Author Topic: EU opinion  (Read 7480 times)

sarahbilly 1

Re: EU opinion
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 04:22:52 PM »
hugh, glad you got a few bob rise, she also gave the police a big rise to buy their loyalty, in order to fight the rank and file, we could go to and fro on her virtues or lack off, however on my part their are too many "lack ofs"which we are still feeling the effects of today,   and i fear i may get "typing cramp" illustrating my reservations. 

Hugh

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 04:30:25 PM »
Sorry Sarah that's a load of labour party rubbish. Pay rise or no pay in the forces we have to do as we are told, she just reinstated are level of pay and no more.  >:( >:(

sarahbilly 1

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2014, 05:42:02 PM »
hugh, i am no member or apologist for the lab. party?  my comment was about buying/reinforcing "police" loyalty, for what she had planned, 

Granny49

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2014, 07:29:01 PM »
Sorry Sarah that's a load of labour party rubbish.

Isn't also SB's opinion? :)
Don't get my personality and my attitude confused.  My personality is me, my attitude depends on you.

sarahbilly 1

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2014, 08:35:33 PM »
firenze, unless ukip gain a working majority in gov. farage has as much chance as the man in the moon of getting us out. even in that unlikely event it is still up to the electorate in a referendum.?

Aduk

« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2014, 08:54:39 PM »
sorry hugh, the last person i would put in the hero status would be the most divisive of all,   mrs.thatcher.

I agree Sarah, she ruined this country.

A vote for UKIP is a vote for Labour to get back into government. That for me isn't a bad prospect but I know for quite a few of you on here, that isn't what you would want.

Phil

« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2014, 09:10:40 PM »

Frank Field could persuade me to give Labour a whirl but he's far too forthright & does silly things like giving straight answers, ever to become Labour leader.

"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

Johned

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2014, 10:27:32 PM »
Frank Field, one of the few really honest politicians from either side and that is why he will never be given a senior cabinet job in a Labour government; he tells it how it is!

GrannyMac

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2014, 11:01:19 PM »
I agree Sarah, she ruined this country.

A vote for UKIP is a vote for Labour to get back into government. That for me isn't a bad prospect but I know for quite a few of you on here, that isn't what you would want.

Of course Mrs Thatcher didn't ruin this country.  Lots of staunch Labour voters loved the introduction of Right to Buy, for the individual benefits it gave them.  What I've come to realise over the years is that its swings and roundabouts for most of us depending who is in power.  Before Maggie, we had a situation where the Trade Unions had far too much power, for instance when I went back to work after having my children, I had to join one as my employer operated a closed shop.   I'm all for unions having a place, I've been a member of one most of my working life, but I disagree about it being a condition of employment.

I'd never vote UKIP, although I understand the attraction of a party that has never been in power, and who can promise all sorts because its unlikely they'll ever have to deliver.  ;)   I think we need to get some clear information about the benefits (financial or otherwise) of being in or out of Europe.  Only once those are spelled out to us in clear terms should we have a referendum.

I'm another one who thinks Frank Field got it right.  Thats why Tony Blair sidelined him.
Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.

R. Gervais

Phil

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2014, 09:07:12 AM »
I think if we had a leader & cabinet full of Frank Fields, it wouldn't really matter which party  was in power since they'd all be doing their best for the UK & not for themselves.
"I've stopped arguing with idiots. They will only bring me down to their level and beat me with experience.”

Paraphrased from George Carlin

firenze

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2014, 09:25:42 AM »
Did We ever hear Margaret Thatcher on the E.U.?  Her input would be interesting at least her Iron Lady post or pose would have had teeth.  I still have lingering admiration perhaps for her strength used rightly or wrongly.  We have a  myriad of wishy washy politicians.
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

cheddar-caveman

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2014, 10:20:35 AM »

Conservative leaders including Margaret Thatcher were “tricksy” with the British people about the European Union and “capitulated” to the centralisation of power in Brussels, Boris Johnson has said.
Mr Johnson said that Conservative Governments including Lady Thatcher’s had been guilty of “naked and blatant hypocrisy” over Europe, falsely telling voters that they were resisting attempts to hand power to the EU.
Lady Thatcher herself could be “tricksy” with the British electorate about her dealings with other European leaders, Mr Johnson said.
The Mayor of London was referring to the years 1989 to 1995 when he served as The Telegraph’s correspondent in Brussels.
He was speaking in a video interview as part of the Telegraph’s Europe 2014 series looking at the big issues in this month’s European Parliament elections.

Here's a speech she gave on the subject........
http://www.margaretthatcher.org/document/107332
This post is my opinion, which you may not like, but I'm entitled to it.
mjodeard@gmail.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63508234@N06/with/255625

chris33

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2014, 12:03:34 PM »
I have no affiliation to any party but find a lot of good in the eu. How about a change of name? UNITED CITTIZENS of EUROPE ( ecu ). For the last 70yrs there has been no wars between us. The frontiers are open to us all to come and go as we please. There are 4 million brits working in eu countries. would you take away the rights of future generations to have this freedom? Surley you have children and grandchildren who go or live in the eu. Education today spend a lot of time teaching humanities all over the world.The future is theirs, talk to young they have a good grasp on whats happening in the world today.The future is forward, the eu is still evolving mistakes are made and hopefully can be rectified. Its easy to take sound bites from news reports which is what we usualy rely on. Its not just about money, but a safer world. While you are arguing about your allies the ememy can come through the back door.

Johned

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2014, 12:26:03 PM »
The British did'nt cause the wars in the last 70 or so years!  Agreed, we (previous generations) may have had to help sort "them" out.  I still want us out of the EU as we were not told the true facts in the first place when we voted to enter that corrupt organisation.

chris33

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2014, 12:56:46 PM »
 no we didn`t cause  the last 2 wars. last words on the subject UNITED WE STAND DEVIDED WE FALL