Author Topic: Flu Jabs  (Read 1897 times)

Maisie

Flu Jabs
« on: Oct 12, 2011, 10:12:15 AM »
Yes, it's that time again. I and the family are having an outing to the surgery this evening - Dad, age 88, me, age 63 and son, age 34. Free for anyone over 65 and anyone who is a carer for a senior who may be seriously affected by contracting flu.

http:// http://perkypensioners.blogspot.com
Maisie

mick607

Re: Flu Jabs
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2020, 01:14:44 PM »

katkin11

« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2020, 10:23:45 PM »
Hi Maisie Just wondered, im 69 my last flu jab was a good few years ago due for one next friday,are there any side effects that you know of?

katkin11

« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2020, 10:25:03 PM »
Hi Maisie Just wondered, im 69 my last flu jab was a good few years ago due for one next friday,are there any side effects that you know of?
its been about 6 years ago so i cant remember

Michael Rolls

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2020, 10:29:23 PM »
I’ve had the flu jab for a good few years. So did Veronica. Neither of us ever had any side effects
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

GrannyMac

« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2020, 11:35:12 PM »
I had a bad reaction once, my arm swelled up and was hit and painful for a few days. Only once in a lot of years.

I had mine recently, it was fine.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Michael Rolls

« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2020, 04:41:37 AM »
Gosh, that’s early . They haven’t even started up here yet
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Bee

« Reply #7 on: Sep 19, 2020, 05:42:01 AM »
My flu jab is booked for October, our medical centre is only doing them Saturday and Sunday this year starting in October and depending on the weather it will be a drive through marque.
The only way is up....

Alfred

« Reply #8 on: Sep 19, 2020, 07:51:54 AM »
Hello Maisie,

a year or so ago our local  G.P s surgery had amalgamated with another practice and as a result the service was very poor as the surgery had doubled in  patients,  the receptionists tried to be helpful but had a terrible time slotting in times or appointments because of this doubling up effect,

so i phoned this surgery and asked if or when the flu jabs will be available the receptionist hadn't  got a clue as if or when the jabs would be available, 

so i phoned our local chemist where we collect our prescriptions and he said although he didn't do them he told me of another chemist  where we could go,

so my wife and i went to this  chemist a  local  one, and saw a man on duty outside and he said simply join the queue of three couples in front of us and if we waited we would get the jabs, after about twenty minutes we were in and had our jabs, that was two weeks ago ,

luckily enough i remembered to take my wife's and my N.H.Health numbers with us which helped the chemist and had the information to complete his records etc,

how ever it does go to show what a mess up even the flu jabs are becoming a year ago our local surgery told us when to go as they had given us an appointment and so we turned up to find at least   60  or more other people had also turned up ,and all the people  were queuing up outside the surgery all waiting to have their flu jabs , ??? ??

Much like Paddington station in the rush hour a real mess ,  it seems most places are disorganised or not organised, ..................amazing isnt it,.

Sheila

« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2020, 07:53:19 AM »
We are going on Monday morning.  They are being done at the Civic Centre.

Then the kitten is going to the vet for a check and his first jab.  I think we have to speak to the vet from the car and then put Alfie on the doorstep.

Alfie hasn't learned to wash his bottom properly (maybe his mum used to do it) and we are encouraging each other to take on the job.

Diasi

« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2020, 08:16:14 AM »
Yes, it's that time again. I and the family are having an outing to the surgery this evening - Dad, age 88, me, age 63 and son, age 34. Free for anyone over 65 and anyone who is a carer for a senior who may be seriously affected by contracting flu.

http:// http://perkypensioners.blogspot.com

I always decline the offer of a flu jab.

What's the point of a link to something that doesn't exist?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

klondike

« Reply #11 on: Sep 19, 2020, 09:15:00 AM »
Perhaps it got taken down because of a virus  ;D
So long and thanks for all the fish

em

« Reply #12 on: Sep 19, 2020, 09:46:30 AM »
Alfred,I hope you receive a reply from Maisie.Her most recent post was in May 2012.

klondike

« Reply #13 on: Sep 19, 2020, 09:58:08 AM »
IMO it's ridiculous to reopen ancient threads. Most forums have the ability to stop that once they are past some threshold with no response.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Alfred

« Reply #14 on: Sep 19, 2020, 10:04:23 AM »
Thank you em,

Yes, i had noticed, but having recently had a poor experience of trying to get a flu jab, i thought other forum members might like to know what my wife and i went through, it seems nothing has changed not even after all that time,