Author Topic: Burglar alarms  (Read 861 times)

klondike

Re: Burglar alarms
« Reply #15 on: Sep 16, 2021, 08:38:48 AM »
You get an even faster one if you tell them they are bleeding out on your carpet  ;D
So long and thanks for all the fish

Jacqueline

« Reply #16 on: Sep 16, 2021, 11:18:12 AM »
A baseball bat or better still a shotgun (which I would be scared to own), is better than a burglar alarm any day. The time the police arrive I could be dead and half my belongings gone.  As a slow and not very strong old person, without some sort of weapon I would be unable to defend myself and my belongings from a burglar.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #17 on: Sep 16, 2021, 12:09:02 PM »
A baseball bat or better still a shotgun (which I would be scared to own), is better than a burglar alarm any day. The time the police arrive I could be dead and half my belongings gone.  As a slow and not very strong old person, without some sort of weapon I would be unable to defend myself and my belongings from a burglar.
An ‘innocent’ weapon is a Maglite or similar flashlight. If you need to use it, don’t forget to hold it upside down so that it can’t slip from your grasp
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me.
The older I get, the better I was!

Raven

« Reply #18 on: Sep 16, 2021, 01:04:23 PM »
We have three alarms, 2 Clydesdale Horses and one big dog. They always know when someone/thing is around about the place, and kick off.....LOUDLY. ;D

Michael Rolls

« Reply #19 on: Sep 16, 2021, 01:21:15 PM »
We have three alarms, 2 Clydesdale Horses and one big dog. They always know when someone/thing is around about the place, and kick of.....LOUDLY. ;D
👍👍👍

Tyr

« Reply #20 on: Sep 16, 2021, 01:26:47 PM »
I find it almost amusing when I read of people wanting to use lethal force.

I wonder how many have actually taken life?

I have.

I don't recommend it.

Michael Rolls

« Reply #21 on: Sep 16, 2021, 01:35:25 PM »

I have.

I don't recommend it.

Not recommending it, just being prepared
Mike

klondike

« Reply #22 on: Sep 16, 2021, 02:54:56 PM »
The problem with weapons if wielded by oldies is that the youngies may well get them off you before you get to use them. Discretion is the better part of valour. Which is why I'm amazed I shot out of bed and straight downstairs to turn the alarm off. I didn't for one moment think there was any intruder.
So long and thanks for all the fish

Diasi

« Reply #23 on: Sep 16, 2021, 05:46:04 PM »

I have.

I don't recommend it.

That's a clever question as it puts you in a superior position.

A sensible assumption is that your admission is based on the fact that you took a life within the legal allowance of the law such as a police firearms officer or military conflict.

I very much doubt that someone who took a life outside the legal allowance of the law is going to admit to it on a public forum

If, however, you took a life whilst defending yourself in your own home, then please say so, otherwise your post has no bearing on the topic being discussed.

I have seen interviews with Tony Martin who has no regrets whatsoever for shooting his intruders & would do the same again without a second thought.

And good for him.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)

Michael Rolls

« Reply #24 on: Sep 16, 2021, 05:59:55 PM »
I still think Martin suffered a miscarriage of justice
Mike

Tyr

« Reply #25 on: Sep 16, 2021, 06:17:09 PM »
That's a clever question as it puts you in a superior position.

A sensible assumption is that your admission is based on the fact that you took a life within the legal allowance of the law such as a police firearms officer or military conflict.

I very much doubt that someone who took a life outside the legal allowance of the law is going to admit to it on a public forum

If, however, you took a life whilst defending yourself in your own home, then please say so, otherwise your post has no bearing on the topic being discussed.

I have seen interviews with Tony Martin who has no regrets whatsoever for shooting his intruders & would do the same again without a second thought.

And good for him.

Defending my homeland. But even so a person NEVER forgets killing and I wouldn't want to.

As for Martin,  Martin was bang out of order.  He shot the scrote in the back while the kid was legging it.

Sciatico

« Reply #26 on: Sep 16, 2021, 06:18:23 PM »

I have.

I don't recommend it.
You did on the other thread.
Which "homeland" did you kill people "defending"?

Michael Rolls

« Reply #27 on: Sep 16, 2021, 06:21:56 PM »
there were two of the scum. Martin had suffered several previous break-ins. It was night time. He fired at intruders. Good for him is my take. Our system is far too lenient on the scum, far too hard on those who defend themselves and their property
Mike

Wandering Walter

« Reply #28 on: Sep 16, 2021, 06:39:38 PM »
there were two of the scum. Martin had suffered several previous break-ins. It was night time. He fired at intruders. Good for him is my take. Our system is far too lenient on the scum, far too hard on those who defend themselves and their property
Mike

I disagree Martin did three things wrong, IMHO. I have sympathy for him if I recall correctly he has or did have some mental issues at the time, the burglaries he suffered did not help him at all

Firstly he did not secure his own property his responsibility to do so nobody else's, second he bought a shotgun I believe a pump action illegally, and thirdly the Knackers were running away from him not towards him he was in no immediate danger, that is why he was charged and put on trial

Never enter the world of Conspiracy Theorists, it is the pathway to madness

Michael Rolls

« Reply #29 on: Sep 16, 2021, 07:22:17 PM »
it's dark. You have two intruders in the house - how do you know what their next move will be?
Mike