Author Topic: Anti Social Behaviour - Failure of PCSO’s to deliver  (Read 1606 times)

John

Anti Social Behaviour - Failure of PCSO’s to deliver
« on: Sep 29, 2009, 11:00:38 AM »
It used to be that people were being killed in the Community as a result of Anti Social Behaviour. That people killed themselves as a result, preferring suicide to constant harassment from cowardly yobs.

Now added to that mix is where a Mother murders her Daughter as a result of it. Calling the police for help was fruitless, how those yobs must laugh. They are no doubt still laughing now.

The failure of policing on the cheap, Police Community Support Officers have all added to the mix.

Preferring to hand out sweets to Community troublemakers then making a difference.

Millions of pounds of public money has been wasted and still being wasted on all this.

Papaumau

Re: Anti Social Behaviour - Failure of PCSO’s to deliver
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2009, 12:10:16 PM »
Strange you should mention that John as I wrote to my favourite tabloid about exactly that subject today.

As I see it the cops  - at least the top-cops - are more interested in getting the kudos that comes from publicity-seeking initiatives or the practice of targeting this crime or that crime on a temporary basis rather than getting down to it and being there for the communities that need them all of the time.

The chief constable of the force that let those two people down actually said sorry for not giving them the protection that they deserved.

We all know that what we want is more coppers "ON THE BEAT" and when they are there they are being consistent and effective in doing what their remit tells them to do, which is protecting ALL of the public from the neds and criminals who would make our lives a misery.

I really don't know why the top-cops cannot see this one.
Regards....

Papaumau.

Wrinkles

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2009, 12:02:20 PM »
Now PaPa lets get it right those police forces didn't just say sorry they said they were "very very" sorry to which they added "lessons have been learned" And as we all know that makes everything all right again.

How many times do we have to hear about a major scandal followed by, we are very sorry, lessons have been learnt and be expected to accept it's now OK. no one is held responsible, no heads roll, a few changes are made to procedures until the heat dies down or whatever it is happens again.

Someone has to be held to account for these sort of things and justice must be seen to be done. Regardless of colour, Red, Blue, Yellow, green or sky blue pink with yellow brown dots, the next government must address this and the mantra must be if it happens on your watch then you carry the can. This and this alone will concentrate the minds of these so called leaders. Aint gonna happen of course. It would probably interfere with their human rights or some such crap.
Inside every older person is a younger person
wondering what the hell happened?

Papaumau

« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2009, 12:54:03 PM »
Not going to argue with that !

It now appears that if something is done wrong in public life so long as the offenders say "sorry" there has been no harm done.

Of course nothing could be further from the truth !
Regards....

Papaumau.

John

« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2009, 11:12:06 AM »
Public bodies do not actually see themselves as offenders or having done wrong.

An example of the Leicestershire Police matter, given that as the sparking point of my posting.
Not that I need a sparking point, but it helps when others are aware of current affairs.

This is how they covered this one. No doubt taking great pain to get it right (to them).

'We are extremely sorry that, at times our actions failed to meet the family’s needs'

This is the only time the word 'sorry' appears in their official statement on the matter.

Job Done - lets get on to the next couldn't care less failure of policing.

I am extremely sorry that, at times my postings fail to meet the readers needs.

Easy - Job Done.