Author Topic: "BD's Out & About".  (Read 20507 times)

Bills Double

Re: "BD's Out & About".
« Reply #30 on: Sep 23, 2012, 01:14:06 PM »
 :) :)

I too suffer from the "shakes" when using my dslr's whether I'm using a long or a short lens. The way I get clear photos because of my shaking is using the cameras on either a mono-pod [ideal if you don't want to carry a tripod around with you] or a tripod [not forgetting that it is possible to buy different sizes of tripods from very small [not ideal for dslrs] to the large professional ones.

If using a compact camera a small travelling tripod is ideal.
Hama Mini Tripod Traveller Compact

If you need any further information PLEASE pm me.  ;) ;)
"Happiness is a voyage, not a destination & growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional".

FLICKR ACCOUNT: www.flickr.com/photos/bills_doubl

Bills Double

« Reply #31 on: Sep 23, 2012, 01:39:02 PM »
 :) :)

I said that I would post post more Sculptures here are a few more fore you to enjoy or not as the case my be :-

DAWN HARE:

RELAXING HARE:

PEACOCK:

TABBY CAT:

LIFE LEAF:

OBELISK:

THE NEXT THREE ARE CALLED DAYDREAMING:

More to follow later   ;) ;)
"Happiness is a voyage, not a destination & growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional".

Dottie1943

« Reply #32 on: Sep 23, 2012, 01:57:19 PM »
Rita this is the type of camera that I was thinking of, something that has the lens fitted on the front that zooms in but automatically adjusts itself to cet the best view, I cant do with twiddling lenses etc I have no idea what they do anyway!
Breath in Breath out then repeat only when necessary!

firenze

« Reply #33 on: Sep 24, 2012, 10:06:12 AM »
 :) I was floored by your range of camera BD. My knowledge matches nil I still visualised cannon as the first little box that appeared on the market. Like other comments a box brownie did the job until I bought an SLR with a posh name second hand. It co-incided with the appearance of colour and transparencies and flummoxed me to boot!
Your pics are excellent, the latest batch - I particularly liked the composition of the Peacock.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #34 on: Sep 24, 2012, 11:32:09 AM »
Hi Bill, Jeff has every type of equipment known to the photographic world, tri pods, mono pods included! Unfortunately they are of no use for his ariel photography as you have to track the subject so quickly. He is thinking of trying one of those shoulder type fitments, do you know what I mean?
 Love the sculptures!
Dottie, I don`t know what your price range is but it seems as if a "bridge camera" would suit you well and we have seen some of the results from them and are impressed. Check on the internet and see what you think.  :-*
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

Bills Double

« Reply #35 on: Oct 26, 2012, 09:34:04 PM »
 :) :) :)

Evening One & All,

I'm off to RHS Wisley tomorrow morning [Saturday 27th Oct:], taking a few photos. If anybody's there from 8am  until about 12.30ish & you see me, please come up & say "hello".

Once I've sorted a few out I'll post some for your enjoyment. I've got a few more from my last visit to post on this thread & my macro thread.

BD  ;) ;) ;)

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #36 on: Oct 28, 2012, 10:05:04 AM »
Hope you had a great day out Bill and we are looking forward to seeing some of your photo`s.  :)
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

Bills Double

« Reply #37 on: Jan 24, 2013, 12:22:46 PM »
 :) :) :) :)

Morning Everybody,

Firstly my apologies for not posting over the last few weeks, I spent 10 days up in North Wales looking after my younger sister who wasn't very well, whilst her husband was on a business trip to Dubai.

:( :( :( :( Unfortunately she died the Tuesday I was there after a very short illness, she originally went into hospital with an under active thyroid & very low sodium levels & during various examinations & test it was found that she had "single cell cancer of the lungs & of the liver & she was given a week to live - she lasted 4 days, it was all very sudden, I didn't expect to arrive home without a sister.  :( :( :( :( :(

I see a lot has gone on with people leaving the forum whilst I've been away, am I right in thinking that the message section has been deleted?

I'm like a bad penny I'll keep cropping up now & again, but I'll not be leaving the forum as I enjoy what goes on.   :) :) :) :)

Merrytel

« Reply #38 on: Jan 24, 2013, 01:01:13 PM »
BD , truly gutted to hear about your sister mate , no words can help at this time can they  , but ........

Glad to hear you're going to stick with the forum , some of the old regulars have left but  , hey , we've got to get on with it ! :D :D
Tel .  

Life is just a very short interlude , between two eternities !

Hugh

« Reply #39 on: Jan 24, 2013, 01:06:31 PM »
Very sorry to hear about the loss of your Sister but in many ways pleased she she departed with out to much suffering.
Welcome back, many of our friends have moved on, to get the full story you have to read older posts. We have now got to work together to rebuild the forum.

sparky

« Reply #40 on: Jan 24, 2013, 01:39:11 PM »
Sorry about your Sister BD, not much helps at times like this , but at least you can console yourself that she passed quickly, rather than hanging on for maybe years in pain, I don't think any of us would want that for ourselves or our nearest and dearest.

PuffTheMagicDragon

« Reply #41 on: Jan 24, 2013, 01:45:41 PM »
 DB, I’d just like to echo the sentiments of Terry, Hugh, Sparky, and I’m sending you and the rest of your family some nice positive thoughts.

Puff
OnOn......

Bills Double

« Reply #42 on: Jan 24, 2013, 01:49:29 PM »
 :) :) :) :)

Thank you All for your kind thoughts, I thought that I would share with you a photo of her taken April 2012;

caminito

« Reply #43 on: Jan 24, 2013, 02:06:23 PM »
Each time we embrace a memory, we meet again with those we love for the heart never forgets. With deepest sympathy,

Hugh

« Reply #44 on: Jan 24, 2013, 03:29:16 PM »
DB, I’d just like to echo the sentiments of Terry, Hugh, Sparky, and I’m sending you and the rest of your family some nice positive thoughts.

Puff
Our missing friends also send their sentiments, it is always very hard for the family left behind.