Author Topic: BBC TV - TV Tax - Good Value?  (Read 1089 times)

John

BBC TV - TV Tax - Good Value?
« on: Jun 28, 2009, 12:28:26 PM »
For those who are not 75 yet. TV Tax has increased by 65 percent during the office of this present government.  Not bad when Council Tax has more than doubled, I expect you are thinking.

So what do you get for this tax? Overpaid expensed executives, over staffing and overpaid talent. The same programmes over and over again. The only thing is to turn over.

The bonus in all this is the radio. But some local radio is sometimes very mundane. Do they still operate on 0845 numbers?  Making money from your call. At least centrally the BBC has changed to 0300, 0370 numbers to allow normal calls particularly from mobiles.

If the programmes produced for and by the BBC are the best in the World, why are they not ploughing the monies made from selling them back into reduce the price of a TV Licence. The answer is because this is a Tax.

The BBC TV Licensing model exists on issuing threats, if you have ever had a letter from them you will see what I mean.  Of course they operate on the 0844 call rate. No doubt the idea is to keep you on the phone, waiting to be answered or hanging on to squeeze as much money out of you as possible.

This may not be true of course, but why not use a normal number, if not to make money out of the callers.

Perhaps it provides the bubbly at the Trustees meetings plus the buffet, sorry gourmet buffet. We are now overstuffed at the BBC...

radar41

Re: BBC TV - TV Tax - Good Value?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 28, 2009, 09:21:23 PM »
Satelite and Freeview are stuffed full with advertising. The BBC still provides value for money in my opinion.

John

Re: BBC TV - TV Tax - Good Value?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2009, 10:07:09 PM »
10,000,000 pounds a day - the value oozes.

Lets pay Jonathan Ross more then his 6 Million pounds a year.

What great value he is...

Never seen him promoting new films?

Have people on his show that do not have a new book, film, tour or music out?

The BBC is full of advertising, it is more subliminal but it is there.