scotland were marginally better. I know nowt about football, rarely watch it on TV, but that was a must.  Ally McCoist was a bonus.

R. Gervais