Author Topic: What is going On ????  (Read 665 times)

Thesheriff

What is going On ????
« on: Sep 16, 2011, 04:13:24 AM »
Can anyone explain why one section of  the MoD are busy cutting back on the Army and telling Soldiers their services are no longer required.

While at the same time another section  are running Recruitment Adverts on the ITV Stations - some of which are for Full Time Soldiers not the TA.
If I wake up in the morning - I know it's going to be a Good Day - just consider the alternative !!!!!

VeraPlaya

Re: What is going On ????
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2011, 10:39:39 AM »
Maybe they want to get rid of the older regulars on reasonable pay and recruit cheaper younger guys

Angelo

« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2011, 12:27:53 PM »
Sherrif, does anything the goverment does make sence ?
Perhaps the want younger cannon fodder to send to Afganistan.

Geoff121273

« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2011, 09:41:33 PM »
The politicians are running around like headless chickens as they have done for most of my lifetime. People with any common sense do not join political parties and that is where governments come from and they are unfit for purpose. they make me very angry when they say we are all in this together. I have not been in debt for many years and certainly was not anything to do with the present financial mess. But the banks still give me no interest on my savings and the interest rate is kept low to help the spendthrift. 

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2011, 05:04:47 PM »
It is a question that Jeff (feisty fox) and my self have asked for sometime now Sheriff, glad we`re not the only ones who are puzzled!  ::)
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

Papaumau

« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2011, 02:25:42 PM »
I am not puzzled at all by that happening Sheriff as historically our armed forces have been run by idiots in braid who know little about what goes in in the front line. In other words it is quite normal for the right hand not to know what the left hand is doing in the armed forces.

Trying hard NOT to be political about this - and failing - I think that as most of the drive in the modern army comes from cost or from saving costs I think that the big-wigs in government and at the top in the armed forces are running about like chickens with their heads cut off as they try to keep our military standards high while spending less and less on them.

There is no doubt that the Terries are cheaper than the regulars to keep on a string and that is why we are seeing trained soldiers getting made "redundant"-strewth..... at one end and the numbers of the territorial army being increased at the tuther end.

Oh, and as has already been said..... "even young recruits to the regulars are cheaper than keeping highly-trained and highly-paid regulars in the service. If they get their way we are going to finish up with a much smaller army, navy and airforce and they are going to be manned/womanned by cheapo young regulars or by part-timers".
Regards....

Papaumau.

Angelo

« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2011, 03:37:40 PM »
In the first world war the Germans called our Tommies Lions led by Donkeys !
nothing's changed then ?

Hugh

« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2011, 09:32:22 PM »
Thesheriff. This as been going on for years but not been made public. Saves money on pensions and other things. When I joined up you could stay in for 22 years and draw a service pension, not any more. No unions to protect your job they kick you out when they are good and ready, and fill your space with a new recruit.