Author Topic: Sitting feeling sore!  (Read 676 times)

zoony

Re: Sitting feeling sore!
« Reply #15 on: Sep 09, 2021, 06:40:22 PM »
I have removed the rug which caused the first one - the next day. This one is a big Persian carpet, but I have done a bit of organising to reduce the chance of a repeat.
Problem is, that I am increasingly unsteady on my legs as Anno Domini takes its toll
Mike

Mike, I had balance issues after a protracted illness and biting the bullet, bought a sturdy, adjustable aluminium walking stick. It's made a big difference to my confidence and lets me stride out if I wish. Nowadays it's more a sometimes thing but I value it. Three legs good.  ;D
"Listen to the wind, it cleans the mind."

"Never use money to measure wealth, son"

cowboy wisdom.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #16 on: Sep 09, 2021, 06:50:18 PM »
I always use a walking stick out of doors if covering more than a few yards. If I really deteriorate, I have Veronica’s zimmer
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

xetog

« Reply #17 on: Sep 09, 2021, 07:30:56 PM »
Jaqueline.  gradually getting better after about 9 hours, but looks like a masterclass bruise coming.  Mostly just a general ache now, but the tendons to my left arm are very sore indeed & will undoubtedly lead to an interesting night.  I am a bit worried that the position of the bruise might cause the operation to be cancelled.  My wife will roast me alive if it does as all sorts of pre & post op arrangements have been made

Mike.X
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #18 on: Sep 09, 2021, 07:31:49 PM »
Fingers crossed
Mike

Jacqueline

« Reply #19 on: Sep 09, 2021, 08:12:27 PM »
I use a walking stick outdoors, I need to lean on it to get up steps.  My husband illness before and not getting out walking very much over lockdown have severely affected my mobility, my knees hurt so does my back and neck.    I can't believe the difference  two years made.  One of the main problems is the excess stone from lockdown my poor knees have to carry, must lose weight, easier said than done.

Mike fingers crossed your op will go ahead and all is well.  My husband gets some wonderful bruses as he is on blood thinners, not Wolfren but I can't remember the name.

Alex22

« Reply #20 on: Sep 09, 2021, 08:21:05 PM »
Good luck with your op Mike, hope all goes to plan.  Maybe try to rest for a few days now ?

xetog

« Reply #21 on: Sep 09, 2021, 08:34:24 PM »
Ah, rest.  What's that?  So much to do and so little time to do it in 8)   My wife made me sit down after lunch, but I have insisted doing my normal share of the chores sine 3pm.  Hurt like hell, but I am not a shirker.  My wife is on the phone at the moment telling all to the family gossip, so I will be open to ridicule soon enough, may even be in the Daily Mail by the morning edition!

And my wife thinks she has a lot to put up with. :-\

Mike.X

Alfred

« Reply #22 on: Sep 10, 2021, 07:55:53 AM »
Hello Mike,
i was sorry to read of your mis hap which can happen to any of us, and its seems its easily done,
how ever i hope the pain and bruising will gradually subside and that your operation will give you a new lease of life.

my wife a few years ago tripped up on a paving stone in the high street and ended up in hospital having fractured her arm above the elbow
spending a few weeks in the hospital,

then a few months later she caught her night gown on the bedroom door handle and fell down hitting the other arm again another trip to the hospital x-rayed but nothing showed how ever she thinks the hospital hadn't carried the x-ray properly as she feels a twitch at times when  the bones move in her shoulder,

but it shows that even myself iv tripped as i think its because im either not looking where i walk or simply for not lifting my feet , iv noticed people of a similar age walking around a super market , sort of dragging their feet,

sadly these are the problems as we age and that's including myself

Michael Rolls

« Reply #23 on: Sep 10, 2021, 07:57:39 AM »
I know the feeling!
Mike

GrannyMac

« Reply #24 on: Sep 10, 2021, 08:07:57 AM »
Ah, rest.  What's that?  So much to do and so little time to do it in 8)   My wife made me sit down after lunch, but I have insisted doing my normal share of the chores sine 3pm.  Hurt like hell, but I am not a shirker.  My wife is on the phone at the moment telling all to the family gossip, so I will be open to ridicule soon enough, may even be in the Daily Mail by the morning edition!

And my wife thinks she has a lot to put up with. :-\ 

Mike.X

Chores Mike? They are bottom of our lists when we don’t feel great. The dust will be there tomorrow. As long as clothes are clean, do they have to be perfectly ironed?  I had an infection last week, the antibiotics left me feeling rough, so I cancelled my exercise classes and the housework, and just sat around til I felt better, and when I did, I caught up.  I even cut the grass yesterday, and I’m off to the pool later.  Give yourself a break?  

Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #25 on: Sep 10, 2021, 08:12:28 AM »
agreed
Mike

xetog

« Reply #26 on: Sep 10, 2021, 08:16:13 AM »
My wife is suffering from a bad back at present, so I cannot just sit around.  Things are far better this morning, although still sore, so I have taken a couple of Paracetamol which should dampen it down a bit. My night was not too bad either.  On top of all that my smart phone has gone kaput this morning so I can't check the bank.  When I try to get in via the laptop they insist on sending a pin number to my mobile phone app before they let me in Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Mike.X

Michael Rolls

« Reply #27 on: Sep 10, 2021, 08:29:59 AM »
one of the reasons I don't access my bank accounts via the phone
Mike

Michael Rolls

« Reply #28 on: Sep 10, 2021, 08:30:40 AM »
In fact, none of my banks have my mobile number
Mike

Sheila

« Reply #29 on: Sep 10, 2021, 08:45:13 AM »
Our council sent an email to people who had been shielding asking if they had become weaker because of it.  I did feel that my legs were weaker so replied and a nurse was sent to see me.  He did a bit of a health check and said I was the fittest person he had ever been to see but my balance was not brilliant.

I don't know if it is a local scheme but seems to be a combination of the NHS, the council and medequip.  A physiotherapist came and gave me exercises to do and then came back two weeks later with more.  The booklet she gave me is called 'Taking Positive Steps To Prevent Falls'.

Ten years ago I would probably have thought the exercises were useless but now I find them quite effective.  Covid permitting, there may be classes organised soon.