Author Topic: Where are you all I hope you are well?  (Read 1006 times)

Dottie1943

Where are you all I hope you are well?
« on: Jan 18, 2012, 07:35:43 PM »
The forum has been a bit quiet the last couple of days and I know that Oldtimer was not feeling to well but what about the rest of you, I do hope that you are not all suffering from this awful bug that seems to be attacking everybody around me!!

I had the flu jab this year like a lot of you but still got a caugh and runny nose but I know that members of my family have been very bad this year with other nasties.

Just let us know you are OK please, this is a place to sound off when your not feeling too well and nobody will ask if it is just Man Flu or say "thats your age" ;D

Dottie
Breath in Breath out then repeat only when necessary!

Rita Postlethwaite

Re: Where are you all I hope you are well?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2012, 07:49:42 PM »
Hi Dottie, the Fox and I are both well but have been busy out and about even though the weather is cooler the sun has been nice. Hope you and Roy are both ok. :)  I`m sure everyone will be back posting very soon!  :-*
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

Dottie1943

« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2012, 11:09:11 PM »
We are both ok too and glad to hear you are doing fine ;D

Oldtimer

« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2012, 12:43:07 AM »
  Not brilliant and Pats a bit run down but back in the Loop?
My lap top got a virus to cap it all!!
If you cannot do someone a good turn never do them a bad one.

Papaumau

« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2012, 01:03:02 PM »
Hi Dottie, I don't know how much my response - in particular - will please you or not but I too am fine as are my wee wife and our two grown children and their families.

Christmas and New Year can be a trying time for many people who are struggling in poverty but I think that as long as we think about them - even if we are not stuck in that particular situation as well - it is good that they are not forgotten.

As you are well aware, I have a very busy life online and even if I do I still try to give the Pensioners Forum a visit just about every day.

We all really need to stick together against the forces of evil that want to do us down and like this forum there are many others out there that are part of this important lobby.   
Regards....

Papaumau.

xetog

« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2012, 03:52:49 PM »
Hi Dottie,  Went to a funeral yesterday and got caught up in the M25 closures, but got home OK.  I have been reading regularly, but have not felt motivated to post a  lot!
M.
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Dottie1943

« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2012, 05:20:05 PM »
so long as you are all wel thats all I care about, even you Papa ;D  and Xetog sorry to hear that you had a bad day yesterday, that M25 used to be the bain of my life I used the M23 then M25 for years and there was always something happening on one or the other!
How am I going to get Xetog motivated I wonder ;D
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better as well Oldtimer.

xetog

« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2012, 05:28:34 PM »
Motivation!  You hit it on the head Dottie, we need a big new subject that I can get my teeth into (cruise ship captains aside).  I have my little brain working on it at the moment.  There are so many, from unemployment / skills to criminal immigrants.  Both have been played out in the past though.  I have something in mind that I might get around to over the next few days.
M.
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Dottie1943

« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2012, 05:48:47 PM »
Mrs Motivator is my middle name ;D ;D ;D

Lisa

« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2012, 12:24:30 AM »
I have not been about much lately. Just come on and do my Scrabble and word games then disappear again. I have been busy though looking after my invalid husband. He fell down the stairs and is now very bruised, sore and has severe pain in his neck and back. It seemed to be a lot easier today but has been unable to lift anything or do anything other than just rest. During this cold spell I seem to have been  quite busy getting firewood and coal in for the open fire, doling out his medication and generally trying to keep things moving normally.
Hope things will be back to normal soon but in the meantime all of you take care. :)

Always put your brain in gear before opening your mouth.

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2012, 12:13:39 PM »
Well Xetog, I`m sure everyone is waiting with bated breath, I know I am! Keep cheerful. :-*
Sorry to hear of your husbands problems Lisa, hope he recovers very soon.  :)
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

Dottie1943

« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2012, 12:26:15 PM »
Lisa sorry to hear about your hubby not very nice when you have a fall at the best of times but as you get older it takes longer to heal, wish him better from us all and you take care too