Author Topic: Store Loyalty Cards  (Read 566 times)

Maisie

Store Loyalty Cards
« on: Oct 13, 2011, 12:36:18 PM »
I've had two store loyalty cards for some time and have just added a third. The money and points soon mounts up throughout the year and then I use it at Christmas for cards, wrapping paper, treats and booze!

Details on http://www.perkypensioners.blogspot.com][url][/url]
Maisie

Maisie

Re: Store Loyalty Cards
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2011, 06:58:00 PM »
 I know that I'm droning on about my Boots card - to the extent you might think that I have shares in Boots(I don't) - but I just can't believe what good value I get. Today I wanted to buy a small gift. When I got to the store I found that they had 3 for 2 offers - so I thought I might as well stock up for Christmas. Here's the deal:

3 gifts at retail value of £40 cost £30, saving £10  + l bottle bath lotion on offer - saving 89p cost £1

Total saving in cash £10.89

Cash spent £31

But   - Points  on the purchase are valued at £1.48 plus points from a coupon I got with my statement  are worth £2.50 = £3.98

Plus I got a voucher for £5 off Boots No 7 - which I will use.

So taking everything into account my purchase, which had a retail value of £41.89 actually cost £22.02!
ie. £41.89 - 10.89-3.98- £5 = £22.02

N.B. If over sixties sign up to the discount scheme they get 10% off Boots Own Brand items - on top of everything else.

Go on - get a card - you know you want to!

http://www.perkypensioners.blogspot.com
Maisie

Hugh

Re: Store Loyalty Cards
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2011, 09:54:52 PM »
We have one loyalty card which is for tesco but only because its was the nearest store to us and petrol cheapest there. They have now opened a farm food store on route which we now use for most of our shopping saving us around £20 aweek rather more than the pennies given to us with the loyalty card at tesco. Boots is very expensive and I would only use that store if I could not get the product I wanted else where. Most big stores have these buy one get one free routines which is just a rip off to make you buy more or £3 for 3 or £1.25 each which is very unfair on a person living alone or someone on low income. Loyalty cards are just a trap to get you to shop at that store. Far better to shop around but take into acount time and transport costs.