Author Topic: 100bn loan  (Read 1612 times)

xetog

100bn loan
« on: Jun 11, 2012, 03:33:37 PM »
Well, Spain have got their 100bn euro loan and the Eurozone has been saved for a few more weeks.  Spain has insisted that the loan is to safeguard the Banks, but it's nowhere near enough because the Spanish banks have hundreds of billions of Euros worth of bad debts.  In reality, apart from lining the bankers pockets, it will go into buying government bonds to shore up the Spanish economy.  How is this different to Greece?  Well,  if the Greeks were forced to leave the Euro, it would hurt them more than the rest of the Eurozone, so they must suffer the indignity of Eurozone technocrats running their Government and swinging cuts effecting the general population to get the loans to keep them going.  Spain on the other hand is the 4th largest economy in the Eurozone and if that went down, it would take the rest of the Eurozone with it whilst calling in all those worthless fiscal promissory notes.  So Spain is able to blackmail the Eurozone authorities into giving loans to its banks rather than the Government, thus avoiding the embarressment of admitting that they need bailing out.  Whatever the fudge, Spain is borrowing money that it has little prospect of paying back, just like Greece and so the Spanish people will suffer.
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.

Merrytel

Re: 100bn loan
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2012, 05:21:58 PM »
Hmmm..''borrowing money with little prospect of paying it back ''.......anyone got a phone no. for that ? I'll happily have half a million under those circumstances. ;D
Tel .  

Life is just a very short interlude , between two eternities !

Oldtimer

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2012, 11:29:19 PM »
Its like buying a Day return ticket and only going one way ??? :'( :'( :'( :'(
If you cannot do someone a good turn never do them a bad one.

Dottie1943

« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2012, 08:48:15 AM »
Oldtimer, you are quiet right and you don't get a refund on the return journey on that either!!!
Breath in Breath out then repeat only when necessary!

Thesheriff

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2012, 10:10:35 AM »
They won't be getting it off me - 

We managed to get our € 100 Bn out of Santander this week - and into Guernsey   -  only one more lot to go -  but that's tied up until next year  !!!!!!
If I wake up in the morning - I know it's going to be a Good Day - just consider the alternative !!!!!

xetog

« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2012, 11:43:37 AM »
There is talk of action to prevent people taking money out of Spain, which is not good news for anyone selling a property.  For those with real money they have moved it already!
M.
If you want to control peoples thoughts, first control their words.