Author Topic: Oh Dear !!!!  (Read 4560 times)

Merrytel

Oh Dear !!!!
« on: Aug 20, 2012, 01:52:07 PM »
just been told by my GP that I've got the first stages of arthritis in my left hip , and lumbago ...........somedays it just don't pay to get out of bed in the morning  , does it?
 :(
Tel .  

Life is just a very short interlude , between two eternities !

Dottie1943

Re: Oh Dear !!!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2012, 06:56:39 PM »
Thats nasty Terry I know because I suffer as well with similar problems in the hips and knees which have already been replaced once >:(
Breath in Breath out then repeat only when necessary!

Rita Postlethwaite

« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2012, 07:39:52 PM »
Unfortunately it is the English disease, all the wet weather we endure, you know! We take a cod liver oil carsule each day and hope for the best.  :-\
Never look down on anyone, unless it is to offer your hand to help them up.

Merrytel

« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2012, 03:40:46 PM »
Thanks peeps  :)  All part of the ''joys'' of getting old ,eh ?
Tel .  

Hugh

« Reply #4 on: Aug 21, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »
I agree with Rita Terry Omega 3 pure fish oil 1000mg once aday as worked wonders for me. I use to have alot of pain in my right knee but not any more. I get mine from tescos but most stores sell them.

Dottie1943

« Reply #5 on: Aug 21, 2012, 06:09:28 PM »
Yep with you both on the cod liver oil tablets but I also add glucosamine-sulphite as well and it works but don't just take it for a month and then say its not working it takes a couple of months at least to notice the difference and when you wake up one morning and put your feet out the bed onto the carpet and you don't feel pain you might not notice it immediately but the penny will suddenly drop and you will smile

Merrytel

« Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2012, 06:51:10 PM »
I'm already on fish oil capsules , but I'll certainly try the ....er......glucowhatever   ???

Many thanks for the advice you lovely peeps ;) ;)
Tel .  

firenze

« Reply #7 on: Aug 21, 2012, 07:45:51 PM »
Agree wholeheartedly with the Glucosamine fish oil therapy I added MSM to those two nearly12 yrs ago and as already said by the other forum members the improvement although not immediate has worked well for me too. Go for it Merrytel!  :D
Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Mark Twain.

Oldtimer

« Reply #8 on: Aug 21, 2012, 11:04:25 PM »
Glucosiamin Oiintment is good to rub on the affected area!
If you cannot do someone a good turn never do them a bad one.

Sheila

« Reply #9 on: Aug 22, 2012, 07:23:48 AM »
Many years ago I read in a magazine that MSM is good for nails.  As mine split very badly, I looked MSM up on the internet and couldn't see any reason why I should not give it a try.  After a few months my nails were very much stronger.  Several years later I was taking a few other pills and decided to cut out the MSM.  A couple of months later my nails started to split so I am back on it with strong nails again.

I have noticed that the older I get, the longer the body mainenance takes!  Excercises for achilles, exercises for bursitis, etc. etc.

PuffTheMagicDragon

« Reply #10 on: Aug 22, 2012, 02:12:05 PM »
 Been trying to, just ignore my aches and pains, for nearly two years now, yes I know, ‘stubborn old sod’, but I’m not really that old, and I think that’s why I’m having trouble getting my head around it.
A new pain is starting in my arm now, I really must go to the doctors……Mañana.........Maybe ::)

Puff
OnOn......

Hugh

« Reply #11 on: Aug 22, 2012, 06:27:13 PM »
Hi Puff never ignor a pain your body telling you that you have a problem. Could be nothing but you never know until you have had it checked.

firenze

« Reply #12 on: Aug 22, 2012, 06:30:47 PM »
Many years ago I read in a magazine that MSM is good for nails.  As mine split very badly, I looked MSM up on the internet and couldn't see any reason why I should not give it a try.  After a few months my nails were very much stronger.  Several years later I was taking a few other pills and decided to cut out the MSM.  A couple of months later my nails started to split so I am back on it with strong nails again.

I have noticed that the older I get, the longer the body mainenance takes!  Excercises for achilles, exercises for bursitis, etc. etc.

Mark Twain.

firenze

« Reply #13 on: Aug 22, 2012, 06:37:40 PM »
 ;D  Spot on Sheila,  since MSM etc; my nails for the first time in my long life became strong. It is apparently sulphur and not harmful. Apologies if format re: quote does not appear correctly I still am learning computer language. :)

Mark Twain.

Dottie1943

« Reply #14 on: Aug 22, 2012, 10:09:57 PM »
Firenze

Not a problem all you do when you want to use the quote is do what you did and press quote then once it is in the window do a couple of return buttons so you start a new paragraph then type easy when you know how have a go with this reply  ;D ;D ;D

Dottie