Author Topic: Our day out  (Read 715 times)

Rita Postlethwaite

Our day out
« on: Aug 17, 2012, 04:19:17 PM »
What a great day the Fox and I had at Coombe Country Park yesterday. Went to the Heron hide and there were a lot there, mostly youngsters, along with the cormorants, swans, coots and ducks, sadly all too far away in camera distance to get any decent photographs. High light of the day was watching a king fisher doing what they do best from a post set in the lake. Doesn`t get any better than that.  :)
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

Merrytel

Re: Our day out
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2012, 05:06:18 PM »
Smahing Rita , well pleased for you both ......we've got a park near us which has a small lake in it  , get some birds on there but nothing like you're describing
Tel .  

Life is just a very short interlude , between two eternities !

Dottie1943

« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2012, 12:37:10 PM »
I am still busy planting plants in the garden, it sounds wonderful your day out Rita and Foxy my only consolation is that I get a fly past at least once a day and yesterday was no exception. Not really good in identifying the different aircraft but still love them though (should have been a boy really) ;D
Breath in Breath out then repeat only when necessary!

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2012, 11:18:41 AM »
Now you`ve made Jeff green with envy again Dottie!!  ;D
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

Oldtimer

« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2012, 12:10:00 PM »
I live in the flight of Birmingham Airport and we got a fly past every 5 minutes yesterday.
It some times has its advantages in the past we have seen the WW2 memorial flight and Concorde in its early days and recently we where due to see a Dakota fly over but the flight was cancelled because of engine problems.
If you cannot do someone a good turn never do them a bad one.

Dottie1943

« Reply #5 on: Aug 20, 2012, 07:03:07 PM »
Oldtimer the flypast I get are not from commercial aircraft but from the Harriers, Typhoons and other jets along with the older planes as well.

We live close to Conningsby and about 3/4 other airfields where these planes come out of and we love it. ;D
Breath in Breath out then repeat only when necessary!

fiesty fox

« Reply #6 on: Aug 29, 2012, 12:25:42 PM »
Oldtimer the flypast I get are not from commercial aircraft but from the Harriers, Typhoons and other jets along with the older planes as well.

We live close to Conningsby and about 3/4 other airfields where these planes come out of and we love it. ;D

Hi Dottie1943
We had a nice visit to Conningsby a couple of weeks ago to see the Typhoons and Tornadoes and for my fav Lincolnshire sausage burger from the van on the layby there. Sadly the Harrier was prematurely removed by the goverment from the RAF some time ago.
Cheers
Jeff.