Author Topic: Visitors  (Read 559 times)

PuffTheMagicDragon

Visitors
« on: Oct 27, 2011, 09:55:10 AM »
Just had a hectic week, my stepdaughter, husband and grandkids have been out for a visit.
Why is it that kids do everything at 100mph, except getting up on a morning, and going to bed at night? And how come they don’t seem to have the ability to turn lights off, close doors or put things away after they’ve used them?
Yes I know, I was just the same when I was young, as were, probably, all of us. :-X
With my superior knowledge of this phenomena, having done it myself, and experienced my own kids doing it, I though I could teach the grandkids how to grow up better. I just didn’t allow for one thing, ‘GRANDMA’, :o all-powerful and of the opinion that “grandkids can do no wrong”! Fade into the background, grandpa, it’s safer! :-X
Seriously, I’ve had a great time, although I’m absolutely shattered. ;D
OnOn......

Dottie1943

Re: Visitors
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2011, 12:01:52 PM »
Puff I know the feeling! And when they come to stay for a week or longer you wonder if you are ever going to get the house back to normal, then two hours after they have left you wish they were back again!

When we lived out in Spain we had visitors for one week at least every month and when they were not there we looked forward to the next visit, when we went to visit them different story, we were still running around after them not the other way around, but isn't it great having a family ;D

Breath in Breath out then repeat only when necessary!

PuffTheMagicDragon

Re: Visitors
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2011, 09:11:47 PM »
but isn't it great having a family ;D

Yes, if only it wasn’t so intense though, we’re so used to the ‘chill out’ lifestyle.
Our granddaughter is coming out again next month on her own, for some dental treatment, although she’s 14 she’s very sweet and doesn’t have an attitude. :-*

Puff
OnOn......