Author Topic: Ladies - when are we too old to wear makeup?  (Read 1779 times)

Maisie

Ladies - when are we too old to wear makeup?
« on: Nov 01, 2011, 11:36:16 AM »
I'm getting more ambivalent about wearing makeup. A couple of my friends never leave the house without it, I usually only wear it if I'm going out in the evening or if I have an important appointment. But I'm beginning to wonder if there comes a time when we should relinquish vanity. What do you think?
Maisie

Dottie1943

Re: Ladies - when are we too old to wear makeup?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2011, 03:51:47 PM »
Maisie,

I always wear makeup when leaving the house even to pop around to Tesco normally it's what I call my everyday face, a little bit of moisturiser and eyeshadow and mascara and always lippy.

When I. Am going somewhere in the evening or special then I use foundation and blusher but I am not like a painted doll I left all that behind when I was a lot younger and my skin started to be less tight, there is nothing like a woman who still tries to look like she did when she was 21, with makeup and clothes as all that does is makes her look like a silly old lady.

I don't have the kind of money I used to have to buy the expensive clothes and makeup I used to but I do still use the makeup brand I wore when I was younger I.E. Clinique. ;D
Breath in Breath out then repeat only when necessary!

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2011, 04:29:20 PM »
Hi Maisie, I think this is another area where it is up to the individual but I do agree with Dottie that as we get older "less is more!!"  ;)
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

Hugh

« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2011, 03:15:31 PM »
Well ladies if make up getting a little expensive you could always do what your mothers did make your own using lard.

amazing product. So before you spend another dollar on a product that doesn’t deliver on its promise, consider the versatility of lard. That‘s right ladies: lard.

Well why not? men use to stick vaseline on their hair  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dottie1943

« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2011, 07:57:44 PM »
Hugh, I cannot believe that even my mum organ would have put lard on their faces! :D

caminito

« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2011, 08:24:53 PM »
Hugh was correct .  :o
Only now you pay top dollar for a brand name  ???

Hydrogenated Lard
What is it?
Lard is a soft, white oily substance obtained by heating the fat from pigs. Lard Glycerides are the mono-, di-, and triglycerides derived from Lard, whereas Lard Glyceride is the monoglyceride only. Hydrogenated Lard Glycerides, Hydrogenated Lard Glyceride, and Hydrogenated Lard are produced by adding hydrogen atoms to the described precursor.

In cosmetics and personal care products, Lard and Lard-derived ingredients are used in the formulation of skin care products and makeup such as eyebrow pencils, eyeliner and lipstick.

Apparently, the average woman swallows 1.5 blocks of in her lifetime -- in the form of lipstick!
Lip smacking good  ;D

Dottie1943

« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2011, 08:56:32 PM »
THAT'S WHY I KEEP PUTTING ON WEIGHT!!!!

Hugh

« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2011, 09:58:39 PM »
To think Caminito ladies could get all their make up while shopping in tescos.a block of lard quite cheap. ;D ;D ;D ;D

caminito

« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2011, 10:27:36 PM »
It's a wonder that their cheeks don't turn to "crackling" in the sun  ::)

Dottie1943

« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2011, 10:40:18 PM »
Caminito, some women's do anyway ;D

joan27

« Reply #10 on: Nov 06, 2011, 12:31:12 PM »
 hi there we are never too old. i consider myself a glamour  nan  my husband calls me blossom my leaves might be  a bit wilted but i feel good with my lipstick and earrings and my daughters and i exchange clothes.

Dottie1943

« Reply #11 on: Nov 06, 2011, 01:27:27 PM »
Joan what a lovely thing that your husband calls you.  Like yourself I too don't want to get old, yesterday I went out and bought myself a lovely pair of knee high boots, with my leggings and long top/short dress I felt good today walking around the shop to buy my papers :D

They are going to have to drag me into old age kicking and screaming  ;D

Welcome to the forum by the way, keep on posting your a girl after my own heart ;D

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #12 on: Nov 08, 2011, 10:19:48 AM »
Hi Joan, Welcome to the forum and I agree with Dottie, Blossom is lovely and is what my late uncle used to call my aunt, I am called Chickadee by Jeff which I also love as my late father used to call me and my sibblings his "chicks" though Jeff wasn`t aware of that. :) Dotti, I have this lovely picture in my mind of you in your fab. attire. Go for it girl!! I too have just bought a gorgeous long length jumper which will go with my leggings and knee high boots---- we could be twins!  :-*

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #13 on: Nov 08, 2011, 10:23:38 AM »
PS When I worked in the care home there was a lady of ninety eight who had the most beautiful soft, smooth skin which I duly admired. She told me that every day she had used a combination of honey and sugar which she rubbed gently into her skin before rinsing off. Sadly, it`s a bit too late for me!!! ::)

Dottie1943

« Reply #14 on: Nov 08, 2011, 10:08:28 PM »
Rita bet she was a sweet old lady too with that combination! ;D ;D ;D

I shall also take your advice and go for it,