Author Topic: EU opinion  (Read 7475 times)

lucia

EU opinion
« on: Oct 26, 2006, 06:32:01 PM »
Can you please tell me what is your general Opinion on EU, I would appriciate all the ideas, positive, negative

thank youuuuu

L

Sally

Re: EU opinion
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2006, 10:42:54 PM »
Do you remember that it all started off being called The Common Market?
The way things have developed I think it would be very difficult to find a - how to phrase this without being reported to the moderator for being racist? - British born person who was in favour of the EU as it has developed.
We are losing control of our own country. Our taxes are being used to support any foreigner who steps on our shores whilst Pensioners particularly (who receive one of the lowest pensions in the EU) are suffering financially.
Also bear in mind the Human Rights Act - which sounds great.  But it has eroded the freedoms of the individual in this country to an extent which we wouldn't have believed 40 years ago. The Law is no longer our ancient system of Common Law but is Law as determined by the bureaucrats in Brussels.  We still have the £.  But for how long?
Sally

meggie

« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2006, 01:16:33 PM »
I agree Sally, have you considered our utilities, Gas from Russia and who controls our electricity gas and water supplies, all owned by other countries investors, Germany France and now Spain.
meggie

Sally

« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2006, 09:37:58 AM »
Don't get me going Meggie - I truly despair of what the future holds for this great country of ours.  Conspiracy theorists would put forward the view that there is an agenda which is not yet visible to the majority of the population.  Never fear - it will become so, and then god help us all.  Am I going round the bend?  I'm not quite hearing voices or seeing 'reds under the bed' yet - I just wish people would awaken to what is going on before our very eyes  :'(

Florence

« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
Can you please tell me what is your general Opinion on EU

Lucia

An absolute disaster!!!!

Florence :'(

Sally

« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2007, 10:36:35 PM »
Well .. this says a lot really.  There has not been one positive response.  It would be interesting to see what the original poster's view on this is. 
But taking this further, from this very small sample on here there is no-one with a good word to say about the EU.  Unless they're keeping very quiet about it.  Then I wonder why? ???

Phil

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 09:45:25 AM »
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

sarahbilly 1

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 09:58:43 AM »
sally, all the things you mention are not exclusive to this country, other eu countries have more immigrants than us, and the same concerns, is it just the fact that the world is now a smaller entity, i wonder.   

Granny49

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 10:18:55 AM »
This is a very old thread SB.  I wonder what happened to Sally, Meggie and Florence? 
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 10:38:03 AM »
One timers, like so many! Try out the forum, see some of the posts, don't like what they see so go somewhere else, and I'm sure there'll be many more.
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

GrannyMac

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 10:38:46 AM »
A seven year old thread surely isn't worth replying to.   ::)   Especially when there are current ones covering similar topics.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Granny49

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 11:05:38 AM »
Long before your time Cheddar caveman and certainly long before mine.  I wonder why?  I notice Sally said

Well .. this says a lot really.  There has not been one positive response.

I do think negativity can drive people away; sad really.
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

Citizen68

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 11:17:20 AM »
Phil must be bored - he is trawling up various posts from January 2007!!

Hugh

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 11:35:34 AM »
EU would be great if every thing was equal. ie they come to us and get first class treatment in the NHS. In the EU state hospitals are very few and you have to pay for certain things. I certainly wouldn't travel without good health insurance. In Tenerife a short while ago all eating joins own by Brits were told to up grade to a much high standard sounds, and was a good idea but it put many out of business. Spanish owned one's were left alone and didn't come under the strict regulations.

sarahbilly 1

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2014, 11:58:04 AM »
whoops granny49, omitted to peruse the date, maybe we are being led down the garden path, must be more studious,