Author Topic: Global warming  (Read 1215 times)

charlie gracie

Global warming
« on: Sep 12, 2009, 10:38:14 PM »
When i look at a map of the world and see our tiny island,"I think to myself",
how on earth are we going to stop the phenomenon of global warming?.
60 years ago when i was at school the scare theme then was if they didn't stop cutting down the rain forests. by the year 2000 all of England would be desert.
All very frightening to us kids  but not true. That was the spiel put out by the politicians of the day. Our world will evolve as it has done for millions of years , and there is nothing we can do to stop it happening, The ironical thing is most people including the ruling classes love the warmer climes and go were the sunshine is for their holidays
Funny old world ain't it?

John

Re: Global warming
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2009, 10:52:30 AM »
This particular scare enables huge amounts of stealth taxes. That we all pay as businesses charge us for Climate Change Levy TAX and Landfill TAX (Taxing Council Tax again).

This present government wants to charge Bin TAX. with some Councils fitting micro chips to their bins to produce a weight. Like the weight of suitcases, expect a fine if higher then the weight set, plus an extra charge on top of Council Tax for disposal.

Expect a GPS Chip in it as well, to check if you have put it out at the right time. These will all result in automatic civil penalites (posh word for fines - in reality another stealth tax). There are loads of these particularly surrounding ID Cards, they start at a £1000 minimum.

Labout must not win the next election. It will be a green flag for this sort of matter. Forget the red one that hides the blood of many innocents (from all sides).

charlie gracie

Re: Global warming
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2009, 07:09:38 PM »
Thanks John for your reply.
The politicians of today are just the same no matter which party they represent,
ALL brains and no common sense,They go into some some of denial as to why this country is in such a state of decline,
They destroyed the manufacturing industry,!! In the 1950s we could leave school
(educated, to read and write, multiply, and divide, and get a job.)
Now we do not manufacture much at all, coal mining,cotton,woollen,aircraft,
shipbuilding,car production, have all Gone!! these industries employed millions,
of young people leaving school,  And now kids are made to stay on in education
until they are 23, and at the end they have not much hope of a job, and are in massive debt to the government at the end of the day
they cant fool all of us olds, can they?